Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buddy Keys?

brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783

I followed the hype through beta, but never got to get hands-on with the game.  Looks solid, but I wanna make sure it will run alright on my system.  With that said are there any buddy keys or anything that Funcom included with the game?  If so, and someone can hook me up with a key, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Crunchy22Crunchy22 Member Posts: 51

Post your CPU/GPU/RAM and OS 

Its actually pretty leniant of a game.

Im running between 25-40 FPS on low setting, and the low settings 9aside from blur) look better than most of the other games im able to run on max.  Of course the massive pvp map isnt playable with my system...soon that changes however.

• brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783

Win XP 32bit

AMD Athlon x2 5400+

4gb RAM

Radeon HD 4500 series (I forget which)

Besides, at $50+ subscription I'd like to give the game a whirl before I plunk down that kind of money anyways.  I got burned on SWTOR (still have a 2 month prepaid card sitting here unused).

Yeah...not sure i would jump in with that system.

32 bit OS has issues, runs out of memory.  Not even sure thats a gaming GPU you have.

I mean you might be able to run on bare bones minimum setting, but i think that grapics card is way below what can run the game....im not familair with AMD GPU's however so mabey you got a super old but still viable one.

Also...how and why do you have 4 gigs of ram with a 32 bit OS...they cap out at 2 gigs...

Originally posted by Crunchy22

Yeah...not sure i would jump in with that system.

32 bit OS has issues, runs out of memory.  Not even sure thats a gaming GPU you have.

I mean you might be able to run on bare bones minimum setting, but i think that grapics card is way below what can run the game....im not familair with AMD GPU's however so mabey you got a super old but still viable one.

Also...how and why do you have 4 gigs of ram with a 32 bit OS...they cap out at 2 gigs...

Actually they cap out at a total of 4gigs for the whole system, including video ram.  So really I'm running like 3.5gb.  That said it runs most games pretty fine that are new, even Diablo 3 and SWTOR.  TERA seemed to run OK too.

But again, its why I am asking for a buddy key to try the game.

There are no buddy keys...

They did however give free beta keys...but then beta was crap compared to launch so you didnt miss much other than testing playablility.

Bummer.  They'll have something out soon enough so people can try it I'm sure.  Thanks for letting me know!

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181

Don't even bother with those specs, it will look and run horrible. Sorry bud.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

No budy keys..

But just 2 weeks ago beta keys where available all over the place to try the game, you just missed them, some websites never ran out of these.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• JackBlackYJackBlackY Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by brian72282

Win XP 32bit

AMD Athlon x2 5400+

4gb RAM

Besides, at $50+ subscription I'd like to give the game a whirl before I plunk down that kind of money anyways.  I got burned on SWTOR (still have a 2 month prepaid card sitting here unused).

My girlfriend bought a new laptop one year ago, the cheapest one you could find that didn't have an integrated GPU. Like 550$ laptop. And she is running it fine! Not on highest settings of course, but on native resolution, and the graphics are outstanding even though they aren't turned to max. You won't have any problems playing it, but don't expect to play it on "Very high" settings :)

Originally posted by JackBlackY
    Originally posted by brian72282

Win XP 32bit

AMD Athlon x2 5400+

4gb RAM

My girlfriend bought a new laptop one year ago, the cheapest one you could find that didn't have an integrated GPU. Like 550$ laptop. And she is running it fine! Not on highest settings of course, but on native resolution, and the graphics are outstanding even though they aren't turned to max. You won't have any problems playing it, but don't expect to play it on "Very high" settings :)

I'm just riding this computer out until my next college disbursement comes (it'll be the last one of my graduate program).  Then I'll be building a new one that will not have a problem.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

They will most likely do some type of promotion a month out I would think.