Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games that should be remade in the 21 st Century

xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

So this post if for you all to share your view in wich games should be remade in this year or the next ones.

For me personally i have quite a list but ill show  you my favourite ones.

Grim Fandango

Carmageddon - already being made thank god ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation?ref=live )

Police Quest 

Simcopter

Die by the Sword

Interstate 76

Dungeon Keeper

Black & White

Leisure Suit Larry - being remade ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leisuresuitlarry/make-leisure-suit-larry-come-again?ref=live )

Constructor

Mob Rule

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Homeworld

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

any ultima game

including ultima online i suppose

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Homeworld

Homeworld is one of the few space genres i loved and i hate spaceship stuff :P

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Nothing should ever be remade, as they were perfect the first time.  This goes for games and movies.

• DutchezzDutchezz Member Posts: 2

Dark Ages of Camelot.

Planetside.

To name a  few..

Originally posted by Alders

Nothing should ever be remade, as they were perfect the first time.  This goes for games and movies.

Remade with better enhanced graphics.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

how about updated to a nice new graphics engine hehe :)

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283

I wouldn't mind seeing graphically enhanced versions of the Rogue Squadron series (except RS3) and Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I was looking forward to Baldur's Gate II Enhanced until I heard that the music is being redone, which makes me nervous. I really liked the original soundtrack.

For the hell of it, I wouldn't mind graphically enhanced versions of the Hexen series, too. I was pretty young when I played those games, but some good memories there.

• KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127

I'd Like to see the rebirth  of EnB image

o.O

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517

Phantasy star series from one thru four

shining force series

Xenogears with alot of the missing game parts from the later cds, gears, and such

same with Legend of dragoon

legend of legia

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615

I hope remakes are not only about graphics because some UI's of older games are terrible (the BG "stat sheet" tiny little scrollable window.. for one example)

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

FF7

Ultima

cod game whit cod4 mechanism

Some oldie games are being remade i heard Leisure Suit Larry is being remade , some of them can be found in 

http://www.kickstarter.com/

• FinnMcCoolFinnMcCool Member Posts: 34

Any early Rainbow Six game Raven Shield was the last good one - with the mission planning and none of that stupid 3rd person ducking behind a crate nonsense.

Interstate 76

Syndicate

they would all make me very happy

Originally posted by FinnMcCool

Any early Rainbow Six game Raven Shield was the last good one - with the mission planning and none of that stupid 3rd person ducking behind a crate nonsense.

Interstate 76

Syndicate

they would all make me very happy

they already made syndicate but in 3rd person

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Id love a Final Fantasy 1 or 7 full remake with voice actors and everything :)

But thats asking alot.

I have always though that a final fantasy mmo based in the same setting as from ff7 would have been great, but would have been needed to take place prior to even the events of 7 or such. The idea that you only have access to what what ever is in the materia you are wielding in your gear, and weapon just honestly always sounded like a great system for a mmo. Add in the combination and limit breaking system and you could do so much with it.

Originally posted by Asuran24

I have always though that a final fantasy mmo based in the same setting as from ff7 would have been great, but would have been needed to take place prior to even the events of 7 or such. The idea that you only have access to what what ever is in the materia you are wielding in your gear, and weapon just honestly always sounded like a great system for a mmo. Add in the combination and limit breaking system and you could do so much with it. If you get rid of the master materia you could make it very dependent on what you choose, and also the summons might go more as a pet kind of style almost too.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

pong but make it fully 3d   :)  that would be wild

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• CrisazgoCrisazgo Member Posts: 42

Herzog Zwei

Metal Marines

As someone else suggested dark age of camelot. That game is dieing for new ui and new engine. The core gameplay is there already just keep it and remake.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Originally posted by xenpt

I still don't agree with that.  It's like taking a classic and adding in extra CGI 20 years later.  Where have we seen that before...

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by xenpt

if its remade the exact same game with the same magnitud and caliber only with better graphics i would love to see the following:

Treasure of the Rudras

Romancing Saga 3

Ultima Online

DAOC

Zelda a link to the past

Zelda, the adventures of link (the one with the golden cartridge)

Any 2D metroid (remade with new graphics while still remaining as a side scroller)

Contra for NES (same thing as metroid)

Castlevania simon's quest (same thing as metroid and Contra.... new graphics but still side scroller)

Chrono trigger

Final Fantasy 2, 6 and 7

im sure i have a lot more but cant think of em now. BUT!!!!!!! if they were to be remade, i WANT every single feature and storyline to remain intact..... i want the exact same game and size or even bigger with just better graphics. If the devs are going to start making excuses to remove certain features and make the game more dumbed down and less open world with more cinematics than gameplay then i dont want a remake.

• spadge3k00spadge3k00 Member Posts: 56

i speak for most ppl, FF7 lol

• SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Member Posts: 183

I'm still holding out for a great 3D megaman.

#TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Starflight and Starflight 2: Trade Routes of the Cloud Nebula.

All of the Wing Commander series or a whole new game set in that IP.

Master of Orion.

A 1st or 3rd person 3D Pitfall game could be interesting as well.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }