Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why did they change templar chick face ?

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

As said in topic.

Since game is released they changed templar chick face from this :

to the image currently on front page.

They didnt change other two character.

Curious isnt it.

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

... also neckline and coloring changed on the uniform.  Looks much nicer than the old one.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • friednietzfriednietz Member Posts: 118

At least they kept her incredibly disproportionate body.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

Nevermind the add and the hilarious body models ( male and female like ). I wonder if they added any new improved faces after launch. Those in beta looked too smiliar to each other for my liking and where mostly bad.

• ZikariZikari Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by Blindchance

Nevermind the add and the hilarious body models ( male and female like ). I wonder if they added any new improved faces after launch. Those in beta looked too smiliar to each other for my liking and where mostly bad.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=36298

The Character creation is currently the same as in Open Beta Weekend 4, however, the link above explains in detail how CC will be improved post launch. In short, they will add a plastic surgeon in New York, a barber shop in London and a Tatoo/Piercing Studio in Seoul. The first two are targeted for end of August, the tatoo shop later. They all will come with lotsof new customisation options for faces and hair and are free for the first use, later will charge in-game currency.

• NavyJackalNavyJackal Member Posts: 82

The second image is much improved over the first, and while I didn't think the old Dragon and Illuminati figures looked bad I always thought there was something 'off' about the female templar.   She just didn't look right to me, and it threw me off.   Perhaps they changed the picture because of it's art style?  The first picture is clearly influenced by manga/anime while the second image shows considerably more westren influence which in my opinion suits the nature and style of the game itself.  

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

The weird thing about the secret world is it could all be part of an ARG....

But yeah, they just added more detail.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

As said in topic.

Curious isnt it.

Yeah it is a little odd.

I was thinking before you posted this that she had been scarlett johansson-ized.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Atlan99

Yeah it is a little odd.

I was thinking before you posted this that she had been scarlett johansson-ized.

Exactly what i thought , lol

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

Odd, i like all of the old ones way better Oo

Hype train -> Reality

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by VowOfSilence

Odd, i like all of the old ones way better Oo

Me too.

I thought the original Templar also looked fittingly very British (don't ask me why lol... mostly her expression.) Maybe they thought too much? shrug

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

As said in topic.

Curious isnt it.

the dragon guy also looks different.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

I.... ... I am REALLY bothered by the new face.  Her head looks like it's been photoshopped on.  Poorly.

It's like the uncanny valley just went and punched me right in the stomach. :(

Yes, the level of detail on the face was increased, but it doesn't match the rest of the body, and the join to the neck is...

... oh god.  It just bothers the hell out of me.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by Meowhead

I.... ... I am REALLY bothered by the new face.  Her head looks like it's been photoshopped on.  Poorly.

Yes, the level of detail on the face was increased, but it doesn't match the rest of the body, and the join to the neck is...

^ This. I don't like the new face at all.

<3

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by dreamscaper
    Originally posted by Meowhead

^ This. I don't like the new face at all.

Yea i can't stand how she looks now. Horrible hair, and her neck. What the HELL is wrong with her neck?! It's like they've got someone in a green-screen suit pulling on her head to stretch it or something. It just looks HORRIBLE.

I simply got grossed out the moment I saw it.

Old one might have been less detailed, but was FAR better.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.