Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perfect World International: Catching Up with PWI

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World International is the flagship MMO from Perfect World Entertainment. It's been around awhile but that doesn't mean the dev team isn't working constantly to keep the game fresh and interesting. We caught up with Product Manager Tony Liu to find out all that's new with PWI. See what we discovered!

MMORPG: Can you give us a status of Perfect World International? How has the game been in recent months?

Tony Liu: PWI’s been going strong. In the past four months we released the Descent expansion as well as a major content update (Imperial Fury). These two additions to the game really focused on giving our veterans even more awesome end-game content. It was a nice way to round things out following last year’s Genesis expansion, which focused more on content for newer players with the introduction of a new race and starting zone.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Perfect World International: Catching Up with PWI.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• daniel13333daniel13333 Member Posts: 1

All this is is an advert for the game. Most of the high levels have left, people are having to charge people to run instances, the game ecomomy sucks as you cant afford Potions to stay alive or replenish Magic Points. The game as a whole is soley designed for you to put money on the game although its suppose to be free to play. Like any other game like this "Free to play, Pay to get anywhere decent" otherwise it takes you years to get decent stuff, and for people that do put money in the game it doesnt stretch anywhere as like i say the enconomy is soo bad that people are charging the ends of the earth just to get something that is half decent. All people that are in the game seem to be complaining on "World Chat" The game has been designed so that you have to be in parties for all the high level instances and "Bounty hunter Quests" but hardly anyone plays any more so you could be there all day and not get done what you set out to do 5 hours ago. when you have been playing the game as long as i have, the game gets boring having to do the same day in day out and it gets tiring, they say that last year they put in a new patch and a new class. well they did that but what they didnt tell you is that around level 23-24 your doing the same quests as every other class have done and the other 7 alts you have created becuase you got bored with playing a character that takes a month just to get another level up.

• yangdudeyangdude Member UncommonPosts: 72

I wonder if you guys at MMORPG.COM could ask Tony Liu to check out the PWI forums or perhaps come and play the game for a few hours.  There are still a lot of long-term players in PWI and we stay for a couple reasons 1/- there is great POTENTIAL in the game; 2/-we are waiting for GW2 :);  As a whole we believe the developers have no idea what is going on in PWI at the moment and base all their decisions on the Chinese game. 

PWI is a massive map of intricate, complex, variety and beautiful design.  Unfortunately the whole map bar a couple spots is empty.  I have played for nearly 3 years now and you can join today, put in a couple thousand cash and in two weeks you can one-shot me with your new R9 gears.  And yes many people have done this.

Tony says "it pays off to listen to the community"  There is already a thread on the PWI forums flaming this comment.  Players post very good suggestions, and many of them, and yet very little has changed in the game for a long time.

PVE - PVE is dead.  I still quest and get out-and-about a bit, and I never see other players in the map - and I really mean never.   PWI instigated a couple of pwr levelling options some time back - namely the aforementioned Bounty Hunter - very rarely done now, why - Frost Covered grounds.  A few minutes with an OP selling FC gives you 5 times what an hour of BH will give you, which in turn is more than a month of questing will give you.  PVE is soooo dead.  Many suggestions have been made about increasing quest rewards to get players out in the map but nothing is done.

PVP - dead.  TW dead.  There have been many calls from the communtiy to FIX the broken PVP arena but nothing.  There have been many calls to change the TW maps.  Possibly after all these years a TW change is coming - this is the potential we are hanging out for.  Most of us cant PVP because the aforementioned R9 - rank 9 - one shot everybody.

I think daniel13333 is only partially corrrect  Yes many high levels have left, but honestly after the new AEU update mentioned by Tony Liu above a few have come back.  This was content that only affects those 100+ so the rest of us get nothing. 

It really is now a pay-2-win game.  I dont mind, that keeps it free for the rest of us, but I will never get within a mile of the op's with their bought gears.

Tony Liu please go and read the forums/suggestion box at pwi, there are many small things you could do to satisfy your player base.  To MMORPG.COM, it is counter-intuitive to the integrity of this game site to run a interview/commercial like this.    As I said, PWI has potential to go back to its popularity of 2009/2010 but any people reading your interview and joining today would be very disallusioned and disappointed and likely quit within a week.

