Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real life = far superior MMORPG experience

Comments

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Kopogero
    Originally posted by Leethe
    Originally posted by dauntSilver

Not to mention all of the devs and GMs have completely abandoned the game!

This^^ with about 10 million different versions of the Terms of Service. Chaos...

No GM's = no bans and no suspensions

Tell that the the Judge!

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by Ekor4

I can't turn into a owl thing and shoot moon lasers at people though =(. 

I love science and math, but magic is just..... wizard.

Oh god, what are we doing to the english language?

English is so 1900s. We speak American now.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by stragen001

This^^ with about 10 million different versions of the Terms of Service. Chaos...

Tell that the the Judge!

I heard they keep all the permabanned PKs locked up. Then again if you're PKing for the right guild you may actually get gold and a profession.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

Tell that the the Judge!

You can PvP vs judges, not against GM's.

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

Tell that the the Judge!

I heard they keep all the permabanned PKs locked up. Then again if you're PKing for the right guild you may actually get gold and a profession.

^^

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174

Reminds me of this pic someone has posted ages ago..

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

nah. certain classes are way op and there's no way to switch. also the mechanics are totally broken.

EDIT: also the community sucks.

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by RoyalPhunk

Reminds me of this pic someone has posted ages ago..

lol, I've definitely met my fair share of those NPCs.. Wandering idiots if you ask me!

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570

Some of the best critcisms I have read and some of my own.

You cannot choose your race, sex, creed( for the beginning and there is much to be said for the negative effects of indoctrination of the young), appearance etc.

Although you cannot choose your race, sex, creed and appearance the game and it's players are programmed for the most part to treat you according to an extremely slow changing rule book based on those stats. So you always start the game at varying degrees of advantage and disadvantage.

Starting country, family backgound and income, country laws, disparity and food and resource distribution are all random upon log in. Given that we are a products of our environments, biology and the resources we can work with, the in game opportunity for all players is far from fair.

The game is pay to win. With some longtime players having already monopolized corporations, resources, technologues, regions and countries. Those players utilize underhanded tactics to remain rich and powerful.

The games sordid history, unpleasant current state and grim future portrays the lack of a universal rule book, a missing moral code and absolutely no GMs or Devs. Although some players are always fucking harping at you about their invisible GM this or that, which is just another hassle on top of everything else. (so don't be surprised when you get ganked in one way or another, and not all people like open world PvP). 

Disparity and corrupt playstyles leads to manipulation of the economy, education and other systems in the game, which perpetuate the disparity and make the corruption easier for those at the top. 

I could go on and on, but I would rather go microwave some dinner, then check my facebook, and then play an MMO (which to be honest isnt the funnest game but I have my fingers crossed for the next patch >.< )

I love snails.
    I love every kinda snail.
    I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
    Cant hug every snail.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Its features:

Best possible graphics  Agreed.

Permadeath  Not as fun as you seem to think.

Full loot  See you in court.

43243243 of professions  43243211 of them involving kissing someone's ass.

You can literally own people. You can become a king/ruler.  Send me a postcard when you settle into your new palace.

You can go 1 vs MANY and many more  Health insurance coverage paid up, Rambo?

No one can change/nerf your character abilities/skills at any given will  Says the radiator grill of the vehicle that slams into you at some crosswalk because the driver had one too many martinis at lunch.  Tell me how well your badminton skills hold up while you're in traction.  And about that health insurance....

Top of the art player housing  So I don't have to live in a suburban shithole because it's the only thing my paycheck will support?

Mini games  You mean MMOs?

It can't be more immersive than it is.  Because defecating and venereal diseases are definitely hi-fidelity experiences.

The stakes are higher and the loot is far more enjoyable.  Except the house always wins, meaning someone has to lose.  Chances are it's you.  Your kid's college fund wasn't that important anyway.

One server supporting billions of players.  You'll be praying for some redundancy when the next 15km asteroid slams into the earth at 20km/s.  We're overdue, by the way.

It will be around and running until your character dies.  At which point, it's as useless as tits on a bull to me.

The attitude in "trade chat" is far different and mature since everyone knows your identity.  I'll make sure the drug dealer down the street knows that, the next time he smacks his junkie girlfriend around.

Oh and yea it's SANDBOX not themepark. Player driven economy, quests, etc.  Because I live to pick up my boss's drycleaning.

