Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Pride of Taern: Our Official Pride of Taern Review

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

The Pride of Taern is a browser based game that we've been putting through its paces over the last little while and we've got our official MMORPG.com review to share with you. Check it out and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

Let's be forthright about this: Taern is an ugly game. It is browser-based, Infinity Engine inspired fare, but it also lacks a certain effort. Menus are sparse and poorly finished, the combat sequences are less animated than a corpse, and your avatar looks like a robot hobbit.

Read more of Adam Tingle's Pride of Taern: The Official MMORPG.com Review.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

The link of the review send me to the game list..

• Wintermute23Wintermute23 Member UncommonPosts: 8

same here.. link doesnt seem to work

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265

Overall a fairly accurate review.  I have been enjoying the game quite a bit, in spite of myself.  I like the old school feel and it definitly feels like a blast from the past, only a little better.  There is quite a bit of chatter in the chat channels and people are friendly and helpful.  Definitly worth a try and you have to get to about level 15 to really get a good feel for what the game is about.

• AravrasAravras Member Posts: 9

If it's a Polish game, why didn't it get 10/10 for Polish? :)

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Aravras

huehuehuehuehuehue

Steam: Neph

• ThreeSixtyThreeSixty Member UncommonPosts: 41

Considering how much time is spent in combat, and that I agree with you that it was pretty drab and the "action-point" combat is more than a little dull, I couldn't stick with the game.

But it should at least get a 10/10 for Polish, shouldn't it?  It is, after all, uh... Polish.

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Originally posted by Aravras

I actually Lol'd

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Nice review, spoiled by audience pandering anti mainstream jab at the end

6/10

• b003b003 Member UncommonPosts: 54

Wayy too generous in your review.  I didn't even want to finish the tutorial.

• Ramin-67Ramin-67 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    You have seven classes which cover all the normal RPG types of play. You have a pretty nice character creation which proves to be almost absolutely nice. You have your head in the left upper corner near your life, mana and stamina are shown very clearly.
  • sirpouyasirpouya Member Posts: 1
    The Pride of Taern is a browser based RPG that lets you follow its story with a lot of different classes and a unique combat system to keep the game challenging. Make your hero and travel the world as the story develops around you, play alone or together in a guild and declare war against others to expand your grasp over the land. Arenas and tournaments are also offered to show off your skills at end-game.
  • dpfarhaddpfarhad Member Posts: 1

It's one of the great online game I've ever seen, and for the guys who said its in polish, I want to mention that the english version is available on: http://www.taern.com

there you can play in english, follow the tutorial and enjoy the game. more people join, more fun & enjoyable time we all can get.

so see you there, click now & register right now, follow my name in game to any further question.