Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Repopulation - This really could be what we've been looking for.

2»

Comments

• ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176

I just watched the trailer. The game looks interesting. I'll give it a try when it comes out.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

RPO and Pathfinder Online are bringing sandbox goodness. The wait will be interminable though.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by ignore_me

RPO and Pathfinder Online are bringing sandbox goodness. The wait will be interminable though.

What's RPO?

• BloodnokBloodnok Member UncommonPosts: 75

The Kickstarter campain has hit the first stretch goal with only a couple of days left. If we can get it up to $40k, we'll get defensive turrets that you can actually mount and shoot from. How awesome would that be?

• AtheenahAtheenah Member Posts: 58

Personally, i prefer NGE to pre-cu any day, but i think TRP is THE next sandbox to look forward to and i too decided to back it.

• eykosurfeykosurf Member Posts: 14

Impressive to see they've made over $40k with Kickstarter.  If anything, I hope that draws in a few larger investors.

I like what they've done so far.  First, they're creating a sandbox (even if they're calling it a hybrid), and secondly, they're using a sci-fi theme.  We need another fantasy themepark in this market like a hole in the head.

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84

this might be good till archeage and world of darkness comes out

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Tbh unless I see it I won't believe that it is good and that it won't be next DFO, MO or Xsylon pulled on me.

Undefiananced, understaffed, underdeveloped project that tried to overachiveve by making this big ambitious feature-rich game?

Besies don't they have some sort of freemium business model?

Kinda insta-no and deafeat the purpose for sandbox - at least for me.

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

SWG vet here. I have 50 bucks to burn, but first answer me this:

In what direct manner is this game similar to pre-cu SWG? Please hit me with side-by-side comparisons.

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

whooh, there are a lot.

-Skill based progressions

-player housing

-player furniture

-player buildings

-Big open zones

-sci-fi theme

-complex crafting and resource gathering that relies on quality of mats for end result

-Space coming sometime after launch

...and many many more

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

Thanks for the reply. Yet this fails to convince me. From what I understand housing will be in player cities only. No remote retreats.

It's the little things that made SWG special (aside from being set in the SW trilogy).

*will there be camp sites allowed anywhere in the wilds (big one for me as a role player)?

*will said camp sites protect from agro and be organic in their materials (ie. able to harvest said materials in the wilds)?

*is there a true scout/ranger like profession thats not about PVP combat?

*will there be 'black bars' on your HAM?

*will there be genuine social-hubs, like bars that have entertainers that are REQUIRED to heal mind-type wounds of players?

*will there be a skill "tree" that you can climb that is similar to the SWG one graphically (one of the things that was neat in SWG was watching the skills go up on the 'tree')?

*will there be mounts that don't disappear when you dismount them (or you don't pop on when called)?

*Will there be a farmer profession (ok I'm reaching now - this profession was in alpha SWG in 2002 but got out-voted in favor of the Chef profession, but I've always wanted to raise Tatooine cattle!).

*can you drop items in your house?

*is there a merchant profession?

*again, are there TRUE non-combat professions that are genuinely needed?

When they say that you will be able to progress separately from combat what does that really mean? All mmorpg's feature this to an extent. Will these non-combat professions be full-blown professions or just a crafting trade skill?

No one can seem to give me a straight answer, and lets face it - most of the attention this game is getting is from pre-cu SWG fans, so if they don't fully impress us their game will fail. Hope they understand this. And for the game to truly succeed they will have to do more than just regurgitate Koster-esque features - they will have to evolve them too.

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195
    +1

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

This game will unfortunately crumble under the unrealistic expectations put on this glorified hobby project.

I am not bashing it. Hell, I am a Kickstarter backer of this, but please tune down your expectations or you will get burned.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    I don't know, I would support it but I just can't trust any more indie MMO devs without seeing some evidence that they can produce more than a POS.
  • jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679
    I have donated as well. these guys loved SWG so it's worth taking a look at. I'm impressed this is the updated hero engine. not to be off-topic, I guess BW really did get the alpha. This looks great TBH.

• rottNrottN Member Posts: 161

This was the best "wall of text" ive red on this forum so far.. well written mate.

I for one will be looking into this game.

thx