Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Is it me or GW2 PAY 2 WIN game?

1356720

Comments

  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,778Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Sebber
    Originally posted by Master10K

    I can link to. image

    This is golden.

    if someone watches that video and still dont get it that its not pay to win. He should jump off of a bridge...... and make sure theres no water below

    image
  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,277Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Baddogbill
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Sebber
    Originally posted by bcbully

    It's not just you OP. GW2's cash shop sells power, and gems for gold. Is it pay for "I win button?" No it's not. It is pay for power though no matter how you spin it.


    Please tell me what "power" is? You said it is in the gem store, Come one, go.

    Anything that makes you more capable. Things like gems ---> gold ----> gear.

     

    Will it be game breaking? No I don't think so. Is it selling of power? Yes it is.

     

     

    pow·er

      [pou-er]  Show IPA
    noun
    1.
    ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishingsomething.

    How are things going with the cash shop over at TSW ? What are the folks saying about the last 25% of content in the game now that some of them have past the 75% mark ? Do you think more folks will be posting on this form later this week when they have completed the TSW content ?

    Well since you asked  there are only clothes in the TSW cash shop. 

     

    If you are talking about the story content (not sabatage, investigation, faction, ability wheel, skills dungeons pvp) as 75% then yeah there is only 150 hours of that. So in a couple weeks people who only did those types of quests may be here posting again. 

  • MexorillaMexorilla Las Vegas, NVPosts: 313Member
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Sebber
    Originally posted by bcbully

    It's not just you OP. GW2's cash shop sells power, and gems for gold. Is it pay for "I win button?" No it's not. It is pay for power though no matter how you spin it.


    Please tell me what "power" is? You said it is in the gem store, Come one, go.

    Anything that makes you more capable. Things like gems ---> gold ----> gear.

     

    Will it be game breaking? No I don't think so. Is it selling of power? Yes it is.

     

     

    pow·er

      [pou-er]  Show IPA
    noun
    1.
    ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishingsomething.

    what does that power do?  save someone some time? 

  • MosesZDMosesZD Kirkwood, MOPosts: 1,383Member

     

    It's you.

  • GTwanderGTwander San Diego, CAPosts: 6,035Member

    If Gems > Gold > Power, then ALL MMOs with 3rd-party gold sellers are officially Pay 2 Win.

    Btw... sky is falling.

    Writer / Musician / Game Designer

    Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

  • DJJazzyDJJazzy louisville, COPosts: 2,053Member

    Cash shop talk was so 6 months ago.

  • p_c_sousap_c_sousa cartaxoPosts: 620Member
    Originally posted by DJJazzy

    Cash shop talk was so 6 months ago.

    you can explain the same thing a million times that people will not understand, so for sure you will see post like this on future.

    you can even see people say exist classes can tank mobs on GW2 so expect anything. saying WvW is just zerg is another popular topic and you have the obvious: GW2 is a WoW clone game or is just hype, etc.

  • 7star7star SeoulPosts: 405Member
    Originally posted by william0532

     

    How do you make a game where no one will have an advantage? I guess its time to go back to pong.

    I do not see this as a pay to win game, I see it as a pay to have lots of pretty's and shinies. Which I don't care about, so I'm ok.

    Yes. There will will be an f2p version of Pong.

     

    But you can upgrade to the VIP acct for a small fee and get the golden  paddle of awesomeness which will only offer the convenience of being a couple of millimeters bigger, thus saving you the inconvenience of having to twist your knob as quickly. It just reduces knob grind a bit.

     

    Edit: I'm not taking any sides here, mind you. I've pre-purchased GW2 and look forward to playing. I'm also playing TSW and I would probably buy xp pots if they were in the cs now. 

  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Covington, LAPosts: 555Member
    Originally posted by Sebber

    Yes you pay Arenanet 60 dollars and then you win, to have fun.....

    NO it is not P2W, you don't win anything.

    JERK! You beat me to it!

    Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

  • Bad.dogBad.dog Belleville, ONPosts: 1,108Member
    Originally posted by 7star
    Originally posted by william0532

     

    How do you make a game where no one will have an advantage? I guess its time to go back to pong.

    I do not see this as a pay to win game, I see it as a pay to have lots of pretty's and shinies. Which I don't care about, so I'm ok.

    Yes. There will will be an f2p version of Pong.

     

    But you can upgrade to the VIP acct for a small fee and get the golden  paddle of awesomeness which will only offer the convenience of being a couple of millimeters bigger, thus saving you the inconvenience of having to twist your knob as quickly. It just reduces knob grind a bit.

     

    Edit: I'm not taking any sides here, mind you. I've pre-purchased GW2 and look forward to playing. I'm also playing TSW and I would probably buy xp pots if they were in the cs now. 