• dragoon1213dragoon1213 Member Posts: 1

I feel the economy of this game has gone down majorly those who can burn 1500 bucks can be great while most of us who have a real life cant afford to get to a decent sustaing level. These ppl continue to get richer in game but the rest of us have to do what we can just to buy the potions we need just to get through the day i havent done a bounty hunt quest in months for this reason which makes things worse and normal quest and grinding dont payoff there is no real balance for the majority of us most ppl cant afford to go into Territory wars and make the money. Most ppl in game feel that PWI wants more money and the way things continue to go i couldnt agree more adding more content will not fix this.  Get back to the basics fix it and bring more balance to the game a level 99 monster that took u 20 minutes to kill shouldnt drop the same amount of coin that a level 20 monster drops im not saying it should drop 100k coins but a fair system would make more worth while or even offer a better reward for high level quests normal quests based on the level not i see the same reward for killing 80 level 90 monsters as killing 50 level spending hours killing mobs for 10k coin at level 100 is pittence. i just would like to see  more equal balance to the game  before it loses even more players.

I seriously wonder if anyone will be left in the game after August 28 now that the GW2 release date is announced.  I know I wont be - at least for a while.  PWI really needs to do something to counter act this.  But as we are all aware - in-game it feels like all promotions and sales are a desperate attempt to get coin before GW2 comes along.

• shogenshogen Member Posts: 1

pwi = failure full stop

the community was amazing but now there is no reason to play cause everything has gone to shit on that game

I already knew this game was going to shit when they made General Summers Sword a limited Item i mean wtf man...

• TremblewithTremblewith Member Posts: 1

What an absolute joke of an article. Where shall I start? This game was a great game. The company behind it started force-feeding levels, gear, and items in packs. After this, they allowed glitches and bugs to run rampant on every server for over a half a year, allowing players to reach level cap (and all their alts as well). The result? They banned glitchers and innocent people (yes, people that did nothing wrong), for 4 hours, then unbanned them. The forums are moderarated with a hammer. If you go against the company at all, or bring in your suggestion - they will ban you right off the forums.

They decided this wasn't enough, though. I was banned from the forums for being "too negative". Seriously? The game is dying. PW-MY lost it's license, and Perfect World Vendetta has more people playing on their one server than PWI has on multiple.

They nerfed DQ drops, then they created a DQ point shop, then nerfed the DQ point shop. They have no customer service, and auto-ban/auto-response system set up for their tickets. They killed their live chat support. They stated they were watching gold prices in-game in 2009 when they were 300k a pop; now they are 2m a pop. They have introduced the maximum refining levels into the game, then pulled then 24 hours later stating "client instability". They remove any evidence against them on their forums. They have lied about features (Guild Base Wars), for expantions. They steal from players w/ their in-game glitches, and "zen" glitches.

Absolute worst gaming company on the western hemisphere. I wouldn't touch a game from them, even if a loaded gun was in my face.

• pwifailshardpwifailshard Member Posts: 4

Actual posts from PWI players in reguards to this totally bs interview. 

Today, 03:09 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mmorpg.com
    MMORPG: Can you tell us about one of the biggest lessons you have learned?
    Tony Liu: It always pays off to listen to the community.
    Not even going to say anything.
    Just leaving this here for everyone to see.

Today, 03:14 PM

We listen to the suggestion box? Really? I don't recall a GM posting there in over a year. SO if you are listening you could really do a better job of showing it.

Today, 03:17 PM

I laughed my arse off.
    For a moment there I htought it was april the 1st, then I remembered it's PWI, not a joke. 

Today, 03:23 PM

im wondering how long is this thread going to be open...i feel a lot of flaming coming XD

Today, 03:50 PM

soooo is it oppisite day or are their heads so far up their that they think ther listening to us cus from what they have been doing it doesnt seem so

Today, 04:57 PM

Not even going to bother flaming. Just have to say that it's the biggest heap of rubbish and lies I've ever read. That is all.
    Also, why do I get the impression frankie purposely stickied this for us all to see? Perhaps hoping for a flame storm and something to send to the devs to show how the community really feels. Idk, seems a little too deliberate, knowing how obvious it is we'd react badly.

Today, 05:03 PM

Quote:
    Tony Liu: From a PvE standpoint, the most popular aspect among players is our "Bounty Hunter" quest line. This daily quest finds players grouping up to take down bosses whose difficulties correspond to the players’ levels. The rewards for completing these challenges are hefty amounts of EXP and, for higher level players, powerful items as well.

Ah yes, the all powerful mysterious chips and socket stones.

Quote:
    As for something we wish we could do more of, it would be great if we could have more non-faction related PvP systems.

No. What you need is a more balanced PvP system. Look at GW/*** PvP and learn.

Quote:
    Tony Liu: It always pays off to listen to the community. PWI players have been specifically asking for more end-game content, so that’s what we delivered with the Imperial Fury update.

That’s also why our community team is always keeping an eye on our forum, keeping track of everything from suggestions and requests to bug reports, and working closely with players to run exciting in-game events.

Listen to the community? How about Goon Glitch abusers?

Quote:
    Tony Liu: Lunar Glade and Warsong City are two of the most beloved high level dungeons in the game,

No. FF and Nirvana are.

Who is this Tony Liu guy? Apparently he have absolutely no idea what is really going on in the game and the forums.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)

Today, 05:21 PM

Have to agree... that interview was absolutely hilarious in the way it highlighted just how clueless the devs really are about the true state of the game.
    Obviously it was a PR moment for PWE but they made the mistake of allowing comments at the end of the interview. Posters there have already started to rip the whole thing to shreds.

Today, 05:26 PM

Frankie please tell me they were talking about the chinese version and not the PWI version xD

Cause if that guy is from PWE, you guys must of sent a new guy who you just hired for this purpose who has no knowledge of the game besides what was written down on que cards for them to read.

If it's the chinese version: ROFL.

If it's our version: *dies of laughter*

Today, 07:50 PM

IF this was 2008, then there would be SOME truth to that.

This, however, is 2012, and guess what?
    Obvious part is obvious. >_>

Today, 08:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear 

Originally Posted by mmorpg.com
    Tony Liu: It always pays off to listen to the community.
    Not even going to say anything.
    Just leaving this here for everyone to see.
    That and this one are my favorites
    "Tony Liu: Lunar Glade and Warsong City are two of the most beloved high level dungeons in the game"
    They don't get out much do they.

More from actual players and mods about PWI

04-16-2012, 04:49 PM

Hey all,

As you many of you know, there was a major glitch last year that allowed players to level up much more quickly than was normally possible. It involved performing certain abilities on one of the Frostcovered City bosses, which caused it to spawn hundreds of minibosses instead of just two, which was the normal amount spawned.
    Although it was immediately deemed a bannable offense, as it violated term 11(k) of our Terms of Service, many players continued to exploit this glitch throughout the four months that it existed on our servers.
    Today, the very worst offenders of this glitch exploitation have been given a temporary ban on their characters. They have also been removed from the PWI Rankings Page. While the case has been made that more people should have been banned, and permanently, for their transgressions, the fact is that we at PWE must take some of the blame for the glitch existing for as long as it did (4 months). For this reason we will not be banning anyone permanently for taking part in the exploitation.
    We apologize for the glitch lasting as long as it did, and for the amount of time it took to take action against those who took advantage of it. The state of PWI is very important to us, and we thank you for your patience and support as we do what we can to keep the game running as smoothly as possible.

-The PWI Team
    [Update 4-18-2012]

Upon receiving tickets from many of the banned accounts and investigating further, our GM's have decided that our tracking methods for recognizing the "worst offenders" were likely inaccurate. Whether these banned folks truly glitched more than anybody else is a statement that we do not feel comfortable supporting any longer, so we've decided to err on the side of caution and release all of these characters from their temp bans.
    The truth of the matter is that our tracking tools for recognizing glitchers have been limited from the start, and this problem, compounded with the fact that it took four months to modify the FC boss, meant that we could not effectively enforce the rule in this situation.

To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

04-16-2012, 05:12 PM

This shouldn't have taken as long as it did. Not the glitch being poorly taken care of, not the (lack of) communication and response, not the banning of the worse (and all) offenders. This should have been dealt far more professionally not only to serve as an example for the community but for the community to regain its trust in the company.

At this point, no action would have been better than temporarily banning people who have exploited a glitch despite the TOS stating that doing so is a bannable offense that may result in an account termination.
    Is it the company's fault for not taking care of it sooner, or better yet, more efficiently? Yes. Should the people who exploited the glitch suffer a lighter punishment for it? No.
    The truth is the community has been punished as a whole. Instead of properly fixing the glitch in a timely manner, the goonz exp was nerfed, and is still nerfed because the glitch has yet to be fixed at all.
    Personally, I still have no idea how to glitch the goon boss and there are many others who have no idea. Truthfully, from what I've gathered, many won't be able to glitch it successfully without having their characters die repeatedly.
    So banning the people that glitched it temporarily is an insult to the whole community.
    Instead, fix the glitch. Bring the instance back to normality, and make the people that didn't abide to the ToS feel it where it really hurts. Otherwise, they'll be back in a matter of a few days boasting that they've glitched without any consequences, and guess what, they'll still be 105 (or any other level they've reached to using the glitch).
    I'm throughly disappointed.

04-16-2012, 05:17 PM

It's official! This game is run by complete idiots.
    I won't deny that seeing friends and acquaintances getting perma banned would suck majorly, but cheating should never be tolerated in online games. Slapping people on the wrist for abusing a glitch that did actually give them an advantage is stupid. I've seen people get banned for a lot longer for doing a lot less. I sort of expected this outcome but was hoping they would surprise me and use the ban hammer instead of the feather.

Oh well! I already pre-purchased two of the games that shall not be named here and May 15th can't get here soon enough. 

07-01-2012, 02:15 PM
    I recently logged onto the harshlands server and noticed something peculiar, and found myself asking a question over and over again. "Where have all the low levels gone?!" I've came across but 10 people under level 70. Everyone else is level 80+ it seems. I feel like I'm playing a private server, these hyper stones have effectively killed the game in my opinion. Yes i can buy some and be like the 10,000 other level 100's, but where is the fun in that. I miss the game where it took weeks to reach level 60. Months to reach level 100. Is this only in the harshlands server, or are all the servers this depressing?

06-30-2012, 12:56 AM

I have not played for a couple years, but a few weeks ago i started a cleric. I am now in my 60s aoe grinding on poison mobs. My question is, was aoe grinding drops reduced? I might get 1 dq drop every 20 mobs, its pretty sad. This goes for both the 60 and 72 mobs. I heard that PW reduced aoe drops in Forsaken World. Did they do that here?

06-30-2012, 01:04 AM

the dev's make it really hard for non cash shoppers to make money in game.simple as that.

06-30-2012, 04:17 PM

I started playing again 2 months ago made a new assassin character got it to lvl 63. Gave up after repeatedly being ignored or told to wait for a few days in 2 different factions when it came to getting culti's or bosses done. My advice if you don't have good friends or find a really good guild that likes doing quests then the game is ok. But it seems like its all about hyper ,hyper ,hyper open cash shop gear up rank gear + 12 uber 1 hit kill weapons, and pvp outside arch. Oh and forget about the economy unless you're willing to invest lots of real money to play the market stay away from the auction house. its depressing to see whats been done to this game. I played the Malaysian version in 2007, closed beta for pwi in 08 and absolutely loved the game til they made my barb useless for anything but a buffbot.

My main char was Sinister people who played in 08 may remember my cleric

for more true state of the game visit the official forums http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com
  • fugoonersfugooners Member Posts: 1

For what it costs to have good gear in PWI (about $2000) you could :

- Play WoW for 12 years or;

- Buy 33 copies of Guild Wars 2 or;

- See 250 blockbuster movies or; 

- Buy a Car / Motorbike / Boat

Warning : Stay well clear of this game and the shoddy company that milks it.

Your welcome .

Something else interesting to note. We have been told time and again that there is a language barrier between PWE and PW CN by the community manager for PWE. He has used it as a means to lay blame on the developers for delays and screwups created by the PWE staff. Nice to see this come into light that it was a falsafication and that the devs do speak english.

• dopephatdopephat Member Posts: 2

Come on guys, he is a marketing/executive guy, we all know they "bend the truth" a little.  He's probably just trying to encourage new players to join up which would be a good thing for the dieing community in this game.

But yeah what the other folks said above is all true.  The game died for me a long time back.  In 2008 this was truely the best MMO I have ever played, awesome community feel, everyone working together, you could achieve stuff without paying to win.  Roll forward to 2012 and the only reason I login is to remind me of the fun I had with those special friends years ago.  The game has been managed soooo badly that if I listed the failures of PWI over the last 4 years I would be typing here all morning, frankly I am shocked it has gotten this bad.  It is a shell of the game that it used to be.

Advanced endless universe is fun if you happen to have some friends who have the r9 gear and have spent thousands on the game.  You will have to spend a lotta cash to get anywhere in this game now.  Even the "beloved" Lunar Glade instance (which by the way most people hate and avoid like the plague) costs 500k coins to get into it, so if you run that once every day that would 120 dollars a year just to get into that instance at current gold prices.

I am looking for a new MMO but nothing has really caught my attention yet, I am not as hyped up about GW2 as most folks seem to be.  What I really hope for is that now the population is so low that the PWE staff will take some radical action to fix things.  There are many great suggestions on the PW forums if they need ideas lol.

