Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

when will planetside 2 go into open beta

genjamie1genjamie1 Member Posts: 56

when will planetside 2 go into closed beta

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by genjamie1

Any answer is a guess, but I'd guess this month ... probably ... hopefully.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• SnipefragSnipefrag Member Posts: 17

My guess is 1-2 weeks closed, open in 4-6 weeks.. but might be a lot longer, no one knows. They have 1 continent pretty much finished, the second is pretty close but the third is still in progress.. So they have a lot of work still to do for sure.

• joe2119joe2119 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Originally posted by Snipefrag

My guess is 1-2 weeks closed, open in 4-6 weeks.. but might be a lot longer, no one knows. They have 1 continent pretty much finished, the second is pretty close but the third is still in progress.. So they have a lot of work still to do for sure.

Many "F2P" games "launch" (as in start accepting anyone and allowing transactions) even before they are done (they still call it beta though, ha). This could be the case with PS2, but SoE is usually a bit more....professional?

I would imagine closed beta starts when the free month of PS1 is over, if they're smart that is. It seems silly that they would make all this massive hype this month on FB and Twitter and give PS1 players free time to hype them up about PS2 just to have them wait several more months before letting them into closed beta and letting the hype die down.

So i would put my money on late July, early August for closed beta.

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

all i know is i got a beta code from pcgame suppposed to guarentee access to beta, havnt had an invite for it yet. I would imagine that will be awhile untill full open beta starts

• NinjaGazNinjaGaz Member UncommonPosts: 53

From what I read, the next step is a technical beta - they've already sent out emails asking people about their computers.

That's to test compatibility, etc.

Then there'll be the closed beta from the keys. I'm not sure that they'll provide an open beta as they've sent out a hell of a lot of keys!

No date's specified, but I have a feeling that they will at least announce the technical beta this month.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by NinjaGaz

From what I read, the next step is a technical beta - they've already sent out emails asking people about their computers.

That's to test compatibility, etc.

Then there'll be the closed beta from the keys. I'm not sure that they'll provide an open beta as they've sent out a hell of a lot of keys!

No date's specified, but I have a feeling that they will at least announce the technical beta this month.

Next month CBT begins....http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/356879/Planetside-2-Command-Center-Episode-1-Beta-Annoucments.html

• TheBicBirdTheBicBird Member Posts: 8

Closed beta starts today.