Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how has gw2 not hit over 9.0 on mmorpg.com

Comments

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

Hype meter is totally subjective and can be easily manipulated. Remember all the weeks Atlantica Online was at the top?

Wouldn't get too caught up in it.

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

it really is awesome but not perfect,

but compared to other games that are out right now it really deserves a 10.

I am sure Anet will make it 10 (even 11 :o) after launch, the game has so much potential.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

It did rech over 9.0 at one point in time.  Think the highest I saw it was at 9.2 or 9.3.

• Considering it's not even a sandbox, GW2 has a pretty outstanding hype rating here.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by StriderXed

pretty sure it would have been a 9.0 if it were a sandbox, or had "true" open world pvp as some would say.

Apart from WvWvW, one cannot argue that this game has open world pvp. Open world pvp is one of the best end game someone can ask, imo as well as others. GW2 unfrotunately does not have open world pvp and thats a bummer.

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by xalvi

pretty sure it would have been a 9.0 if it were a sandbox, or had "true" open world pvp as some would say.

Apart from WvWvW, one cannot argue that this game has open world pvp. Open world pvp is one of the best end game someone can ask, imo as well as others. GW2 unfrotunately does not have open world pvp and thats a bummer.

Esport potential > Open world PvP, for end game.

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275
    Originally posted by antshock35

I have been watching gw2 sit at 8.78 for like 3months on mmorpg most popular coming games and in number one position for eva(sand lot imitation there) . How has it not hit 9.0 or above lol....its rigged i tell you..just kidding think its my add kicking in.I joke but weather gw2 is the best game ever or worst flop in history ,besides swtor or wow I can't remb a mmo so highly anticaptated in recent memory. Come on mmorpg you know tht number should be more then 8.78......

Yes stupid thread but it was killing me for weeks not seeing tht number rise .....sorry to bring down everyones iq on this thread.

I agree 100%. This is a stupid thread. Oh and, .... .... .... just in case.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by Sebber

Perhaps they will add open world pvp after launch, the potential is great with this game so im not so worried....yet 

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

I have been watching gw2 sit at 8.78 for like 3months on mmorpg most popular coming games and in number one position for eva(sand lot imitation there) . How has it not hit 9.0 or above lol....its rigged i tell you..just kidding think its my add kicking in.I joke but weather gw2 is the best game ever or worst flop in history ,besides swtor or wow I can't remb a mmo so highly anticaptated in recent memory. Come on mmorpg you know tht number should be more then 8.78......Yes stupid thread but it was killing me for weeks not seeing tht number rise .....sorry to bring down everyones iq on this thread.

Well, it's like a 9.25 to me personally, but since I never provide any input my feelings will never be reflected here. I also think after the past few years of hyped games turning out to be less than awesome, lots of people are just sick of hype and the disappointment it often brings

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

Perhaps they will add open world pvp after launch, the potential is great with this game so im not so worried....yet 

It would not be possible, knowing that most DEs require teamwork to be completed. In open world pvp, the only teamwork is ganking other players.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Just remember some of my real life friends and WoW trolls are already bashing GW2 without playing it, so that number means nothing just let ANET make a good game we could enjoy

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

again this? no, you will NEVER gonna have a open world PvP on GW2. arenanet already said this

Originally posted by pedrostrik

Just remember some of my real life friends and WoW trolls are already bashing GW2 without playing it, so that number means nothing just let ANET make a good game we could enjoy

i bet they say is just a mediocre WoW clone right?  

PS: tugas estao em todo o lado xD

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

Pretty sure the reason why it's not above 9 is because people vote it a zero or a ten,  hardly ever anything in between. So it's just a ratio of people who like the game versus people who feel the need to give it a zero for some reason.

8.78 on MMORPG.com after beta means a game that is essentially perfection. Even ToR, which was hyped into OBLIVION by EA, dropped to just over 8 after the beta when the backlash began. GW2 remained rock steady after the beta, meaning that the same proportion of 'haters' to 'fanboys' is still occuring.

I see it being a 95+ metacritic game though. Well, it definitely will be if they scale reviews properly (ToR got 8-9 in most places, despite being nowhere near as objectively [technically] good, never mind subjective), but i suppose NCSoft doesn't pay off as many sites, so we'll see :D

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by ComfyChair

Pretty sure the reason why it's not above 9 is because people vote it a zero or a ten,  hardly ever anything in between. So it's just a ratio of people who like the game versus people who feel the need to give it a zero for some reason.

