Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What announced features will not make release?

2»

Comments

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287
    Originally posted by TheTrueKing

the most needed thing for sPvP to be an E-Sport wont make release - Spectator mode.

Yup, exactly what I was going to say. I just hope that it comes VERY shortly after release.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

My best guess (most of these are known features planned for after release):

• Guild Halls
    • Mobile Devices
    • Spectator Mode
    • Underwater PvP map (and other PvP maps)
    • More PvP modes
    Unannounced (speculating on future content):
    • More robust Looking For Group tool
    • Build templates
    • True dueling
  • UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540
    Originally posted by StrixMaxima

Isn't it a bit early to be getting disappointed with speculation?

I'll be worried about that during early access. Not a single moment before. Judging by the huge difference between BWE 1 and BWE2, I think we'll have a lot of surprises, yet.

It's never too early to go looking for chinks in Arenanet's armor.  Some folks would chew off their own arm just to find one [mod edit]

•  I think you need to change the focus some to what features are in high demand that won't make it.

Anet has been VERY careful about delivering announced features.  Almost everything mentioned are things people want and Anet said won't be in, such as Dueling or Observor Mode.  There are very little promised things not getting delivered.  In fact they have added in a few extra things such as the WvW "dungeon".

Some "missing" things are things they thinkg are a good idea (Observor Mode) but couldn't squeeze in for some reason

Other's are things they think are debatable but may add in due to demand.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

So far i think the mobile device acces, some of the minigames, maybe the play your own music feature will not make final release..

Any other things still missing?

Haven't heard anything about the mobile device access, the minigames, we don't have a definitive list so we can't be sure which ones were planned for release and didn't make it, and the play your own music has already been working since the first BWE, so I guess that one will be at release.

Features I think will be missing: more robust guild tools, custom chat channels, guild alliances, more robust LFG tools (or LFD since it wouldn't work for quests the way the game is designed).

Features we know won't be at release and might be post release: guild halls, player housing, dueling, PvP modes other than conquest.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by L0C0Man

So far i think the mobile device acces, some of the minigames, maybe the play your own music feature will not make final release..

Haven't heard anything about the mobile device access, the minigames, we don't have a definitive list so we can't be sure which ones were planned for release and didn't make it, and the play your own music has already been working since the first BWE, so I guess that one will be at release.

Features I think will be missing: more robust guild tools, custom chat channels, guild alliances, more robust LFG tools (or LFD since it wouldn't work for quests the way the game is designed).

Features we know won't be at release and might be post release: guild halls, player housing, dueling, PvP modes other than conquest.

I'm looking forward to housing the most of things said to be in after release. Even if it's an expansion I don't care, I want housing.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Music list is in. Minigames will be in and I'll assume any minigames they have discussed will be in. It's possible some they have worked on won't be in, but how would we ever know they were missing?

Mobile device access is more uncertain. They have talked about having a team working on it, but I don't know if they have ever said it will be in for launch. I'm hoping at least some mobile app features will be in for launch, with the rest to follow.

I'm not aware of any game features they've talked about that are in danger of not being in for launch, except for features they have specifically discussed as something that they want to do, but probably or definitely not for launch.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204

Player Housing ??

i did not see any thing about this but if you talking about Home instance  it is alrady in the BETA

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Not the personal instance. Seperate customizable housing will be in the game after launch, though it is unknown what features it will present.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by thedarkess

Source?

As far as I know mobile / internet (browser) access to auction house, guild chat and map is under development, and I've already seen the auction house over browser few months ago.

I think there's also some screenshots of iPad with GW2 app from arenanet...

As for minigames I don't know. I've seen all except some kind of norn football with keg (but I think it will be there at release).

My wife just bought one of those.   I'm like "why?"    "Because..." 

Here I am, I'm the only one who uses it...   And I don't even like it.   

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by L0C0Man

1) Mobile Device things...haven't heard heads or tails about this directly from A.Net (fan speculation)

2) Minigames...have officially said to be in, just turned off during last few events because they're doing internal tweaking and testing and they weren't important focus.

3) Play your own music is in as people have already confirmed. 

4) More robust guild tools?  Please enlighten me on that one.   Guild chat and membership is cross-server, even after a transfer to or guesting to another server (confirmed during last BWE).  There's plenty of guild bonuses that get spent on, guild currency, bank, armor/weapons NPC's exclusive for guilds (near the banks in Divinity's Reach), Guild Chat.  I don't think I missed anything, but that in and of itself is so "robust" that I cannot fathum anything more needed.

5) Custom Chat channels...  I swear there was something by A.Net that said it was a design choice to not have these in.  That the specific channels such as Map, Local/say, Whisper, Party, Guild, Commander Group (different name?), and a couple others were more than enough for the game.  Tack that with most people who are friends or guilds will be using things like Ventrillo, Team Speak, and the likes outside the game in the background.