• IlovePWIlovePW Member Posts: 1

First of all why complain so much? Only 2000 dollars to have nice equip ? I'm sure u never played PW-MY and yes we are the ones to complain caus we lost everything and dont even have a game to play anymore and this is the reason why i check out PWI. U complain about the prices while it's the gamers themselves who create it ! Why selling fc mobs and heads? Why don't u just make a team and raid the dungeon sell drops and share so all team members benefit from it? And why u need to use hypers all the time? To lvl from zero to 100 in a few weeks? Lmao if u know your char and your skills u dont even need hypers to lvl fast!! About auction system : who tells you you have to bid? Can you blame the developpers there is a cash  shop in a F2P game? How do they earn their income to create new stuff, maintance, patches etc. In every game you have ppl who are willing to spend real money on virtual items but it's their own choice. It's not the company but the greed of the gamers that ruins the gameplay ! No no don't scream i saw it happen in my server PW-MY also ! So to all the haters don't waste  your time on forums or games u don't like and leave the game to the ppl who absolutely love Perfect World. Although i had such nice characters in PW-MY and still hope they reopen that server (and many others believe me) i started all over here caus there is no such game as Perfect World! Love xx

Well see there are almost no drops in fc anymore except for the rare gear drops. They removed all the mats when they converted to exp instance way back. You will find out PWI is nothing like PW MY and just how screwed up PWE has made it. 

• SylenThunderSylenThunder Member UncommonPosts: 5

Wow, you would imagine that if they actually bothered to read the game forums, they would know that one of the things that we players want the most is to have the crapload of bugs that have existed since beta to actually get looked at and fixed. Or maybe some real updates to the skills of the original classes to balance them out more with the new classes, and possibly nerfing some of the abilities of the Tideborns.

Also, by appealing purely to the veterans in these last couple of releases, they have almost completely alienated the lower level people and new players seeking the game. Before level 80, the game world is pretty much vacant, and after that it's just power leveling in instances as much as you can.

Lastly, the community of the game overall has plummeted since PWE has made it Free-to-Play, Pay-to-Win. Their entire focus is on spending oodles of cash to get the elite gear and completely leave the actual F2P players in the dust. As a result, server pupulations are on a steady decline, especially the PvP servers.

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181

This game is one of the most p2w games you will ever play.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

Goodluck PWI and all Pay To Win crap with GW2 release. No offence, but only retards will stay and play this shit after 28.08.2012.

Next time MMORPG guys might want to get some one that has actually worked for the company longer 

Today, 07:47 AM

So... This is who is Tony Liu (TY Mr. Google) :

Quote:
    Product Manager
    Perfect World Entertainment, Inc.

June 2012 - Present (2 months) Redwood City, CA
    Producer Lead
    OnNet USA

October 2008 - May 2012 (3 years 8 months)

Assistant Producer
    OnNet USA

January 2008 - October 2008 (10 months)
    Game Master / Community Manager
    OnNet USA

February 2007 - December 2007 (11 months)

Been 1 month with PWI. No wonder he don't have much clue about what he is saying. And the guy who made his cue cards was not that much more knowledgeable either.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)

Originally posted by IlovePW

First of all why complain so much? Only 2000 dollars to have nice equip ? I'm sure u never played PW-MY and yes we are the ones to complain caus we lost everything and dont even have a game to play anymore and this is the reason why i check out PWI. U complain about the prices while it's the gamers themselves who create it ! Why selling fc mobs and heads? Why don't u just make a team and raid the dungeon sell drops and share so all team members benefit from it? And why u need to use hypers all the time? To lvl from zero to 100 in a few weeks? Lmao if u know your char and your skills u dont even need hypers to lvl fast!! About auction system : who tells you you have to bid? Can you blame the developpers there is a cash  shop in a F2P game? How do they earn their income to create new stuff, maintance, patches etc. In every game you have ppl who are willing to spend real money on virtual items but it's their own choice. It's not the company but the greed of the gamers that ruins the gameplay ! No no don't scream i saw it happen in my server PW-MY also ! So to all the haters don't waste  your time on forums or games u don't like and leave the game to the ppl who absolutely love Perfect World. Although i had such nice characters in PW-MY and still hope they reopen that server (and many others believe me) i started all over here caus there is no such game as Perfect World! Love xx

Just my final thoughts.  I think people already got the current player-based impressions - and on a side note Tony Liu has apparantly only been working for PWI since June so he really wouldnt know whats going on.

