Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Zombie MMOFPS

mock0mock0 Houston, TXPosts: 19Member

Ok, so with zombies being a heavy demand, I was wondering if they would make a Zombie Survival mmofps?

I think DayZ Mod for Arma2 has a good concept and almost good look but obviously it's not satisfying as a ground up made game with good mecahnics and animations.

Zombies have usally been like a mode or campign aka L4D, call of cuty zombies and etc. I want a semi scarey Zombies survival mmofps.

Not another stupid apoclypse RPG game.

I think the devolper should take key features and concepts from DAYZ mod ZombieU, and even Left4D

Features in the game would be like

-MMO open world with zombies and players all pvp with some zones being safe zones. 

-Scavaging for items and etc

-Being in this world is not safe and scarey

-The more attention you bring the more zombies you bring

-Barricading houses and defending them, camping out in them with teamates to take off zombie attention

-creating cetin structures like outpost

and etc etc, you get the picture of a true zombie survival horro mmofps feel.

What are yall thoughts and do you know of any Zombie mmofps projects going on atm?

Comments

• blognorgblognorg Roseburg, ORPosts: 643Member

You can check out this game. It's called Class4. It may not quite be what you have in mind, but I think it's worth checking out. It may only be of the Xbox 360, but I'm not sure. It's the only zombie MMO that I know of right now, though.

• tkobotkobo Dunellen, NJPosts: 465Member
  • blognorgblognorg Roseburg, ORPosts: 643Member
    Originally posted by tkobo

http://www.thedeadlinger.com/info

I never heard of that. It looks pretty cool.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member

Personally i play MMOs for co-op combat & progression. It is hard to imagine how progression will work in a survival zombie game.

• Asuran24Asuran24 St. pual, MNPosts: 517Member
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Personally i play MMOs for co-op combat & progression. It is hard to imagine how progression will work in a survival zombie game.

Actually could work pretty well based on how you look at progression really. Look at movies like dawn of the dead and such where you need to resupply your base of opperations, and also scout out for ammo or material for keeping your gear up to date and such. The progression could be just imcreasing your possision in the structure of the place thru using thigns you find to produce needed or wanted items for people. Also being up higher or in the graces of higher up people in the base could lead to better gear, transport. Add in that youcould also make things like actually being able to control your charactr after being infected and going rogue kinda, maybe go alittle resident evil with gaining upgrades to your infection based on who or how well off a target you kill is.

• EdeusEdeus Stamford, CTPosts: 506Member
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Neriusseldon, how many more topics and discussions and threads do we need to have before you will consider a survival horror mmo?

While the OP is talking about a zombie MMOFPS, I feel this thread is relevant:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/345457/page/2

Just a small discussion on a survival horror mmo

Just a Just a small discussion on a survival horroj

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent