Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rate your launch experience

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Yes, ignorant, like saying it's not still offline now (and has been for over 4hours). And no, this is not done w/ every game, and every launch. Reason I bring this up, is because I see a lot of people giving free passes out for issues with this game.
    People much like yourself.

My issue is this. One, there are people that are claiming that this game is 'bug-free'. Claiming such to the extent as to call people who mention that there are bugs 'liars'. I'm glad you aren't one of them, but it doesn't change the fact that they are there. Secondly, the game is launched. Beta is over. We are now out of the 'headstart period'. A headstart is not a beta, it's early access to what is supposed to be a finished game. I expect MMOs to have downtime. Hell, I expect new games to have bugs. I do not expect a new AAA game to be down for 2 of the 3 days of a headstart. I do not expect a new AAA game to still have the majority of the bugs that were mentioned over a month ago in closed beta. Bugs they fixed, and then reintroduced into the game. Is this launch better than Age of Conan's? Absolutely. But to pass this launch off as a stellar launch is very much a joke. I don't want to see this become the new standard of what's acceptable with MMOs. I'd rather see games getting better, not see us settling for worse.

Again, I'm glad they are working to improve the game. However, that doesn't mean that these things shouldn't have been taken care of before release. It's no different then people who praise TOR for implementing features now that should've been implemented months ago.

This is one of the best MMO head starts I have seen.. remember the game launches today..

Yes of course there are some bugs there is no MMORPG out there that has none.. The fact they are finding these bugs and fixing them with patches is bloody good..

So im very impressed with this laucnh and very happy with it.. sure the server went down for a few patches but its not the end of the world.

They had a release timetable they had to stick to maybe all the bugs could not be fixed before launch date that again happens with every MMORPG.. its just the way the industry works.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Good so far.

Some bugged quests...pretty much the same that have been jacked up. Would be nice if those get fixed. Was a patch this morning so maybe they are finally fixed so they will work in all shards regardless the population.

Honestly outside of that I haven't had any issues. think my brain almost melted from figuring out the Gravity quest. I finally got it but man alive did it take me forever. Was a great feeling when I finally did though. Nice to get a sense of accomplishment like that from a video game.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• FinnMcCoolFinnMcCool Member Posts: 34

I have only had 2 actual problems with the game

1. sometime starting up the game the game isnt in proper full screen it is  full screen but windowed, I can alt and enter to switch it to full screen but then boxes and buttons are out of line (e.g. I have to click above the password box to get the cursor in it) this is remedied by just changing the video settings to something else and back.

2. everytime I quit out of the game it crashes and asks if i want to send a report.

neither of these issues impact my actual enjoyment of the game and im sure what ever causes the problems will be fixed shortly

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

So far, no bugs. The game has been running smoothly for me. Totally different than AoC's launch.

I'm almost done with Kingsmouth and still no issues yet.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

Originally posted by s1fu71

Totally different than AoC's launch.

Like night and day really comparing the launches of  those two games.

One of the better launches I have been involved in. Not the best as some seem to say but it is pretty impressive compared to how many other launches have gone. Only two that come to mind that were better were LotR and Rift. So that says something. Especially considering FC's track record.

EDIT: Amazing how after all this time the quote/edit feature on these forums still sucks ass. Wish they never would have changed it.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

Only two that come to mind that were better were LotR and Rift. So that says something. Especially considering FC's track record.

Totally agree with LotR and Rift. Those were great launches too.

The only other game by Funcom I have to compare TSW to, was AoC. I don't recall it being as bad as people say. The game wasn't broken for me. I just recall a few quests in Tortage that were bugged. Atleast for me, it was nothing major.

So far in TSW, I haven't come across any issues with combat, missions, cutscenes, graphics, etc...

I've still yet to try crafting. But, so far, I'm happy with it.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

So far the launch has been outstanding compared to many. I would put it up there with the RIFT launch or close to it. Someone above mentioned extensive downtime. I guess I was lucky because I never noticed it. the downtime must have been off hours for me. I was able to play every time I logged in which was quite a bit.

I ran into only 2 bugged quest so far. One was Men in Black Vans (last tier) and the other was Runway lights (last tier). Runway Lights fixed itself when I had logged back in a bit later and appeared to be a spawn timer type issue.

There are, of course, little buggy, quirky things like the store saying "coming soon" every once in a while and some animation hicups (Boons hair sticking out of his cowboy hat in front)  but nothing game breaking at all.

I am a Lovecraft, X files fan and this game fills a gap that has been missing. I am also really starting to see the synergies in the skill wheel and how to set up a great deck that I want. I was in Closed Beta so have had some time to absorb that and too be honest, is just now really clicking for me in creating builds. That said, you just strive for one of the pre-built decks and your set up is pretty good.

Will be playing TSW for a good while if the game continues to provide this level of enjoyment for me.

Only two that come to mind that were better were LotR and Rift. So that says something. Especially considering FC's track record.

The only other game by Funcom I have to compare TSW to, was AoC. I don't recall it being as bad as people say. The game wasn't broken for me. I just recall a few quests in Tortage that were bugged. Atleast for me, it was nothing major.

So far in TSW, I haven't come across any issues with combat, missions, cutscenes, graphics, etc...

It was really bad at launch. Actually there wasn't much wrong with Tortage really. It was later areas of the games that were jacked and initial game design issues. Not going to get into it though because you could go on forever about the amount of issues that game had. Don't want to derail the thread. It does look like they learned from the experience which is good to see.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

With GW2 less than 2 months away, I can't justify buying this and trying it with a subscription fee.

Wish you all a great time thou. :-)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I'm having a blast. I'm loving the whole no level no class business. I had zero issues buying the game, logging in and playing. I really feel that the lack of "levels" has me playing the game at a much more enjoyable pace. I'm actually reading quest/books/clues/hints for the first time in a long time and enjoying the organic feel of the questing instead of mindlessly running from hub to hub. 

I really do like the overall feel of this game so far. The skill system is the best I've played to date and I am plain just having a good time. I highly recommend for folks to give this one a shot. 

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by FinnMcCool

I have only had 2 actual problems with the game

1. sometime starting up the game the game isnt in proper full screen it is  full screen but windowed, I can alt and enter to switch it to full screen but then boxes and buttons are out of line (e.g. I have to click above the password box to get the cursor in it) this is remedied by just changing the video settings to something else and back.

2. everytime I quit out of the game it crashes and asks if i want to send a report.

neither of these issues impact my actual enjoyment of the game and im sure what ever causes the problems will be fixed shortly

They fixed that in the patch today. Both issues I believe. I was having them also. 

• Crunchy22Crunchy22 Member Posts: 51
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

It was really bad at launch. Actually there wasn't much wrong with Tortage really. It was later areas of the games that were jacked and initial game design issues. Not going to get into it though because you could go on forever about the amount of issues that game had. Don't want to derail the thread. It does look like they learned from the experience which is good to see.

I remember seeing the screenshot of the AoC launch that showed a player stat for energy weapons...a stat out of anarchy online...not sure if it was shopped but that game had content issues game engine issues and client based issues all at the same time.

They did well sticking the TSW game engine into AoC years before TSW was ready.

Originally posted by Praetalus

They fixed that in the patch today. Both issues I believe. I was having them also. 

Unfortunately though doesn't look like they fixed most of the quest issues. Although the MiB one appears to have been fixed. This could lead to some frustration for players if they have a significant influx upon launch. Not a huge thing but was hoping they would get this resolved before the end of head start. Not looking like it will though.

They did make a lof of other fixes though. Nice list really overall. Not sure who the hell came up with those respawn timers and designs for some of the quests though. Makes no sense whatsoever.

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

It was pretty good.  I mean it differed from other times for me.  It's not always like this.