6) More Robust LFG Tools:  Heck no!  This defeats one of the principle designs from A.Net, which is exploration through Tyria.   Those kinds of tools, which I know you're probably wanting somethign that automatically groups you with others, and then teleports you to that spot.....does absolutely NOTHING for the game design wise and instead causes people to just sit in one spot in a capital city and queue for dugeons all day long.    These are bad, and counterproductive to the game.

7)  Guild Halls might be interesting down the line, but hopefully more fleshed out than those of other game's.  WAR's for example was just a building with an extra flight path.  Boring.   Now, to have a hall with chairs,  a round table (think King Arthur design), guild banners streamed on the walls, a vault for the bank in the back, and a few NPC services. ...great idea.  But, only when it serves to be useful, of high quality, and above all: fun.

8) Player Housing?......Doubtful that's ever needed.  Sure, might be useful far down the line with something of a trophy system that would link your zone/chapter completions to it.  But, the problem is this: 5x species = 5x individual housing designs.  Not to mention the server room needed for such an endevor.  So, with that in mind I see it as highly unlikely in the first 6 months or so of the game's life, if ever going to be worked on at all.

9)Dueling.   That's not going to happen.  Players can set up their own individual matches in the Mist for 1vs1, but that's as much dueling as you're going to see in this game.  The PvE aspects of the game aren't set around PvP save for Bar Brawls.  When those are set (said to be in at launch) you can duel others all you want with beer bottles and chairs.  But, if you're talking about for the sake of skill testing and matching, that's where you set up a 1vs1 in the PvP tournaments.

10) PvP modes.   Conquest right now is one that works, with the one map being twisty with trebs on each side.  However, it's kind of hard to set balance for different modes.  And what's something fresh for it?  Football like game similar to Hutt-Ball from SW:TOR?  Capture the Flag, like that of 100's of other games?  Omaha Beach invasion sort of like WoW's WotLK map?   The only thing I can think of is if they can turn the WvWvW dungeon into something designed for PvP as a map for it.  That would be sweet.  There you go, one genuin idea.

• DollMighty8313DollMighty8313 Member Posts: 179

Hopefully everything that they've announced makes it.  It may not be in at launch, but I'm hoping it all gets in eventually. 

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Originally posted by Siphaed

1) Mobile Device things...haven't heard heads or tails about this directly from A.Net (fan speculation)

2) Minigames...have officially said to be in, just turned off during last few events because they're doing internal tweaking and testing and they weren't important focus.

3) Play your own music is in as people have already confirmed. 

4) More robust guild tools?  Please enlighten me on that one.   Guild chat and membership is cross-server, even after a transfer to or guesting to another server (confirmed during last BWE).  There's plenty of guild bonuses that get spent on, guild currency, bank, armor/weapons NPC's exclusive for guilds (near the banks in Divinity's Reach), Guild Chat.  I don't think I missed anything, but that in and of itself is so "robust" that I cannot fathum anything more needed.

5) Custom Chat channels...  I swear there was something by A.Net that said it was a design choice to not have these in.  That the specific channels such as Map, Local/say, Whisper, Party, Guild, Commander Group (different name?), and a couple others were more than enough for the game.  Tack that with most people who are friends or guilds will be using things like Ventrillo, Team Speak, and the likes outside the game in the background.

6) More Robust LFG Tools:  Heck no!  This defeats one of the principle designs from A.Net, which is exploration through Tyria.   Those kinds of tools, which I know you're probably wanting somethign that automatically groups you with others, and then teleports you to that spot.....does absolutely NOTHING for the game design wise and instead causes people to just sit in one spot in a capital city and queue for dugeons all day long.    These are bad, and counterproductive to the game.

7)  Guild Halls might be interesting down the line, but hopefully more fleshed out than those of other game's.  WAR's for example was just a building with an extra flight path.  Boring.   Now, to have a hall with chairs,  a round table (think King Arthur design), guild banners streamed on the walls, a vault for the bank in the back, and a few NPC services. ...great idea.  But, only when it serves to be useful, of high quality, and above all: fun.

8) Player Housing?......Doubtful that's ever needed.  Sure, might be useful far down the line with something of a trophy system that would link your zone/chapter completions to it.  But, the problem is this: 5x species = 5x individual housing designs.  Not to mention the server room needed for such an endevor.  So, with that in mind I see it as highly unlikely in the first 6 months or so of the game's life, if ever going to be worked on at all.

9)Dueling.   That's not going to happen.  Players can set up their own individual matches in the Mist for 1vs1, but that's as much dueling as you're going to see in this game.  The PvE aspects of the game aren't set around PvP save for Bar Brawls.  When those are set (said to be in at launch) you can duel others all you want with beer bottles and chairs.  But, if you're talking about for the sake of skill testing and matching, that's where you set up a 1vs1 in the PvP tournaments.