    Is there any chance of buying that golden paddle of awesomeness in other games ? I'm not so interested in the bigger paddle size wise but being able to reduce knob grind seems like a feature I can't live without

  • HomituHomitu Hometown, HIPosts: 2,030Member

    I've said it before, I'll say it again: there is literally no amount of money one could spend in GW2 that would make me feel like I, having not spent a single dollar, am at a disadvantage compared to him.  

  • PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,924Member Uncommon

    The fact its so less focused on gear and all and the fact you basically trade in for in game currency does make it actually more pay to win... which kinda is funny. Their attempt to make skill trump out means having that extra means behind you of an advantage that much more prominent then most other MMos. Making what you do matter less in what your character can do means what you CAN get with gold is that much more effective at boosting your character. 

     

    I can't call it P2W but it has by far a stronger system for it then a lot of other games out there just due to their design choice.

  • DaggerjaydoDaggerjaydo Puyallup, WAPosts: 121Member
    Originally posted by Purutzil

    The fact its so less focused on gear and all and the fact you basically trade in for in game currency does make it actually more pay to win... which kinda is funny. Their attempt to make skill trump out means having that extra means behind you of an advantage that much more prominent then most other MMos. Making what you do matter less in what your character can do means what you CAN get with gold is that much more effective at boosting your character. 

     

    I can't call it P2W but it has by far a stronger system for it then a lot of other games out there just due to their design choice.

    Now tell all the people exactly WHAT you can buy for gold so they can understand why it's not P2W.

  • kafka1984kafka1984 Chicago, ILPosts: 83Member
    Pay to win?
    Pay to win what?
    If I paid ArenaNet $59.99 to have fun should that be considered pay to win?

    Roll the Dice

  • DrakxiiDrakxii Waxahachie, TXPosts: 594Member

    While they anit P2W yet, once they get that better stuff in the cash shop means more money, they will be.  Personaly I expect both GW2 and TSW will be P2W with in a year.

    I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

  • CetraCetra SingaporePosts: 354Member Uncommon

    sick of these silly topics. Ya its Pay 2 Win. Please dont play GW2. Please dont. We dont care if you play or not. The game will be succesful either way without these ignorant ppl.

  • RizelStarRizelStar Raleigh, NCPosts: 2,773Member
    Originally posted by Cetra

    sick of these silly topics. Ya its Pay 2 Win. Please dont play GW2. Please dont. We dont care if you play or not. The game will be succesful either way without these ignorant ppl.

    Why are people lying on purpose?

    I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

    I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

    P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

    Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Huntsville, ALPosts: 1,365Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    Originally posted by Cetra

    sick of these silly topics. Ya its Pay 2 Win. Please dont play GW2. Please dont. We dont care if you play or not. The game will be succesful either way without these ignorant ppl.

    Why are people lying on purpose?

     

    its kinda just what sarcasm is.  sort of a satirical lie.

  • xenogiasxenogias warsaw, INPosts: 1,926Member

    Going by what you linked OP then no, its not pay to win. Why? Because you can get gold ingame. You can get materials and gear ingame. Which means you do not HAVE to use the AH for anything.

     

    For thoes of you who are idiots and dont know what pay to win means. It means being able to buy items with real life money that you are not able to obtain any other way. So in no way can GW2 be P2W.

    Now, thats not to say you can disagree with the cash shop or the model they have set up. But trying to call it P2W is just fail.

  • KingzainiKingzaini Amhert, NYPosts: 39Member

    I don't see how you can get anything worth wild from AH gear. While playing I would get a few good drops here and there but nothing great that would sell for gold. But then I would find a Karma vender that sold great Green gear that had crazy stats that beat anything you would find from a drop. Also the Honor gear in WvW is great too which you also can't but for gold. So unless buying basic gear from AH is P2W were have I've been all these gears. It's like buying a great katana from the AH in FFXI and thinking it would win against a Relic GK.

    image

  • fascismfascism marquette, MIPosts: 358Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Buttski

    it's fun to read the posts of those tsw fanboy tryhards :D

    what does that mean

  • ZzadZzad Palma de MallorcaPosts: 1,332Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Adalwulff

    I feel sorry for anyone who dumps a ton of money into gems.

    Actually its a way to support the game if you like it.

    I would  even buy one of those yellow "party box"  just to support it & have some fun in the cities^^

    It´s your choice but it´s not going to make you "win" over anyone anyway.

  • ZylaxxZylaxx Erlanger, KYPosts: 2,574Member
    Originally posted by Master10K

    I can link to. image

    Bridger Rants are awesome and so true.  OP doesnt know what he is talking about and is using the word in the wrong way.

    Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

    Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

    image

  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob lexington, KYPosts: 871Member

    Only if you consider changing the color of your pants paying to win

  • rankor2rankor2 adelaidePosts: 114Member
    So if I buy gems and trade for large amounts of gold what can I buy that will make my char OP and unable to be beaten?


    Oh, nothing! So how is it p2w?


    Can we lock this silly thread now?
This discussion has been closed.