The amount of players who are bored, unhappy and quitting it is below 0.1% (thats the suicide rate)  Care to take a shot at the bored and unhappy rate there, sport?

The endgame is still evolving. So many technologies, innovations and worlds unknown out there.  And in your short lifespan, you'll only see the smallest fraction of them.... if you're lucky.

Most refuse to believe that real life is a "game" cuz thats how addicted and fooled are by its reality and complexity.  Way too existential for me.

0 BUGS  I'll never have to fill out another warranty card again!

Animations are perfect.  Perfectly rendered, but I could still do without seeing the 300lb chick in the string bikini, playing volleyball on the beach again.  Maybe it's too perfect.

Combat involves FAR FAR more skills and gear also do matter a lot.  Which mean few are going to be doing it.  Mostly just the under-educated with little in terms of future prospects.  But I hear they skill up fast.

You can do anything you want well if your intelligent enough and at least once in your lifetime.  A mulitude of intelligent people want to see the Earth from orbit.  Only the tiniest fraction ever will.  They're obviously just not trying hard enough.

No LAG, DISCONNECTS  Does that mean no more rush hour traffic?  Because I swear, time seems to slow down when your stopped dead on a freeway.  Maybe it's just me.

No BOTS, HACKS, CHEATS, EXPLOITS  So you'll give me half of your uncle's fortune, that's right now being held in a bank in Kenya, and all I need to do is wire transfer you $10,000?  Fuck it, where do I sign!!

And there are 554324 of other features I could add here that make real life far more superior MMORPG than any of these hundreds of MMORPG's that been coming out over the last decade that refused to even add one of  those features that I named above.

Tell yourself whatever you need to, in order to sleep at night.  But don't try to sell me reality like a used car dealer.

Props to UO and SWG-Pre CU who at least had SOME of those features back like PLAYER housing and player economy.

OK.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Character creation sucks! You don't get to pick anything. Also, who thought the pooping feature was a good idea?

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570
    Originally posted by Kaerigan

Character creation sucks! You don't get to pick anything. Also, who thought the pooping feature was a good idea?

OMFG lmao

I love snails.
    I love every kinda snail.
    I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
    Cant hug every snail.

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137

Race choices 0/10.  Only one, human.  Being another species is possible, but they lack ability to post on internet forums and purchase mounts and housing among other things.   Also are usually being hunted/killed/abused by said humans.

Character Creation 0/10.  No control over initial appearance of character.  Very poor design.

Character naming policy 0/10.  You are stuck with the name someone else picks for you until you are able to pay for a name change.

Mount/housing upkeep costs. 0/10.   IMO too much

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by Belarion

OMFG lmao

Oh god, I spat my drink everywhere.  Too funny.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Pugs sucks balls, always idiots joining.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

ROTFLMAO

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

Too many friends have quit playing.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Robokapp

how's the grind? does it support casual play?

You spend almost a third of your play time doing mindless and repetitive activities, in order to finance the remaining 2/3's.  We call it "work", but it goes by many other labels. 

Another third of your play time is effectively wasted...but it may become some of your favorite play hours, as you grow older.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

If you don't LARP, then RL is nothing more than a second job + downtime. Fucking boring.

I don't recommend it.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156

stupid thread is stupid.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I dont like the aesthetics of this game.  And geez look at how annoying it is when people get lucky rolls when creating chars???  Srsly! The char creator sucks.  Its randomly generated and you cant even change most of it unless you pay a ton of money and even still theres a chance to fail and kill you/ruin your char!

This game sucks. Also, who designed these maps?  No quest hubs or anything! And look at all the anti social people going around! Not even saying hi and there is no general chat AT ALL! Just whispers!

And everything is in the cash shop and super expensive! -.-  You either have to grind a lot or get lucky with rolling your char!

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I don´t like the monthly fees, too high.

But it do have nice graphics. :)

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

No magic system, and I can't make my character skinny witihout grinding. Everything is cash shop.

Also, player base sucks and open PvP is a gank fest.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

Yup Life is a game and i am pretty good at it :P

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Seriously lacking convininces

Travel is far too slow, no quick travel.

Inventory management can take days.

Auction house system is overly complicated and unintuitive.

Skill progression could be faster...