Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how has gw2 not hit over 9.0 on mmorpg.com

antshock35antshock35 Member Posts: 114

I have been watching gw2 sit at 8.78 for like 3months on mmorpg most popular coming games and in number one position for eva(sand lot imitation there) . How has it not hit 9.0 or above lol....its rigged i tell you..just kidding think its my add kicking in.I joke but weather gw2 is the best game ever or worst flop in history ,besides swtor or wow I can't remb a mmo so highly anticaptated in recent memory. Come on mmorpg you know tht number should be more then 8.78......

Yes stupid thread but it was killing me for weeks not seeing tht number rise .....sorry to bring down everyones iq on this thread.

Comments

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

pretty sure it would have been a 9.0 if it were a sandbox, or had "true" open world pvp as some would say.

• antshock35antshock35 Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by StriderXed

pretty sure it would have been a 9.0 if it were a sandbox, or had "true" open world pvp as some would say.

Don't know ...I just can't remb a mmo besides swtor that was as anticpated as this you think it rate better.......I have knowe idea why tht bugs me it just does ...I think maybe I should take some anger management classes lmao

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Let's be fair:

1)  We MMO'ers and more specifically MMORPG.com'ers are very jaded after the recent MMO launches.  Fanboys come, fanboys go.  Haters always hate.

2)  High 8's is really good.  Getting a 9.  That should be spectacular.  But it's not.  It's a good/decent game but it is not a 10 in MANY peoples minds.

I never understood on a scale of 1-10 how people look at an 8 and sneer derisively.  8 is pretty damned good.  9 is darned near perfection and you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER see a 10.  10 is the best most awesomely epic game, zero bugs, zero snags, complete immersion.

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342

Originally posted by antshock35
    Originally posted by StriderXed pretty sure it would have been a 9.0 if it were a sandbox, or had "true" open world pvp as some would say.
      Don't know ...I just can't remb a mmo besides swtor that was as anticpated as this you think it rate better.......I have knowe idea why tht bugs me it just does ...I think maybe I should take some anger management classes lmao

WoW, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Darkfall, to name just a few where the hypetrain was massive way before the game came out.

That, and GW2 doesn't have that big of a hype. Almost everyone who's looking forward to GW2 is playing or has played GW1 - I don't really know many people outside of that sphere who are that hyped for that game. I certainly am not. The only thing it has is pretty awesomely designed environments, otherwise it felt like yet another EQ derivative. A decent one, mind you, but derivative nonetheless.

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Is that number soooo important to you OP? image

Serious, start ignoring that number, dont let the number get control over you, is not good for your health. image

Originally posted by Jabas

Is that number soooo important to you OP? image

Serious, start ignoring that number, dont let the number get control over you, is not good for your health. image

I know but after starring at it for like 3mnths i WANT TO SQUEEZE IT SO HARD IT POPS OVER 9....Do i need help lolimage

• DamzillaDamzilla Member UncommonPosts: 170

To be honest, that number is not much of a measure of the quality, it's just a hype meter...Keeping that in mind, people can just put random numbers. Many people gavr it a 9 or a 10, but some gave it possibly 1 or 2... This number is not really reliable about judging any game. The reason why the number is stable is because you need to be registered to vote. Also, many votes have been cast, so it's very hard to change the current number. However, the anticipation for this game is huge, and i think that it reached this level a long time ago in this community.

Originally posted by Damzilla

To be honest, that number is not much of a measure of the quality, it's just a hype meter...Keeping that in mind, people can just put random numbers. Many people gavr it a 9 or a 10, but some gave it possibly 1 or 2... This number is not really reliable about judging any game. The reason why the number is stable is because you need to be registered to vote. Also, many votes have been cast, so it's very hard to change the current number. However, the anticipation for this game is huge, and i think that it reached this level a long time ago in this community.

I agree with you fully just a hype meter forget weather or not the game will be a epic smash or biggest flop since swtor.....its about the hype meter how has the it not gone to 9....its a conspiracy against me I know it...........I shake my fist at you mmorpg

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

If it were/had either of those, it wouldn't be GW2 however. Dynamic Events... they don't seem to play well in a sandbox. Open world PvP goes against the very core of the game. As such, it would likely have a lot lower rating being more like the rest of the pack.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by Ikeda

I never understood on a scale of 1-10 how people look at an 8 and sneer derisively.  8 is pretty damned good.  9 is darned near perfection and you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER see a 10.  10 is the best most awesomely epic game, zero bugs, zero snags, complete immersion.

True. A 8.78 is close to 9 which means the game is very good but still not "near perfect". It's enough I think to sum up what I think of the game.

10 is impossible because no game will EVER be the best for everyone, different opinions, different minds, different needs.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

I have been watching gw2 sit at 8.78 for like 3months on mmorpg most popular coming games and in number one position for eva(sand lot imitation there) . How has it not hit 9.0 or above lol....its rigged i tell you..just kidding think its my add kicking in.I joke but weather gw2 is the best game ever or worst flop in history ,besides swtor or wow I can't remb a mmo so highly anticaptated in recent memory. Come on mmorpg you know tht number should be more then 8.78......

Yes stupid thread but it was killing me for weeks not seeing tht number rise .....sorry to bring down everyones iq on this thread.

Players are excited for the P2W version of WOW. 