10) PvP modes.   Conquest right now is one that works, with the one map being twisty with trebs on each side.  However, it's kind of hard to set balance for different modes.  And what's something fresh for it?  Football like game similar to Hutt-Ball from SW:TOR?  Capture the Flag, like that of 100's of other games?  Omaha Beach invasion sort of like WoW's WotLK map?   The only thing I can think of is if they can turn the WvWvW dungeon into something designed for PvP as a map for it.  That would be sweet.  There you go, one genuin idea.

Just a couple points:

1) Anet has mentioned an interest in mobile AH tools and the like

4) I honestly have no idea what the tools are, but Anet has said they have a bunch of "cool guld tools" that haven't made it in yet.

5) Hoenstly, with the combat the way it is in this game, who has time ti type? A nice built in voice client would be awesome though....

6) I can mostly agree with that. I think a way to coordinate groups of players gathering for large Des on the fly would be nice. but a WoW-style dungeon finder where you just sit in town is horrid design.

7) Anet has repeatedly said they plan on Guild Halls. 

8) They've also said they'll think about player housing, but aren't seeing it as a "soonish" feature if at all. Honestly most of your reasons behind why they wouldn't work aren't viable...Aion already has well more than that in housing styles, as do other games...and the server space isn't as bad as you think.

9) Anet has clearly stated on more than one occasion there will be a duel feature, they're still working on it. As long as it doesn't offer any real rewards and is jsut for fun, AND I don't get spammed to death with duel requets, I'm fine with it.

10)  More modes would be OK, although I'm kinda avoiding sPvP like the plague.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Gotta love how the negative people (or the 'invaders' from other games) list up things that have NEVER been promised as being part of the initial release of the game.

You can look the feature list on the official site. Every single thing is in game as of BW2.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

I m reading the thread and so far none of the things listed were things that were announce. 

So far everything has fall under "things players wanted but Arenanet couldn't implement BUT will after release features". None of them were things Arenanet intended to implement but did not.

• ennymithennymith Member UncommonPosts: 121

Dynamic Level Adjustment was touted in early PR as going both ways in open world PVE.

According to the official wiki:

"In early beta builds, a character's effective level could be increased by joining a party with a higher level character. This has been removed and dynamic level adjustment now only scales characters down in level"

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dynamic_level_adjustment

Originally posted by ennymith

Dynamic Level Adjustment was touted in early PR as going both ways in open world PVE.

"In early beta builds, a character's effective level could be increased by joining a party with a higher level character. This has been removed and dynamic level adjustment now only scales characters down in level"

And this was a wise decision.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

Traits were supposed to be like this:

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/combat/traits-overview/

but ended up like this:

http://www.arena.net/blog/play-your-way-jon-peters-on-traits-and-attributes

"You acquire traits by completing profession challenges scattered throughout the world. For instance, you walk into an inn and persuade a shadowy stranger into telling you a rumor about a mysterious tome full of arcane knowledge. Or you challenge a legendary swordmaster to a duel while exploring Divinity's Reach."

I really liked the idea of this, too bad they scrapped it :(

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

And this was a wise decision.

+1

Upscaling in PvE is a bad idea, it makes players skip content and actually makes levels obsolete altogether (which isn't necesarily a bad thing, just there seems to be a lot of folks that need that sense of vertical progression).

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Gotta love how the negative people (or the 'invaders' from other games) list up things that have NEVER been promised as being part of the initial release of the game.

You can look the feature list on the official site. Every single thing is in game as of BW2.

yeah. The topic is very misleading. People will think there are launch features missing.

Gw2 is already a very polished feature packed mmo compared to other garbage MMOs at launch.

Originally posted by seridan

but ended up like this:

"You acquire traits by completing profession challenges scattered throughout the world. For instance, you walk into an inn and persuade a shadowy stranger into telling you a rumor about a mysterious tome full of arcane knowledge. Or you challenge a legendary swordmaster to a duel while exploring Divinity's Reach."

Those two "examples" aren't features that have been removed - but changed after testing them during beta, which is what a beta is made for after all.

Looks like the profession challenges have been renamed to skill point challenges - which aren't bad either, and can be just as varied (I had combat ones and lore related ones).

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193

but ended up like this:

These have simply been changed to skill challenges. Same idea, different name (though I do kind of wish there was something more to trait acquisition).

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394

but ended up like this:

This is kinda how Skill points are distributed now, along with getting them through leveling.  I was dissapointed that they scrapped this acquiring traits in the world idea, but I'm glad they kept it for something important like skill points.

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by stragen001
    Originally posted by Butregenyo

Guild Halls,

Observer mode,

trait/build templates (importing exporting sharing),

New sPvP modes (announced),

personal housing (in addition to personal instance),

live content team (actually it will be there after launch but they will take their time to renew the content)

-----

These features are comfirmed to be done after launch.

This is a shame and quite a surprise. The Build templates system in GW1 was really useful and worked perfectly. 

Does anyone know if it is possible to link items into chat in GW2 yet? I think that may be part of the delay if not....

The templates system in GW1 didn't come until later either.