Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it me or GW2 PAY 2 WIN game?

Comments

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by rankor2
    So if I buy gems and trade for large amounts of gold what can I buy that will make my char OP and unable to be beaten? Oh, nothing! So how is it p2w? Can we lock this silly thread now?

Agreed.

Haters will always be haters and trolls will always be trolls.

• bhimabhima Member Posts: 81
    Originally posted by Atlan99
    Originally posted by Master10K

I can link to. image

So by his definition WvWvW is P2W in GW2.

The person who uses money can buy more defenses and weapons.

This poster needs a link as well.

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

I don't know about you guys, but I think this thread has gotten out of hand.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

For 60 dollars I think all prepurchasers have already won. 

+2 TO ALL STATS RING OMG GAME BREAK

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Why is this thread still open?

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Originally posted by Derpybird

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

I can link to. image

From what I read during an interview (or was it an AMA?) the amount of gold needed for these things is going to be mostly trivial by the time you get to higher levels.  I am certain that Anet is aware of the worries that this could be a problem, so I am not exactly worried about this.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

Because it is fun to see the ignorance of some people due to their laziness.

• Originally posted by Tawn47
    Originally posted by citalkay

Of course it's pay to win, and it'll just get worse as they add more pay to win options.

[mod edit]

Well it's not impossible for any game to add a P2W cash shop if the devs want to.   The time to complain is when they do (or say they plan to do)....       if we complained about what companies MIGHT do..  we'd complain about everything.

As opposed to now where we never complain about everything?

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by grimm6th

I can link to. image

From what I read during an interview (or was it an AMA?) the amount of gold needed for these things is going to be mostly trivial by the time you get to higher levels.  I am certain that Anet is aware of the worries that this could be a problem, so I am not exactly worried about this.

One word makes what Atlan99 post 100% flawed...that word would be "supply."

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

Why was this thread created in the first place?

Enough with the misinformation about this game, seriously!

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

If you don't want to play the game then don't play it...simples. 

Why do certain people feel a compulsion to try to put others off? I wonder if they get some sort of perverse pleasure out of denigrating anything they don't personally like?

Most adults just ignore things they have no time for, the trolls might well be pleasantly surprised if they tried it some time...

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

What's going on up in here?

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Sh*ts going down.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I can link to. image

We need to put this as a sticky. Nuff said. 

I can link toimage

His definition is the only definition of P2W. I also get pissed off when people say that someone leveling faster ruins their experience and it's P2W. And no, the gold cost is trivial.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679
    Originally posted by Indrome
    Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Sh*ts going down.

thanks for the heads-up. last time I bad mouthed GW2 my buddy pissed in my boots...i'm outie.

Originally posted by Caldrin

LOL you should have known all the fan boys would have ripped you apart for saying bad things about Jesus 2.. Silly OP

You mean those who actually KNOW about the game would've ripped him apart for saying misinformed / silly stuff about a game.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by seridan

LOL you should have known all the fan boys would have ripped you apart for saying bad things about Jesus 2.. Silly OP

You mean those who actually KNOW about the game would've ripped him apart for saying misinformed / silly stuff about a game.

Not sure how accurate this leak is..

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/28104-cash-shop-items-leak/

Probally old by now as I have not been keeping up with things...

It mostly looks ok.. a few iffy things..

Fine Transmutation > does this allow you to create a better weapon by combining two togeather? IF this is the case then that could be seen as p2w.

Loot Bag > whats in these ?

Gems for gold > so you can swap gems you buy for real money into in game gold?

Keys > Tho i believe you can find these keys in game they are rare fom what i have read so most people will buy them.

So from that initial leak it does look there there will be some p2w items as such.. tho I do knid of hate that term p2w LOL p2w what?

Also sorry if that info is well out of date/wrong its the first thing that came up on google.. but from this there does look like there are items people will need to buy or things that will give the player an advantage..

Its not the wrose cash shop i ahve seen tho.. far far from it..

It is an old leak. Currently the contents of the store are these:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by negativf4kk

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Gem#Real_life_money_--.3E_in_game_money

Looks like P2W?

YES, sooooooo true it's pay to win game, so don't play it :P

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221

Fine Transmutation > does this allow you to create a better weapon by combining two togeather? IF this is the case then that could be seen as p2w.

Cosmetic Only

I thing you mean the bag size?

Not pay to win since their is hardly any gear progression at max level, and this will hold most gold sellers away and allow people to buy items in the gems store for ingame gold.

Keys > Tho i believe you can find these keys in game they are rare fom what i have read so most people will buy them.

Not P2W, since you don't win anything, from the items that are in the chest.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

Didn't see anything in there that was P2W.  I think you're assuming it is without having looked at the gem store.  

• CrisazgoCrisazgo Member Posts: 42
    Originally posted by seridan

So from that initial leak it does look there there will be some p2w items as such.. tho I do knid of hate that term p2w LOL p2w what?

Also sorry if that info is well out of date/wrong its the first thing that came up on google.. but from this there does look like there are items people will need to buy or things that will give the player an advantage..

Theres no gear gap at 80.

You get a set of level 80 armor for free to use in pvp at anytime. The better looking pvp skins require you to play pvp and accumilte currency.

In PVE there will be some cheapo bland looking armor sets that you can create/buy for next to nothing. A person with alot of wealth will be able to get the better looking pve skins without any effort, but at no advantage.

This makes ingame currency not giving you any advantage only in looks on certain skins.

and for the other shop items:

On beta the stones just copied the appearence of 1 item to another and destroyed it in the process. Its just a system that allows you to choose how you want to look.

The chests you open with keys just contained more gem shop items. Like exp boosters etc. Again there is no gear difference so how is it pay 2 win. If you are trying to hit 80 fast then you are just bypassing content for no reason, and will get bored and move back to panda land sooner.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Look from one item, stats from another.  You need both items in the first place, so all you're doing is 'pay to have stats of one item you own with looks of another item you own'.  Only pay to win if you're confusing GW2 with Fashion Runway Wars 2

They don't exist anymore.

I like looking at it as 'You mean I can trade my in game gold for gems so I never have to spend money in the cash shop?  Honestly, this is, at best, a convenience thing.  You can get gold faster, but getting gold isn't going to give you anything better than what anybody else has who has been playing the game normally. 

... and you get silly things in the chest like non-combat potions that change your look (I'm a chair now!), more keys, xp boosts (Which you can actually get in the game other ways as well, without touching the cash shop).

Really, everything in the cash shop falls into 3 categories.  First off, you have purely cosmetic items (Outfits, transmutation stones), then you have account services (Server transfer, extra character slots), and finally you have convenience items (xp boosts, more bank slots, gems into gold).  Convenience makes you FASTER, but not any better than anybody else.  It's only P2W if you think getting stuff faster is really important.  In which case, honestly, you better have bought the three day headstart as well.  Which if you count that as P2W, then most MMORPGs are P2W if you can get your hands on that headstart.  Technically, it'd mean subscription games are P2W, because the earlier you pay and the more, the more time you have, therefore the better you can be.  I mean, if I start paying for an MMO 2 months before you, while you wait because you want to see if it's worth it, by paying 30 dollars more than you, all other things being equal, I'm going to be better. :D

Since I'll NEVER have as much spare time as any serious MMORPG player, I'm already used to most people being faster than me.  Now it just means people with more spare money can do the same thing as people with more spare time.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

Yes. Guild Wars 2 is P2W...

... PLAY TO WIN, that is.

This discussion has been closed.