Anyway to discuss what you've said IlovePWI:  PWI is advertised as F2P yeah.  Okay to play only the PVE servers you dont need Rank 9, its just makes life easier.  To play the PVP servers and actually be competetive, you dont ONLY need Rank 9, it has to be upgraded and refined. The basic Rank 9, at current gold prices costs just over $2300.  To upgrade and refine, well add another $2000 or more to that.  F2P - P2W.

Now about your FC comments.  PWI nerfed mob drops so grinding is now rubbish (its okay right now as there is a week of 2x drops promotion).  After you have done quests to get to say level 40, you start realizing that quests are monumentally monotonous.  Go here, kill this or dig that, hand in.  So you save coin to go in the FC and skip those boring levells.  If PWI made the rewards for questing worth it, people would do them.  If PWI didnt want people to pwr level they would change the level requirements to enter, but they want people to pwr level, to then be tempted to buy stuff with real money.  You saying you can level fast just being skilled is pure rubbish.  How do you do that.  Without FC and BH is takes a couple of years to max level.  And thats one boring year, considering you would do it totally alone, since noone else is questing.  Then you get to that high level and guess what - someone who did it in 2 weeks by pwr levelling and putting in cash, one shots you!!!

In my time playing I have some average/okay gears and 50million in coins saved up.  Guess what, those with Rank 9 gears can spend 50million on just one shard for their weapon.  50million is peanuts.

PWI has specifically changed the whole game to discourage casual gamers and encourage paying players.  Every way for non-cash injectors, ie people like me, has been nerfed.  Its very obvious and to say differently is to have your head in the sand IlovePWI.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

While people usually discount low count posters, most are correct about this game,  I got several characters to the 70's and 80's and gave up.   A casual amount of money does not work in this game.  The item shop to start makes players way to powerful.  Progressing above level 70 takes money unless you have lots and lots of time.  

The pvp is absurd, as only those that spend big in the item shop can compete.

The interview is a joke, even the developer knows most of what he says is an out right lie.

It is a  shame too as the game could be very fun if the item shop was reined in and high end equipment made less overwhelming.,

Oh and to the challenged person above, so far only one person I know of has made it to max level without investing money in the game, it is extremely hard to get past level 70 as there are few quests after that level.  You have to do daily dungeon runs if you can find the people.  I basically laugh at anyone that says they can level fast in this game because I know for a fact that is an outright lie.

• YamiinoYamiino Member UncommonPosts: 1

This game will have the same fate as Restaurant City, in exactly 54 days.

Guild Wars 2 is a buy to play MMORPG, once you buy it (from 60-80 bucks) you can play as long as you want.

- Leveling is not an issue

- Grinding is nearly null

- It has awesome events

- It makes you play with other people even if you're not in a party

- It lets you go pvp any time, anywhere

- It lets you go to World vs World and become level 80 instantly

- It lets you help others without the issue of kill stealing

- It has a challenge

- Fighting mobs is awesome, every time you evade an attack you feel progress!

- Skills do not cost money / in-game coins

- You can unlock all your skills (your current weapon skills) just by using the weapon in fights.

- You can interact with the environment

- You don't have to worry about repairing gear if you don't die

Simply, the best freaking game ever and it will be out on August 28th 2012, other mmos? yeah right. They all are gonna die.

Sorry! played you for 4 years and all PWI did was backstab everyone over and over and over.

• Dribble101Dribble101 Member UncommonPosts: 1

Think twice people.

Recently PWE shut done a server in Malaysia, a fully legal server paying royalty to PWE.

PW Co. China demanded they shut the server making many users of the game homeless.

Since then a new server has not been created to take on the accounts and PWI has refused to take on the accounts and intergrate them into their infrastructure or even create a new server for the homeless accounts of players that can not play anymore. It happenned on May 28 and til this day the players have not been able to play the game. $1000's of dollars down the toilet for many, just because PWE didn't want to allow Cubizone to continue hosting the game. If you thought it was a rip before, knowing they have the power to pull the plug and suggesting that its just to bad !, all the time indicating we should have chosen one of the PWI servers not another completely legally contracted server, is a pure con.

PWI can wipe your character when ever they want and even with them still operating elsewhere, you get nothing in return, no transfer to another server, no apolgy, no nothing, not even a thank you for the $1000's of dollars spent.

Come 'on PWI, how about making a new server for Malaysia's orphanes.

Nearly 2 months and nothing still.