I'd say the particular cheese I used today with the ham was excellent.  Although the ham was cut kind of thick.  All in all, a pretty good sandwich.  8/10.  

Oh.....you said launch.

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I rated great

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

No crashes, problems, etc.

There were 2 buggy quests I encountered out of the maybe 100 or so I've done so not too bad.

I petitioned a GM for one of them which took about 40 minutes and a lovely polite non-copy paste answering GM came to the rescuse and helped resolve the quest for me.   

So over all, I'm quite impressed with the 'pre-launch' so far.  Everything seems stable, no lag, no game breaking bugs (that I've encountered).  

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by Orphes
    Originally posted by aesperus

It's interesting that noone seems to be mentioning that they've already had 2 major downtimes on a 3day head start (totalling ~8hours down). Not to mention, the game still has bugs from closed beta.  Gear loadout still doesn't work right, some of the boss encounters bug out on occasion, some of the major quests are still bugged in certain dimensions (cerberus seems to have it the worst). The launch isn't bad, but I see a lot of people with rosy glasses over what is essentiall a paid beta.

Rift had a smoother launch, so did TOR, hell, most of the AAA games in the past few years have had smoother launches. It's definitely a lot better than AoC's, but that doesn't make it a good launch.

Considering they advertised 4h for patch but it did not even take 2h for one of them I would say that while you are not wearing rosy glasses you are just making the same ignorant post as done with every game, and every launch already.

Why not form your opinion based on your actual experience instead of conlcusions made from others?

I assume it have bugs, even if I never seen for instance boss encounters yet, hence any bugs there is not problematic for me... How about you, honestly? (You did not have any problems with them patching the game otherwise you would not have stated 8h downtime.)

Yes, ignorant, like saying it's not still offline now (and has been for over 4hours). And no, this is not done w/ every game, and every launch. Reason I bring this up, is because I see a lot of people giving free passes out for issues with this game.
    People much like yourself.

My issue is this. One, there are people that are claiming that this game is 'bug-free'. Claiming such to the extent as to call people who mention that there are bugs 'liars'. I'm glad you aren't one of them, but it doesn't change the fact that they are there. Secondly, the game is launched. Beta is over. We are now out of the 'headstart period'. A headstart is not a beta, it's early access to what is supposed to be a finished game. I expect MMOs to have downtime. Hell, I expect new games to have bugs. I do not expect a new AAA game to be down for 2 of the 3 days of a headstart. I do not expect a new AAA game to still have the majority of the bugs that were mentioned over a month ago in closed beta. Bugs they fixed, and then reintroduced into the game. Is this launch better than Age of Conan's? Absolutely. But to pass this launch off as a stellar launch is very much a joke. I don't want to see this become the new standard of what's acceptable with MMOs. I'd rather see games getting better, not see us settling for worse.

Again, I'm glad they are working to improve the game. However, that doesn't mean that these things shouldn't have been taken care of before release. It's no different then people who praise TOR for implementing features now that should've been implemented months ago.

I misread you initially, 6h or 8h is not the point. Now there have been 3 patches about issues they perhaps should have known about earlier.

Edit: One thing that I should have mentioned aswell. There have been some questions in general about quests,  the answer have been they are bugged but they realised that they did not really follow the quest.

One example would be the raven quest. 

The assumption made from reading (and using) others experience is that this/that quest is bugged aswell. Instead of thinking "hey, perhaps I have not done what I am supposed to do". And one easy way to fall into that is to listen to others instead of just go by one selfs experience on things.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• thorntonthornton Member Posts: 60
    Pre release? I fired up my closed beta client today, updated a bit and have been playing. I see that it launches tomorrow but I won't be playing. If I am in the release client right now then it does seem pretty smooth though.
  • GargolaGargola Member Posts: 356

So far, great launch.  tastes my differ, so i'll rate my overall technical experience.

I had one crash when clicking a link for a huge image inbedded on the forums, on the ingame browser.  other than that, i've used the browser extensively, with no issues.  i'd live for it to have a favorites tab.

