Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most disappointing MMO? [Poll]

Comments

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by Alders

Why is there no FFXIV option?  How could the obvious winner of such a poll be absent?

What this man says.

My vote goes to FFXIV. Just nothing but heartbreak with the game. It actually hurt my soul when I played it and I seen it was a broken game. Had such high hopes for it. Heres hoping 2.0 can bring it back from the dead.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Voted Tera. 

Eastern/Asian games should never be ported to the west, our gaming cultures are to diametrically opposed to ever make a Asian Grinder work in the US.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I wanted SWTOR to be so much more than it is... I was hoping they'll fix things from SWG and improve the SW mmorpg game a lot, but instead they went few steps down and they made worse game than SWG :(...

So seeing SWTOR for what it is when it was released was really a big dissapointment..

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

We need another one of these with Final Fantasy instead of SWTOR, since it's clear who the winner is. Anybody else agree?

• RuinalRuinal Member Posts: 195

Of all the mmo disappointments, SW:TOR comes top by far. It should have been so very much more than it was, without even considering the 'talent' and money chucked at it.

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

I knew SWTOR was a little bit of a let down  (well a lot for me) but 45% from over 600 votes....wow.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Why is there no FFXIV option?  How could the obvious winner of such a poll be absent?

Its so bad I forgot about it... sorry lol.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by Z3R01

Its so bad I forgot about it... sorry lol.

Make a new poll without SWTOR Z3RO1. Hell, we should have a championship to find the most dissapointing one. TOR as 1st place. Let's see who as second, third, etc.image

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363

For me it was Champions Online.

I've loved the IP for over 20 years now. The idea of a free-form open character build superhero game, with literally millions of combinations in the character ccreator, emphasizing fast paced combat in a setting with over 100 books of lore to draw upon seemed like a dream come true...

Nightmare is more like it.

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

It was shocking how bad SWTOR was after the amount of money they spent on it combined with a reputable development team working on it. I was given a reference from one of the people I used to do arenas with in WoW, a long way back, and later on he apologized to both me and my brother no matter how many times we told him it was ok.

There were fundamental flaws with that game. PvP was at the heart of it for me. However, I was also part of raiding in SWTOR (just like I was in WoW) and the shockingly easy difficulty turned me off hard.

In the end, SWTOR was the most disappointing experience of my MMORPG experiences. EVE and WoW are by far my favorie MMORPGs of all time. For different reasons. But SWTOR was shockingly bad once I figured out how poor their game designers were through play.

• TolrocTolroc Member UncommonPosts: 111

SWTOR was a disspaointment, but I saw the direction it was heading months before the game was released, and didn't buy it. I voted for DCUO. If you look at the direction they were headed and then what they settled for in the last minute during beta, it was a huge disapointment.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Voted SWTOR, more for what it isn't opposed to the game it is. Thank god they offered the free to play open beta or I probably would have wasted 60$ on that POS.

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Darkfail, for a game with so much potential, it just failed to achieve it, repeatedly.. though must admit, it was hard to choose between darkfall and DCUO, the level of fail in both those games is almost achieving parity. image

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I put Aion.

Not to say taht I didn't enjoy Aion, but i followed it since it was announced and it wasn't what they said it was going to be. Initiallyi each server was supposed to be different depending on player decisions.

Also, and this was probably my fault, coming from Lineage 2 i expected the game to have a wider, open world and have a similiar siege system. I don't like the sieges in Aion.

Still, a pretty good game and I enjoyed myself but it did not fulfill my expectations.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NirwylNirwyl Member Posts: 103

For me it was Star Trek Online. Had such high hopes for that one. Other games listed here I didn't/don't care about enough to be let down as much.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

FFXIV

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Warhammer Online. I was expecting it to kill WoW but it didn't even get close.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is similarly a game that I expected a lot from but got nothing.

Both games are horrible, for the record. I can't believe anyone plays SWTOR. The entire game is trashy.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

FFXIV was horrible.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I chose SWTOR because of the wasted IP. 

I actually kind of enjoy DC UO, but I play it on PS3 and it feels like more of a console game. I don't think I'd enjoy it at all on PC.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

I played TOR in beta and knew it was going to be bad so I didn't vote for it. TSW, on the other had could have been so much more but they really rushed it out. So I voted for TSW.

• OcenicaOcenica Member UncommonPosts: 96

SWTOR for me.

If you look at the games Lucas Arts put out 10 years ago like X-wing vs. Tie Fighter or the Jedi Knight series and the stuff they let get put out now.  It's a disgrace.  I know it's done by other studios now.  Bioware, EA, or whomever is putting it out is just milking the Star Wars merchandising machine.  If it has Star Wars attached to it, I will pass.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Definetly SWTOR.

I wasn't expecting to be the next big thing, but certainly I didn't predicted such a POS coming from Bioware.

For me Bioware died with Swtor, I don't think I am going to buy any more of their products (in particular after playing Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3)

I hope Zenimax won't kill Bethesda ID by producing a TES MMO with the same characteristics as Swtor (Casual and shallow)

• RockhideRockhide Member Posts: 155

I've tried Warhammer, Rift, TSW, TERA, and TOR on that list, and even though to this point I've still played TOR more than the others -- combined -- it's personally the most disappointing MMO I've played.

When I take a step back and compare it to these others, even taking out the issues I have with it's design and Bioware's handling of the game, TOR was just not fun to me.  There were moments I convinced myself I was having fun, but I can see now that was the result of lowering my expectations because I so very much wanted to like it, wanted it to be the MMO I logged into five nights a week for the next two years.  

My personal investment in the Star Wars setting is, in retrospect, probably the only thing that kept me playing for a few months. If I hadn't felt a personal connection to the places, characters, and themes from other games, books, and the movies, I don't know that I'd have made it through the second planet with a single character, let alone play through the majority of the content with a toon on each side.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

SWTOR No contest here. Now don't get me wrong its probably still better, err scratch that, AS GOOD as the rest on the list but it is without question the most disappointing.

To start ,the amount of time and money they pumped into this game was clearly spent on the wrong resources ie.. voice acting & story. Bioware and the retard james ohlen spent so much time on the story they bascially neglected the rest of what makes a MMO great. The world itself was total fail, Each planet felt dead and stale, not to mention the constant invisible and not so invisible walls that gave you 1 way to get from point A to point B. Exploration, ever hear of it Bioware?

I could go on and on and list everything SWTOR failed at from the slap dick rushed space combat or lack there of to the bland gameplay. The bottom line is Bioware was out of their realm or comfort zone, they had no business making a MMO with such a fantastic license , So much potential wasted ......

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Where is GW2, and where is the option for all of the above and then some?