Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this game has incredibly bad quest design

AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

game overloads way too many quests on you at once (a case of quantity over quality), no flow of movement between the questing spots (cataclysm does this really well), and plenty of awful quests that send you to previous zones for no reason other than making you waste your time traveling over there

not to mention you outlevel the majority of them way too fast, the exp curve is completely off sync with the questing system right now

oh well, I guess you get what you pay for! 

Comments

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

lol

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Asamof

game overloads way too many quests on you at once (a case of quantity over quality), no flow of movement between the questing spots (cataclysm does this really well), and plenty of awful quests that send you to previous zones for no reason other than making you waste your time traveling over there

not to mention you outlevel the majority of them way too fast, the exp curve is completely off sync with the questing system right now

i have started playing aion a week ago and i dont face the difficulty you have mentioned . no sir .not at all

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

I'll sort of disagree with you there. I mean, they are "kill x:" quests but there are some nice quests to be found. Still, even though I have my crticisms, I find that many of the things you find as negatives I find as positives.

Going back to former areas was a plus for me. One thing I absolutely hate is going to a quest hub, grabbing quests like the pez that they are, quickly doing them and then moving to the next quest hub never to visit the previous quest hubs/areas again.

I like the idea that the "world" of Aion (as confining as it can be in certain zones) is a world and sometimes work needs to be done in places you have previously visited.

I also think outleveling quests is "ok" because it means that creating alts allows one to do some quests that you didn't do before.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Aion's questing used to actually make sense to your level but incessant bitching and whining for North American pansy gamers made them change it to the ridiculous farce it is now.

Just to note, Aion was ruined before that happened though. :D

• MorgarenMorgaren Member UncommonPosts: 397

Yeah first too few quest (i agreed) now it's too many quest (the better of two evils) and the quest aren't cool enough (Cause aparently every quest has to have a story on par with fight club to be worthy of an MMO) I have seen people in my life who aren't happy unless they have something to B$%&h about. If the quest where well written, and dynamic, you would say no cutscenes, and if they were all voice acted, you would complain, when they are written, its never interesting, so you just skip over it. Questing is fine in Aion, what the game needs is the same thing the whole genre needs, to quit being compared to single player games.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I'll sort of disagree with you there. I mean, they are "kill x:" quests but there are some nice quests to be found. Still, even though I have my crticisms, I find that many of the things you find as negatives I find as positives.

Going back to former areas was a plus for me. One thing I absolutely hate is going to a quest hub, grabbing quests like the pez that they are, quickly doing them and then moving to the next quest hub never to visit the previous quest hubs/areas again.

I like the idea that the "world" of Aion (as confining as it can be in certain zones) is a world and sometimes work needs to be done in places you have previously visited.

I also think outleveling quests is "ok" because it means that creating alts allows one to do some quests that you didn't do before.

I personally love just grabbing a few, getting them done, then moving on. Keeps a good game pace, and you never stay in one area too long. as great as the environments are in aion, by the time I'm ready to leave the zone i'm pretty sick of it at that point.

also for the immersion point on having to backtrack, I disagree. I feel like it's a design they picked up on from vanilla WoW before blizz realized how lame those quests are. but each to their own 

going through and picking up skipped quests on alts is a valid point, but I'm really ocd and feel compelled to complete every quest, even if it's way below me. that's definitely my problem though and not the games lol, i'm sure most people don't give a crap

also the the person who mentioned people going back to "slow" games like wow, I don't think it's an issue of slow or fast, but the curve for leveling to questing. it just feels sloppy when they increase the exp curve without considering the other effects it has on the game. it also tells me that they didn't have confidence in their initial design, so they appeased the people who wanted to rush to endgame 

also just because it's an MMO doesn't mean they need quantity over quality. Even if you don't care for the game, TSW and WoW do a pretty great job of having short varied quests that are relevant to the zones story arc (more tsw than wow though)

it's not like it's a game breaker or anything, there's still plenty of other aspects of the game I enjoy. just wanted to rant a little and see other player opinions

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

there is a level number on each quest for a reason !

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334
    Originally posted by wormed

Aion's questing used to actually make sense to your level but incessant bitching and whining for North American pansy gamers made them change it to the ridiculous farce it is now.

Just to note, Aion was ruined before that happened though. :D

yea i dont know what they were bitching about, I played Aion when it released and it was amazing!