2 bugged quests for me, Men in Black Vans and Taking the purple, I'm told i could have bypassed the taking the purple bug by moving to a differnet instance, but it was late and i was tired after figuring out an investigation mission that a ton of people report as bugged, but simply it's hard... unless you actually thinck and consider what the game allows you to do, and the mission elements given.

Quests, the way they are designed, story, options in them... quite cool, specially investigation ones (i see vlaims of those being bugged a LOT, however upon exchanging words with the "bugged" quest person the vast majority of those claims are merely people that just are not actually considering the hints and trying to solve them, or just haven't figured out the clues and hints)

Those are the issues i've had.  I run on a Win 7 64bit system, with some quad core AMD proc and a Nvidia 520 GPU, the game runs much better than i had expected with that card, PvE and PvP.  i'd say it runs better in pvp, but that's due to the optimisation added for that purpose.

I love the setting, but a setting and an idea are different from the actual implementation of them.  So far, i really like it, if the experience continues like this all the way, for me, it's a BIG winner.

Cash shop offers no pay to win options, in fact i might end up buying some stuff from there, cause it's cool but not forced nor advantage giving. Can't believe i'm saying this, but i'm expecting to see what more they add that might be cool to have :P

So far i'd rate it somwhat at 8.5 - 9 out of 10.  My biggest citique would be the Character Creation, however, once ingame, somehow, it stopped bothering me (still would want a lot more options) possibly due to the tons of clothing i've been able to get, and not crossing paths with characters that just look like mine (unless using the reward uniform... that is, or the FB based bonus clothing sets)

• xxlilDevilxxxxlilDevilxx Member UncommonPosts: 245

How can you rate? This game does not even launch yet.

So far from early access its been good but there are only a small amount of people getting into early access (weekend -> ppl going out, didnt preorder...etc)

Wait til tomorrow to see (may crash the server)

• MithsMiths Member Posts: 12

It's arguably been the best first ~20 hours I've had in any of the 25+ MMOs I've tried over the last decade. Modern world setting (I'm rather fed up with fantasy, and while I love sci-fi it's still a puzzlingly rare theme in MMOs), fantastic atmosphere, great story, lore and quests.
    Even the combat - which was initially a turn off for me in the first of the two beta weekends I played - has really been growing on me, both in terms of the active gameplay as well as planning future builds around weapon and ability synergies.

The only real annoyances so far have been three or four bugged quests I couldn't finish (supposedly some people have finished them, but that involved grouping up and loading into other dimensions to try to find one where the quest hadn't bugged out - so far I haven't felt like bothering with that).

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

I wasnt waiting for TSW, much more hyped for GW2. But I've got a key from winning a contest and let me tell you, I'm very impressed with this game. It feels fresh, fun, has great atmosphere and quality graphics, story, voice overs. I'm playing in 3D Vision 2 and this is by far the best looking S3D game on market. Voted "Great"

• RockhideRockhide Member Posts: 155

Just wanted to throw in that I filed a petition for a couple of bugged quests (Taking the Purple and Life Imitating Art in the Savage Coast region) and had it answered in about two hours by an actual person who handled it very politely and professionally  -- not 48 hours later with a message from a Customer Service Droid. 

Can't even come close to speaking for all issues and all GMs obviously, but in this case for me it was as good a customer service experience as I could expect from a game at launch.

• Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Member CommonPosts: 287

Thanks for creating this. I'm still considering getting the game...but looking at the results I'm wondering if they're a bit skewed. People who had mixed or negative reactions from the betas wouldn't be playing now.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Poison_Adele

Thanks for creating this. I'm still considering getting the game...but looking at the results I'm wondering if they're a bit skewed. People who had mixed or negative reactions from the betas wouldn't be playing now.

Lol yeah, so many positive reactions in this thread that I thought I'd accidentally ended up on the GW2 forums image

But the next few days will be interesting, as the usual suspects will buy the game and dive in "at launch", having no clue what the game is all about.