Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMITE: Closed Beta Giveaway #12!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

MMORPG.com and Hi-Rez Studios have partnered up to give out 100 keys for the closed beta of their upcoming MOBA, SMITE!

Not familiar with SMITE? Read below for the game's basic details:

SMITE is an online battleground between mythical gods. Smite is similar to a traditional Dota gameplay with a few changes including a third person perspective and WASD movement.  Players choose from a selection of gods, join session based 5 versus 5 arena combat, and use custom powers and team tactics against other players and minions.

Click here and grab your key before they're all gone!

Comments

• ChristianaChristiana Member UncommonPosts: 28

Yay First ^^

• LackharLackhar Member UncommonPosts: 1

wow ty!

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Betcha still get complaints about the timing of this giveaway as well. "I was having dinner with my family you bastards. What the hell is wrong with you people."

Anyways thanks for the key, much appreciated.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353

Uh, I don't know why I clicked it.. I already have one. Here:

M21EF8073BACEA4FC5AE24603

Eat me!

• OhshibaruOhshibaru Member UncommonPosts: 3

So I clicked the link and recieved a key yet the SMITE website says it already has been used? o.O

edit - Nevermind. Seems they dont like it in one spot but accept it in another. Weird!

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I rather like this giveaway system, of spreading out the total number of keys over time.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Cecropia

Betcha still get complaints about the timing of this giveaway as well. "I was having dinner with my family you bastards. What the hell is wrong with you people."

Anyways thanks for the key, much appreciated.

We do, but we're doing our best to hit different times for people. You're welcome and have fun!

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Been trying to get one since Giveaway #1. With real life it's hard to stay logged in 24/7 as we are forced to do since the times are never announced...sadly.

Grats to those who have the time to sit glued refreshing this page as they see fit.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

give a 1000 keys pls! and maybe I can get one :(

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Most of the people, myself included, who have brought up the subject of the timing of these giveaways have expressed that the issue is that we (like most individuals) have to work on a daily basis to support ourselves and our families.

A full time employee generally works an eight hour day, so launching a giveaway in the morning or early afternoon immediately removes any chance for those of us in that situation, unless you are someone in a technical field or who is able to browse the net while at work, to acquire a key.

I can only speak for myself, but I was not complaining, I was just trying to bring the situation to the attention of the staff. I realize that they were more than likely already aware of the above facts, but had I not brought the subject up when I did Bill probably wouldn't have made the effort to launch the following giveaway later in the day like he ended up doing (thanks Bill, your kindness did not go unnoticed). Which in turn allowed a few of us who had missed the opportunity previously to get a key.

I missed out on the late giveaway again, but luckily for me a generous forum goer noticed my post regarding not being able to make time to hit up one of the giveaway due to irl obligations and provided me with a key.

Making light of the situation because you consider it trivial is disrespectful and rude, to be entirely frank. Just because a certain set of circumstances do not apply to you, in no way trivializes the subject as a whole, especially for those of us who were genuinely missing out on the chance because of other priorities having to come first.

After gaining my key from the generous individual here, I proceeded to giveaway the two friend keys I received to other users who were also in the same or a similar situation, in order to pay the favor forward.

Had I never spoke up, I would have no key right now, and neither would the two other individuals who got there key from me. Sitting on the sidelines and feeling sorry for yourself achieves nothing (not directed at the quoted user, just a generalization) and the only way to let someone know how you feel or how to best help you is by letting them know exactly what is on your mind.

Food for thought.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Kost

Most of the people, myself included, who have brought up the subject of the timing of these giveaways have expressed that the issue is that we (like most individuals) have to work on a daily basis to support ourselves and our families.

A full time employee generally works an eight hour day, so launching a giveaway in the morning or early afternoon immediately removes any chance for those of us in that situation, unless you are someone in a technical field or who is able to browse the net while at work, to acquire a key.

I can only speak for myself, but I was not complaining, I was just trying to bring the situation to the attention of the staff. I realize that they were more than likely already aware of the above facts, but had I not brought the subject up when I did Bill probably wouldn't have made the effort to launch the following giveaway later in the day like he ended up doing (thanks Bill, your kindness did not go unnoticed). Which in turn allowed a few of us who had missed the opportunity previously to get a key.

I missed out on the late giveaway again, but luckily for me a generous forum goer noticed my post regarding not being able to make time to hit up one of the giveaway due to irl obligations and provided me with a key.

Making light of the situation because you consider it trivial is disrespectful and rude, to be entirely frank. Just because a certain set of circumstances do not apply to you, in no way trivializes the subject as a whole, especially for those of us who were genuinely missing out on the chance because of other priorities having to come first.

After gaining my key from the generous individual here, I proceeded to giveaway the two friend keys I received to other users who were also in the same or a similar situation, in order to pay the favor forward.

Had I never spoke up, I would have no key right now, and neither would the two other individuals who got there key from me. Sitting on the sidelines and feeling sorry for yourself achieves nothing (not directed at the quoted user, just a generalization) and the only way to let someone know how you feel or how to best help you is by letting them know exactly what is on your mind.

Food for thought.

None of the SMITE giveaways were given during the day (EDT). I can't speak for timezone differences, though. I generally position them after 5PM EDT to account for people getting home from work.

Also, just a FYI -- I'm Mike, not Bill! :P

• LionShardLionShard Member UncommonPosts: 30

Maybe next time you will consider not doing a giveaway at 3 am? I live in Europe and with that giveaway timing, i will never be able to get a key.

• urthal22urthal22 Member UncommonPosts: 108

People are so ungratefull lol.

its 1200 Keys they give away Without anything asked back. Granted many sites Do also but they usually require a series of weird Sign ups to different medias and sponsor banners.

You should be thankfull MMORPG only asks for a Free-membership Log in to get beta keys.

Have fun whoever got those , dont forget to share the 2 extra keys, Smite as gotten alot more fun now that queues arent 9min each