Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Launch Day Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom has hit a major milestone with today's official release of The Secret World. To celebrate, the team has put together a brand new trailer to show off the game. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

Beautiful trailer, fits the game perfectly :)

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

The trailer is pretty good. The game is FANTASTIC!

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Nice graphics but it didn't make me want to play.  I'll wait for the reviews I think.  

• BerikaiBerikai Member Posts: 162

Niiiice!

Great vid for an amazing game.

• mytelosmytelos Member UncommonPosts: 3

Touching.

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291

Lotta fun!

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Not bad at all.. It gives a good feel for the atmosphere for sure..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• Segun777Segun777 Jade Dynasty CorrespondentMember Posts: 97

Impressive

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

nice trailer... was this close to buying it (pinching finger)

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Originally posted by Terranah

Nice graphics but it didn't make me want to play.  I'll wait for the reviews I think.  

Just curious....What would make you want to play?

Cause I want to play every game I see. If I could of course. Which I can't  :(

• FadariFadari Member Posts: 3

I bought lifetime sub JUST on following the game for the last two years. Game is even better than anticipated and graphics are a plus.  Support crossfire/SLI and then I'll be VERY happy!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fadari-and-Whizbang/103668596424771?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow PC gaming news and my adventures in many virtual worlds!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fadari-and-Whizbang/103668596424771?ref=tn_tnmn

• MeliezaMelieza Member Posts: 269

Amazing trailer!  I've only seen a select few of those areas and moments so far, I'm super excited to see the rest.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Love that sea monster and guy on ship scene.

Eat your heart out, jaws.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

As the game itself, the trailer is extremely atmospheric and moody. Kudos.

Oh and all you wary of bad launches by Funcom, you can forget it. This was one of the smoothest MMO launches I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few.

Great trailer, great game. Funcom nailed it with this one.

• AryasAryas Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 337

OK, f_ck it... I'm sold!

Least I defo like GW2 (and I blew £130 on it) if this doesn't float old Aryas' MMO boat.

See you in game; I'll be the one getting pwned by inanimate objects most likely.

Aryas

Playing: Ableton Live 8
    ~ ragequitcancelsubdeletegamesmashcomputerkillself ~

Originally posted by Terranah

Check out the forum here.. there are a lot of players giving feedback.  I'm not sure I've seen that many positive posts for a game release in a long time.

I'm weary of seeing an MMORPG.com review that doesn't compare it to GW2 as some new standard, though :(  Hopefully it'll be a fair review when it comes out.

Originally posted by Aryas

See you in game; I'll be the one getting pwned by inanimate objects most likely.

LOL you and everyone else :) reminds me of a quest to destroy some machines that damage you when you hit them. Killed myself once doing it LOL..

• RightlovRightlov Member Posts: 72

Very impressive trailer! - especially considered that everything is in-game footage.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by Dakirn
    Originally posted by Aryas

LOL you and everyone else :) reminds me of a quest to destroy some machines that damage you when you hit them. Killed myself once doing it LOL..

Oh and killing yourself in this game is sometimes a "Solution" to a problem =)

Great trailer and the game has really surprised me and my fellow guild mates who have all been hardened vets of many MMO's over the years, it's nice to hear my team mates say "Wow my brain had to actually work for that mission".

Oh and I really thought that not having a Waypoint indicator for %80 of my quests would have been tough to get used to again but it's been alot easier than I thought, actually having to use your brain to figure out where to go, remembering things you've encountered along the way to help with other quests is alot of fun.

• IstafeinIstafein Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by tom_gore

As the game itself, the trailer is extremely atmospheric and moody. Kudos.

Oh and all you wary of bad launches by Funcom, you can forget it. This was one of the smoothest MMO launches I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few.

Great trailer, great game. Funcom nailed it with this one.

Very well said. 

“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6-34

• ZikariZikari Member Posts: 78

Great trailer for an amazing game. To be fair, most of the scenes are staged and will not be seen like this in-game, but this is legitimate. Near flawless lauch, with only one kinda annoying bug (chat channels dropping on zone switch). Hope to see more of you in game!

• PinkMelodyPinkMelody Member UncommonPosts: 10

this game is simply amazing, i was debating on wether i should get it or not and i just kept watching live streams and i had to get it lol and im am so glad that i did have been playing this bad boy non stop! There is so much to do in this game the graphics monsters and world are just amazing!!

• Nice to see and I loved the trailer - gave me loads of goosebumps. A unique feel/atmosphere/soul/whatever is *very* attractive with the "clone" feeling pervading MMOs.

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

if only gameplay was good that game could be near a 10

• kingsatanaskingsatanas Member Posts: 31

this game is a new kind of mmo like a left 4 dead mmo. graphic are very nice qsting and story line is very fun better then any mmo with a sleepy  bored qsting . i wish the end-game take my attention to stay on the game. 9.9/10 one of the best mmo i played since eq2 lol .