Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Earn Free Stuff for Transfers

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bioware has announced that players taking advantage of the free character transfers currently being offered will score some really nice prizes at the end of the month simply for participating.

In appreciation for the community’s support of the Free Character Transfer service, we are giving all characters on qualifying servers (including all destination servers) an in-game pet, the Gannifari, and 25 Black Hole Commendations to help purchase high level gear. Visit www.swtor.com/transfer for a list of qualifying servers.

If you haven’t moved your characters yet, it’s not too late. Transfer now to receive these in-game rewards!

Check out all of the details on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HarttzHarttz Member Posts: 91

As someone who played at launch and then quit but is still considering resubbing in the future, I wonder what happens to your characters if you don't transfer them in the next month or two?  Are they going to keep a bunch of empty servers filled with abandoned toons around?  Are they going to delete the toons after a certain amount of time?  Are they eventually going to forcibly merge them onto the destination servers?  What about the players who chose to stay on their origin server of their own free will?

My guess is mergers by the end of the year but who knows.  It would suck to come back to the game in a few months and either find out my Merc got deleted or that they are no longer offering free transfers and he is stuck on an empty server.

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Originally posted by Harttz

As someone who played at launch and then quit but is still considering resubbing in the future, I wonder what happens to your characters if you don't transfer them in the next month or two?  Are they going to keep a bunch of empty servers filled with abandoned toons around?  Are they going to delete the toons after a certain amount of time?  Are they eventually going to forcibly merge them onto the destination servers?  What about the players who chose to stay on their origin server of their own free will?

My guess is mergers by the end of the year but who knows.  It would suck to come back to the game in a few months and either find out my Merc got deleted or that they are no longer offering free transfers and he is stuck on an empty server.

Mergers will happen however i doubt they will delete the characters. 

After the free transfers they will probably make it a payable transfer with less restrictions(Pick any server).

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

wish I was given some crappy token gesture in any of the previous server merges that I've been through.  At least something would have made me feel less PO'd about the ordeal.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482

Some mmo's i've played put you into a holding area when they close servers so when you log in you chose a server to go to from the holding area.

• DreyderDreyder Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by eyelolled

wish I was given some crappy token gesture in any of the previous server merges that I've been through.  At least something would have made me feel less PO'd about the ordeal.

It's a move that lacks thought...

Why give rewards to people who don't really play the game... you are rewarding the wrong behavior.

You reward people who are active because that's what you want them to be... you reward people who are 50 because that's an objective of the game...

What's next? A cool mount for everyone that unsubs?

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

just a desperate move to keep people subbed and there servers at good population.to bad watching paint dry is about as fun as swtor has been lately so i decided not to resub back

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    @ Dreyder

Its good and bad... See what they are aiming for is person to re-sub even just for a month and move there char and possibly log on a few more times in that period and hope they rethink there idea of quiting..

they really are enticing person to re-sub
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by theJexster

Can these guys do anything without borrowing from WOW?

Yes. Happy now?

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by theJexster

Can these guys do anything without borrowing from WOW?

Full Voice over, not borrowed from WoW. Companions not borrowed from WoW, crafting system is definitely not borrowed from WoW.  Interesting story, not borrowed from WoW.

Varying game mechanics, can argue borrowed from Genre, not specifically WoW.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

HAH!!!!!!!!!!!! This could also be titled "We want to reduce the number of servers byt want to minimize the number of people we have to force transfer."

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

For quest lover and altholic as I'm actually only helps not having a lot players around. :-)

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

This is just their push to try to keep their current subscribers, just like in 1.2 Lol, that is all.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Originally posted by Harttz

I'm pretty sure you can still transfer even if your sub is out.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

With Cicero's words I would yell: "How long, SWTOR, will you try our patience?!"

Really, you offer people a bribe for server transfer? How desperate can a company become? If only GW2 finally launches and washes away this farce of a MMO.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

I did this last night, moved my toons, they dont really let you choose, from to are up to them at least thats what I found I only had one choice.     Lucked out all but one of my toons made it with thier names.    I havnt played since the first month so Im just going to take it slow and level.    

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

They will force move all toons left on "dead" servers at some point in the future, but you will have no controll over whare they end up. Thus it is prolly better to make the move now.

not that you have much controll now either.

This have been a good conversation