While I don't totally disagree with your reasoning, I have a hard time admittting there are 70% of people out there who would give a "10" to Mortal Online. That would just prove that 70% of the people posting here are complete idiots with no idea of what a quality game is. Because for me, a 7/10 game is already a good AAA game, not a bugged pile of unbalanced crap made by amateurs.

7/10 is what I'd give to TSW or SW:TOR. Not failures like Mortal.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• kafka1984kafka1984 Member Posts: 83
    I think the level of immersion of my real life probably rates at 9.5.

Roll the Dice

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Originally posted by ChromeBallz

Originally posted by StriderXed pretty sure it would have been a 9.0 if it were a sandbox, or had "true" open world pvp as some would say.
      Don't know ...I just can't remb a mmo besides swtor that was as anticpated as this you think it rate better.......I have knowe idea why tht bugs me it just does ...I think maybe I should take some anger management classes lmao

WoW, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Darkfall, to name just a few where the hypetrain was massive way before the game came out.

That, and GW2 doesn't have that big of a hype. Almost everyone who's looking forward to GW2 is playing or has played GW1 - I don't really know many people outside of that sphere who are that hyped for that game. I certainly am not. The only thing it has is pretty awesomely designed environments, otherwise it felt like yet another EQ derivative. A decent one, mind you, but derivative nonetheless.

Heh. As hyped as I am, I thought that too. Until the release date announcement was the second highest trend on Twitter only below the SCOTUS decision on the ACA. And that, frankly, blew my mind with awesomeness ^ ^

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

well as already told if it was true sandbox it would hit easily 9

its also good about its community, cause it shows that there are thinkers and not so much fanboys, even me i wait with great anticipitaion that game, but i am not waiting to save my life !  i just wait for something really good to spend my free time ...

but anyway i dunno how this forum works with its ratings, i cant vote for example..

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by loulaki

If it was true sandbox it wouldn't have most of its defining features that gave is a 8,78 in the first place.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

There are too many turds that put 0 just because they are well... turds.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by seridan
    Originally posted by loulaki

If it was true sandbox it wouldn't have most of its defining features that gave is a 8,78 in the first place.

if you mean its casual characteristics they can easily exist and in one sandbox game ...

if it had the movement style of RaiderZ(its a mix of TERA and GW2 for those who dont know)  and the open world characteristics of EVEonline(with the 3 orders fighting each other and the WvW features inside the PvE content and the fight betweeen the guilds), and kept all these features with the dynamic world, the skill system, the visuals, the personall stories, etc the game it would be boosted to hell!

who cares abouth the score, GW2 is almost pass SWTOR on 1 years on hits on MMORPG and the game is almos 2 months away from release.

this show how  much people are excited about GW2

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

I have been watching gw2 sit at 8.78 for like 3months on mmorpg most popular coming games and in number one position for eva(sand lot imitation there) . How has it not hit 9.0 or above lol....its rigged i tell you..just kidding think its my add kicking in.I joke but weather gw2 is the best game ever or worst flop in history ,besides swtor or wow I can't remb a mmo so highly anticaptated in recent memory. Come on mmorpg you know tht number should be more then 8.78......

Yes stupid thread but it was killing me for weeks not seeing tht number rise .....sorry to bring down everyones iq on this thread.

its being raise litetr by litter but still #1,im kk whit that no game have reach the 8.7 other than gw2 for years  that say alot.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Hype meter here is a funny thing. it's the reviews from unbiased long time gamers I like to read.regardless those that enjoy the way GW2 was designed and it's features will be the true judges not me or people that could care less about it.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Let's be fair:

1)  We MMO'ers and more specifically MMORPG.com'ers are very jaded after the recent MMO launches.  Fanboys come, fanboys go.  Haters always hate.

2)  High 8's is really good.  Getting a 9.  That should be spectacular.  But it's not.  It's a good/decent game but it is not a 10 in MANY peoples minds.

I never understood on a scale of 1-10 how people look at an 8 and sneer derisively.  8 is pretty damned good.  9 is darned near perfection and you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER see a 10.  10 is the best most awesomely epic game, zero bugs, zero snags, complete immersion.

I can awnser your "never understood" part. Its called Metacritic and a bunch of shill game media sites being paid for good reviews. They can claim they dont get paid all they want, the smarter of us out there know better.  People have lost thier jobs for giving games poor reviews after being told to give it a good one. When you are payed to give no less than an 8-10 you get a ton of 9-10's and the games turn out to be 6-7's at best. At least SOME of us remember when the number grade scale was actually something to look at. Now you can look at it and see who got paid more.