It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I followed Tera for two years during development. I played all the betas and up until the third week after launch Tera was the most fun I've had in about 8 years of MMOs. But, sadly this game is dying and it's bleeding players.
I'm on one of the low/med population servers and we have lost whole guilds to either D3 or Dragonfall server transfers (highest pop server). My server used to have 8-9 very active guilds, we are down to 2-3. I loved this game, but the developers did not create a game that would sustain players between expansions. While I'm still logging in to run end game instances, I won't be for long and it's very sad because I loved this game. My wife and I even bought new machines just to play this game. Here are the reasons Tera screwed up and will be dead in less than six months.
1. Lack of basic guild features. Guilds have no officer chat and that makes it hard for officers to communiate and coordinate. You can't do everything in vent or via a message board. Also, there is only one person who can kick or makes real changes to a guild and that was one guild master. There needs to be the ability for a GM to appoint other officers with power.
2. Little end game content. Right now when you hit 60 your job is to get your T12 gear set by running Fane and BT instances over and over again...OR you can buy the gear off the broker (see point 3). With that you do daily tasks in several zones to gain reputation in those zones for items. But, this gets old - fast.
3. End game can be bought. If you don't feel like running instances 100 times to get your full T12 gear set you can simply BUY IT off the broker. One of the worse things Tera did was allow end game gear to be BOE and sellable. Many players would rather farm gold (which is very easy) and buy their T12 set. This destroys the focus of a level 60 to run instances. This is why players in WoW run end game over and over and over again - to get their gear!
4. Lack of PvP and Battlegrounds. Even on PvE servers people want to PvP. Battlegrounds are suppose to be introduced at the end of summer, but that will be too late because there won't be any players around to PvP against. MMOs need to realize they must have certain content already implemented prior to launch.
5. Tera is too easy. I was able to reach the level cap within three weeks, and that's not playing every day. Leveling to max level should take at least 2-3 months, not 2-3 weeks. Players (even with their complaining) need a challenge to stay interested. Tera was so easy players left after hitting level 60.
Overall, I wish this game was more successful. But, I would honesetly warm anyone who is thinking about trying this game out. There is only one PvE server with any population (Dragonfall) and only two PvP servers worth playing on. I was hoping this game would be more successful...but in the end....it failed to retain players and that's a major flaw. My eyes are on GW2 now, it looks well developed and love the "no class requirement" idea.
MMOing since 2000