Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Performance increase from what I have now and how much?

DarkGremioDarkGremio Member Posts: 32

Hello, I took the plunge and invested some more money into my somewhat of a gaming rig.  Today I bought a OCZ Agility 4 128 GB SSD and a ASUS Geforce GTX 570.  My current setup I have;

Intel i5 2500k

8GB RAM

Geforce GTX 460

500GB HDD

I was just hoping to see a performance in FPS to increase because I would like the to The Secret World flawlessly and sometimes my FPS sink enough in certain instances where I can notice it somewhat.

Do you think this upgrade will be enough to notice a diffrence? 

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

the GPU you had was pretty good already, the new one, probably just overkill, the SSD is probably the most significant upgrade, and as long as you have  win 7 64bit OS, you should see a remarkable improvement, though it will mean reinstalling from scratch more than likely, with the SSD being your boot drive, at least thats how i would do it..  you could probably improve it a bit more by increasing the RAM but i am not sure it would be all that noticeable.image

• DarkGremioDarkGremio Member Posts: 32

Yeah I was planning to reformat and start from scratch to put the OS install on the SSD

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Secret World performance decrease not caused by your hardware.  Its caused by the engine.  You can stick the absolute best consumer hardware in there and it will play exactly the same.  Its just bad coding.  This is a Funcom game.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

You'll definitely notice the impact of the SSD, though it may or may not have any effect on your frame rates.

The video card is maybe 50% or 60% faster than your old one.  So yes, it's faster, but I'd usually advise against upgrading for anything less than double the performance of your old card.  Speaking of which, you probably could have had double the performance (of your old card) from a Radeon HD 7870 for only slightly more than you paid for the old GeForce GTX 570, at least if you bought it new.