Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think blizzard is coming to the end

darkness2468darkness2468 Member UncommonPosts: 47

This aint  a troll post but in reality do you think there time is over?

Comments

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

I think it depends a lot on their next MMO. 

• darkness2468darkness2468 Member UncommonPosts: 47

i loved blizzard at one time but things have changed since there good days

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by darkness2468

Well if you look at the games they have made.

Starcraft  was the most watched esport game, but now League of Legends have taken that titel.

World of Warcraft is in decline and i don't anything OMG stuff coming anytime soon.

Diablo 3 sold alot of copies, but the game was a failure in the eyes of the players.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Cata sucked... SC2 was only 1/3 of a game, and Diablo 3 was just an auction house... so Blizzard jumped the shark right after they released WOTLK...

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Every game they make sells millions...

Wow is still the most played MMO on the internet.

Starcraft 2 dominates the eSport scene and has two more highly anticipated expansions.

Diablo 3 sold over seven million copies.

People are foaming at the mouth for Titan information blizzards new Fps mmo.

Lets not forget Blizzard All-Stars, finally a Dota styled game where matches dont last 45+ minutes to an hour. Once that releases its going to take over and push SC2 sales to a all new level.

^ With all of that, No i dont think Blizzard is coming to an end lol.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by Sebber
    Originally posted by darkness2468

Well if you look at the games they have made.

Starcraft  was the most watched esport game, but now League of Legends have taken that titel.

World of Warcraft is in decline and i don't anything OMG stuff coming anytime soon.

Diablo 3 sold alot of copies, but the game was a failure in the eyes of the players.

You're on some good stuff if you think LoL is anywhere near the popularity of SC2... Sure on Twitch.tv sometimes LoL does well but world wide more people play SC2 and there are many more tournaments for SC2 than LOL. 

Also With Dota 2 full releasing soon with 100% free heroes, its only a matter of time before LoLs community gets split right down the middle and that means SC2 will stay number 1 even longer.

Diablo 3 wasn't a failure by any means. Don't think your represent "the players." It has two more expansions in the works.

The game launched with minium content, no PvP, major server issues and a P2W AH. how was that not a failure?

Can you please tell me what a failure is then?

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

really dumb thread to have on this website... 

If Blizzard is coming to an end then the gaming industry is in trouble. There is no better video game developer period. 

Originally posted by zymurgeist

WoW effectively killed off the Warcraft franchise but MoP will bring in at least some money.

I disagree, the only reason WoW has dropped in subs is that people get tired of the same old game. WoW has been out for a long time. Yet it still the most populated game, cities on virtually any server are packed with hundreds of people. 

With MoP its more of the same but it will still continue to pull in millions of new players even if older ones leave.

I also don't think the Warcraft ip is dead at all. Watch Blizzard release Warcraft 4 and then a WoW 2 using the lore of that RTS... We will be looking at Blizzard dominating the MMO scene for the next two decades.

yers.

You're on some good stuff if you think LoL is anywhere near the popularity of SC2... Sure on Twitch.tv sometimes LoL does well but world wide more people play SC2 and there are many more tournaments for SC2 than LOL. 

Also With Dota 2 full releasing soon with 100% free heroes, its only a matter of time before LoLs community gets split right down the middle and that means SC2 will stay number 1 even longer.

Starcraft is not number 1 in EU, NA or Korea, i have no clue where you think the game is number 1, but okay....

League of Legends is the new Starcraft in korea.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

Diablo 3 wasn't a failure by any means. Don't think your represent "the players." It has two more expansions in the works.

The game launched with minium content, no PvP, major server issues and a P2W AH. how was that not a failure?

Companies don't deal in sentiments they deal in profts in monetary terms. So nope in real practical world of business Diabolo3 wans't a faliure and sold record breaking copies making Blizzard and Activision even more rich and that is all that matters.

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

Technically, a failure is a game that fails to make money or sell. Diablo 3 sold over 7 mil copies at release. I consider that far from failure.

yers.

Starcraft is not number 1 in EU, NA or Korea, i have no clue where you think the game is number 1, but okay....

