Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's play together!

124»

Comments

• Josh007CLJosh007CL Member CommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by Jenosyde

i voted for EQ2. would be cool if the group was to stop at each lvl cap ex. 50 run the group content (endgame) then 60 do the same and so on. that way people would full enjoy all the content that has been released with this game. i also agree with an above poster to pick a random server and all level new characters. this stopping at 50 to clear old content before moving on would promote this.

edit... im against VG till f2p

This is what I want to do if I start up EQ2 again. I want to enjoy all that old content that no one does anymore. It probably isn't as hard now, but there is a lot of cool stuff to see.

• coldandnumbcoldandnumb Member CommonPosts: 90

Has anything been decided in terms of a game yet. I would like to know if there is still the intent of actually going through with this or not? It seems to me there is really not much agreement about much of anything so far. I'm just curious if I should plan for this group going anywhere or not.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by coldandnumb

Has anything been decided in terms of a game yet. I would like to know if there is still the intent of actually going through with this or not? It seems to me there is really not much agreement about much of anything so far. I'm just curious if I should plan for this group going anywhere or not.

Indeed.

May I add, though VG is winning in terms of votes, it dosen't go F2P for a while, and FFXIV 2.0 is still pretty far off...

EQ2 seems the natural choice right now. It's both F2P now, so it's accessible to all, and it's a strong group game.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

EQ2 or Vanguard f2p

im on freeport server but willing to reroll on any server in EQ2

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

I would go for the VG F2P

• largrettalargretta Member UncommonPosts: 12

i vote for EQ2 and then maybe VG when it goes free to play, so atleast we have something to play for the mean time n not just sit around doin nothing. This way we can get a feel for eachother and get to know one another.

PS: I wanna be one of the healers =3

• KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322
    I will throw my hat in for Vanguard. I plan to return after it goes f2p anyway, and I like the idea of grouping for fun and not to rush to "end game".
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

The Poll should now be dominated by GW2

28th August baby!! yeah

So What Now?

Originally posted by TweFoju

The Poll should now be dominated by GW2

28th August baby!! yeah

yeah, it does kinda make sense.

Though it looks like this has well and truley fizzed out, which is a shame.

Better to have found out that it had no staying power now though I guess rather then later.

Originally posted by peebee929

I would go for the VG F2P

I like VG, but have to say, given the choice for the future, I would choose SE and FFXIV over this game any day now.

One dev launches a broken game and proceeds to run it on life support and milk it for years. And then throws a cash shop on top of it.

The other launches a broken game and then apologises, removes all play costs, and then redevelops it into a better product for a re-launch.

I know which one gets my money.

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

I'd be very interested in joining this.

EQ2 and VG both seem solid titles to try out but I'd be open to most games.

I would like the game to have a free trial or be F2P, exception being EVE but I doubt that'll end up being the choice. This includes GW2 which I will not play at launch, so if most of the group goes for that game or plans on switching over when the game comes out I'll probably won't be joining you. I also have a dislike for more asian art styles but I'll play along if the group and gameplay is good.

If needed I'd be willing and able to function as an officer for the EU part of the group.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Hmm, it seems as though the OP just went poof.

• BadnessoBadnesso Member Posts: 19
    Asherons Call or Everquest 2
  • EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

I'm always up for something like this, and there have been a few attempts at mmorpg.com before, with varying results. But I have enjoyed my time each time, and the cocept is fantastic. And there is usually a very good turnout whenever someone mentions this idea. We just need a strong leader and clear goals, so we avoid the potential traps along the way. 

Vanguard would by my choice, but the game doesn't matter as much as the people. So whatever you chose I'm most likely in. The game has gotten a decent amount of attention and patches lately, so I don't think it's fair to base it on the last few years. But lets wait and see for the f2p launch to make a conclusion. But I'm mrope optimistic than I have been for years. I sub on and off all the time, with f2p I can justify having the game on my computer all year. 

Another honorable mention have to be Istaria.

• spurlock999spurlock999 Member Posts: 19

This is precisely what happens almost every single time this crops up on the forums.  Someone will come along very gung-ho about starting a new game with a bunch of people and either 1) The OP will disappear after a week or two or 2) People will get into the game and play for a couple days (possibly weeks) before it fizzles out as people slowly stop playing.  

This idea is always really great in theory, but in the end 95% of the people who say they will play either never do or play so rarely that it defeats the entire purpose of creating the group in the first place. 

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

True enough. The main problem imo, is that a strong leader is needed. I'm fairly sure there are quite a few people like me out there, who would embrace an idea like this. We just need one to take control, to make the decision and set out our goals. A damn shame the poster left.

• doyomasterdoyomaster Member Posts: 25

Biggest issue I saw with this one was nobody could agree on a game to play. That's always a common issue too. I run into this a lot with my RL friends. Only time we can agree on a game is right when a new one releases... and after a month or two, we usually go our separate ways again.

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

I'm the OP.. and that's exactly it. I sifted through all the pages trying to figure out how one would do it, and really it would have boiled down to me or whoever picking a game and hoping other people would want to follow suit. I personally wasn't a big fan of some of the games being voted for the most.. and like probably others, didn't know how to do this where it would attract everybody. At this time I'm contemplating FFXIV as I've played just about everything else ad nauseum.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• ricsi046ricsi046 Member UncommonPosts: 34

i would join a team to play an mmo,but my pc is a bit old and i don't play p2p games.

• spurlock999spurlock999 Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by doyomaster

Biggest issue I saw with this one was nobody could agree on a game to play. That's always a common issue too. I run into this a lot with my RL friends. Only time we can agree on a game is right when a new one releases... and after a month or two, we usually go our separate ways again.

Which is why you don't start these things by making a poll asking people what they want to play.  You say which game you are starting and people who are interested in that game will post/play.  Plus, it means the person leading it will be playing a game they WANT to play. 

• XoshuaXoshua Member Posts: 127
    I just maxxed out on the secret world. I'm sick of solo games, feels to easy and not rewarding enough. I would be very interested in vg or eq2!

Time to fix this genre.

• xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

Im up for VG again, just need a bunch of people to play thats all.

When it gets F2P there will be a wave of new people what will make the game feel more alive.

• Josh007CLJosh007CL Member CommonPosts: 38

Vanguard has now gone free to play. I think it's early f2p if you have an account, then everyone next week... not sure.

So anyone still monitoring this want to start playing vanguard?