Originally posted by seridan
    Originally posted by Ikeda

True. A 8.78 is close to 9 which means the game is very good but still not "near perfect". It's enough I think to sum up what I think of the game.

10 is impossible because no game will EVER be the best for everyone, different opinions, different minds, different needs.

I don't think the scale there has anything to do with the games at all I think there all hype meter..how anticpated the game is .....

So noobs can't sort thru the 600 mmos released a day and check out some attempts at mmos that have a shopt to be decent.

But in know way do I think it reflects on the games merits...still come on MAN HIT 9.0 FOR THE LOVE OF GOD .......I WILL SEND CHUCK NORRIS AND JACK BAUER TO MMORPG HQ IF IT DOESNT HIT 9.0 LOLimage

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

Because I know it's going to be another tab-aim, instance heavy, mini-game-PvP ridden, challengeless and boring themepark.

So I hype it a 1 :). I'm sure I'm not the only one with this opinion.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Why do you care about the hype meter? Basicaly, most peole probably vote between 0-3 or 8-10. Fanboys vs haters. The meter is completly useless, so why do you even care if it's 8, 9, 2, whatever?

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

Why do you care about the hype meter? Basicaly, most peole probably vote between 0-3 or 8-10. Fanboys vs haters. The meter is completly useless, so why do you even care if it's 8, 9, 2, whatever?

This guy is exactly right.

I review games subjectively. When it's just a simplle hype meter I tend to rate games I'm completely uninterested in a 1, games that look quite interesting but I'm unsure I'd play a 9, and games I'm really hyping about a 10.

Nobody cares about the hype meter really, it's just to give people an idea of what the mainstream MMO community is anticipating the most.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

A rating system that rates games like Darkfall or even worse, Mortal Online, over 5/10 can't be taken very seriously anyway... If crap like MO gets 7/10, all AAA games should get a note over 10 to compensate.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

Originally posted by Adam1902
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

This guy is exactly right.

I review games subjectively. When it's just a simplle hype meter I tend to rate games I'm completely uninterested in a 1, games that look quite interesting but I'm unsure I'd play a 9, and games I'm really hyping about a 10.

Nobody cares about the hype meter really, it's just to give people an idea of what the mainstream MMO community is anticipating the most.

You guys r way to logical and make sense..I think you missed the fun of this thread....every thread in here lately has been hating or this is wrong that is wrong just trying to let the comm have a little fun...Sorry if this thread annoyed you guys but i did warn you that reading this thread would take down your iq in the org post...you been warned lol

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by antshock35 I have been watching gw2 sit at 8.78 for like 3months on mmorpg most popular coming games and in number one position for eva(sand lot imitation there) . How has it not hit 9.0 or above lol....its rigged i tell you..just kidding think its my add kicking in.I joke but weather gw2 is the best game ever or worst flop in history ,besides swtor or wow I can't remb a mmo so highly anticaptated in recent memory. Come on mmorpg you know tht number should be more then 8.78...... Yes stupid thread but it was killing me for weeks not seeing tht number rise .....sorry to bring down everyones iq on this thread.

I don't know how much votes are cast for the game, but to achieve that score or nearly 9 with a big number of vote like few thousands, i don't think you understand how overwhelmingly accepted the game have to be. A single guy voting 1 weight for 10 guy voting 10 to achieve a 9 score, this is just to give you an idea, and probably most don't use 1 or 10 score.

Since i go to this web site i have rarely seen games going over 8.3, even the most renowned ones.

there have been 3278 votes cast for the game one way or another just fyi

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by thinktank001

Players are excited for the P2W version of WOW. 

Troll much? At least get the business model right whan you do. It's B2P with a cosmetic cash shop....fool.

• alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236

gotta love the sandbox fanboys, let's see, the last really good AAA sandbox released was...

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by alkrmr

gotta love the sandbox fanboys, let's see, the last really good AAA sandbox released was...

He's not totally wrong, the population of this site is quite biased... as I said previously, they are capable of getting crap like MO get notes up to 7/10. You can't take the hype meter or ratings of this site as representative of the general MMORPG crowd.

You can bet that the next "sandboxish" MMO (should be archeage) will get a high note here even if it's total crap.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by alkrmr

He's not totally wrong, the population of this site is quite biased... as I said previously, they are capable of getting crap like MO get notes up to 7/10. You can't take the hype meter or ratings of this site as representative of the general MMORPG crowd.

You can bet that the next "sandboxish" MMO (should be archeage) will get a high note here even if it's total crap.

completely understandable and i barely look at the hype meter because i don't let people choose my games, i am able to form my own opinion

• Wyrd01Wyrd01 Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by ChromeBallz

Almost everyone who's looking forward to GW2 is playing or has played GW1 - I don't really know many people outside of that sphere who are that hyped for that game. I certainly am not. The only thing it has is pretty awesomely designed environments, otherwise it felt like yet another EQ derivative. A decent one, mind you, but derivative nonetheless.

I don't think that's true.  GW2 has a huge appeal beyond former GW1 players.  I've never played GW1 a day in my life, but I'm super excited about GW2.  Mostly because it took everything I grew bored with in WoW and Rift and fixed it.  It's actually fun and you want other players around because you can play with them.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , at the end of the day , who cares about ratings? I mean, if you like the game you'll play it regardless of the ratings.

Ratings are like graphics , they mean nada.