League of Legends is the new Starcraft in korea.

haha... Give me a break one site reports that and its true? Dude SC2 has the highest money pay out tourneys and ten times the amount of tourneys in a year world wide. 

I find it insulting that you would compare a skill based RTS to an action game like LoL... Whats next? Wanna compare the popularity of the FPS and Fighting game scenes to SC2? 

Different games, different experiences... even if SC2 destroys LoL in popularity (lets not forget LoL is a free game) 

Game launched with plenty of content. More than Diablo 2 had actually with more on the way. Server issues lasted all of a week. The auction house has no effect unless you choose to use it. How can a single player game be pay to win? For a single player game a failure is a game that does not sell or does not work. Failures of single player games are pretty rare. 

This have nothing to do with how bad this game was, why do you think the game have a rating of 4.1 on metacritic from the playerbase?

haha... Give me a break one site reports that and its true? Dude SC2 has the highest money pay out tourneys and ten times the amount of tourneys in a year world wide. 

I find it insulting that you would compare a skill based RTS to an action game like LoL... Whats next? Wanna compare the popularity of the FPS and Fighting game scenes to SC2? 

Different games, different experiences... even if SC2 destroys LoL in popularity (lets not forget LoL is a free game) 

Cool story bro, please find a site that says starcraft is bigger than league of legends, from 2012.

It doesn't matter what game is more skill full, i can make a game with the rules says you have to play with your mouth, does that make it a populer game, i don't think so and it will not make people watch it either.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

All I see is people disliking Blizzard games and then conclude Blizzard must be losing their mojo.

• World of Warcraft is not dead.
    • Diablo 3 was a success, although it's still in a weird place.
    • Starcraft 2 is a success. A lot of people are looking forward to the next 2 installments.
    So if Blizzard is coming to an end, it won't be anytime soon (Based on their games anyway).
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Yeah, a game company just released 'the fastest selling PC game ever' with 6M+ copies in the first week.

And.... it is coming to an end.

How does that work? LOGIC?

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Game launched with plenty of content. More than Diablo 2 had actually with more on the way. Server issues lasted all of a week. The auction house has no effect unless you choose to use it. How can a single player game be pay to win? For a single player game a failure is a game that does not sell or does not work. Failures of single player games are pretty rare. 

This have nothing to do with how bad this game was, why do you think the game have a rating of 4.1 on metacritic from the playerbase?

Because Metacritic is filled with trolls, as is every other "user review" site :).

Im sorry but these guys lose all credibilty once they bring up user reviews on metacritic.

Any sane person knows that a couple thousand trolls can effect a score on that site because the millions of people enjoying it are actually playing the game.

Look at MW3 1.7 user score yet that game has millions playing it a day lol.

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Because Metacritic is filled with trolls, as is every other "user review" site :).

So people hate portal since the score is 9.5, and the only reason is because the "trolls" are upvoting it?

So people hate portal since the score is 9.5, and the only reason is because the "trolls" are upvoting it?

People dont Hate valve like they hate blizzard.

Valve is considered the PC gaming savior.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 920

While you are right that the game its self is some what lacking in a lot of areas, I do not think you can call being the fastest selling PC game of all time a failure....

In short, I do not think that word means what you think it means.

The Game might not be great, but over 6 million copies sold is hardly a "Failure" infact it represents a massive success.

Originally posted by Z3R01

Im sorry but these guys lose all credibilty once they bring up user reviews on metacritic.

Any sane person knows that a couple thousand trolls can effect a score on that site because the millions of people enjoying it are actually playing the game.

"millions playing it a day", just leave this forum thank god you are stupid. People hate that game with a burinng passion, it the worst game they have released.

Yet they sold like 50 million copies and its the number 1 played MP FPS game on consoles... 

Are you seriously trying to argue how Metacritic's user scores are a reflection of whether a game is any good?

Seriously?

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 920
    Originally posted by Z3R01

"millions playing it a day", just leave this forum thank god you are stupid. People hate that game with a burning passion, it the worst game they have released.

"Some" people hate that game.

Subjective view points presented as Objective fact do not mean squat mate ;)