Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would you keep playing GW1?

Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201

i still have this game on my comp and play time to time when i'm bored

i see less and less players but still enought for JQ or some G vs G, i see no one in AvA wich is sad

i dont want to stop playing GW1 because for me its still a good game , old for sure but still a good game

so guys would you keep playing GW1 or only focus on GW2?

Comments

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

I was never really interested in GW1, tried it again a couple of month ago and it was still "meh" to me. It's not a MMORPG.

So the answer to your question would be "no" for me.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by Tonin109

i still have this game on my comp and play time to time when i'm bored

i see less and less players but still enought for JQ or some G vs G, i see no one in AvA wich is sad

i dont want to stop playing GW1 because for me its still a good game , old for sure but still a good game

so guys would you keep playing GW1 or only focus on GW2?

Well I'm almost done with playing GW1...almost 50/50 and almost GWAMM

If I have those achievements what else is there to do?

I bet that at GW2 launch you won't find enough ppl to do JQ,FA or GvG...Pve will still be very much accesible... 

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Didn't like GW1 too much during it's prime time so I only played it for short time. Bought Nightfall and EotN shortly after GW2 BWE1 to unlock some HoM points, getting close to being able to craft a destroyer bow which would bring my total to 16 points and I probably won't play it much after that because I still don't like the game enough to keep me playing when GW2 is out.

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    I haven't really touched the game after getting 30/50 hom on second account. I played since a few months after launch, and now I'm at the point where I've done everything there is to do, and bored with the game. Not bored in a bad way though,I still feel it's a great game, but feel like I've finished it, played enough. :)

I do usually hop back for the holiday events though, and would guess a lot do the same, even after gw2 launches.
  • megera23megera23 Member UncommonPosts: 239

Nah, ~2500 hours of GW1 are about as much as I can stomach. Love the game, but I can play it only for so long.

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

I was never that impressed with GW1. Probably because I never really understood what was going on. I'll keep it installed and will probably look in every now and then but it's not a game I put much time into and I don't see that changing.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i wont uninstall it from my PC that's for sure
    i plan to log in every holiday event though, esp to get missed holiday hats/masks

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

I won't unistall GW1 either. When nostalgia settles in I will visit Tyria 250 years in the past.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

No clue, we will just have to wait and see. Not this autumn though, that time is dedicated GW2 time.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

I stopped playing GW several months ago. Since I've achieved what I wanted to for GW2, I don't see myself coming back at all.

• ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128
    I spent a lot of time on the game between 2006-2008.
    Since then I've kind of stopped playing it. Every now and then I login for nostalgia's sake, but being already familiar with most game mechanics, it doesn't hold my attention at all.

So no I won't keep on playing it since I've already kind of stopped.
    I don't even care about the hall of monuments enough. It's just not worth me going back and grinding for days for some crap achievement.
  • ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157

On second thought: I would still play the extend content of Guild Wars: Beyond when they update it

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• V1kN1kV1kN1k Member UncommonPosts: 27

my answer is yes!!! Will keep playing, still got loads of things to finish ^^   3000hours here since 2006

DMC

• SeleniteSelenite Member UncommonPosts: 38

Only play gw1 now to help out guildies or clear out storage for guild giveaways.

Will I play gw1 on my own after gw2 lounch? Nope!

But I might go do FoWSC or any other SC if we make a guild event out of that.

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392

Only played just over 300 hrs now and still a lot to do so will play up to GW2 release at least.

Still need to be able to link my GW1 account to my GW2 account for the HoM achievements so until they give us a way to do that I don't feel any great incentive to play as much as I could.

• friednietzfriednietz Member Posts: 118

It may be hard to abruptly stop logging in after so many years. It'll take a while but gradually as I play GW2 longer my GW1 playtime will decrease to just holiday/event visits.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I didn't care for GW1 when it came out. Being so heavily instanced made me not play it. It's a well done game and it shows its age now, but it's not for me. I only bought it after GW2 first beta weekend, so that I could unlock items for GW2 from the Hall of Monuments. I have my 30/50 now so I doubt I ever touch the game again.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Ya I kinda hate the game. I know my wife and I don't could at least to the HoM. But I dislike it so much I won't spend a few weeks to do that. GW2 here I come.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I've played GW1 to death. I probably won't play it again whether I stick with GW2 or not. Clocked up well over 1500 hours though. I class it as the second best online RPG I've ever played (Asheron's Call being the first).

GW1 and GW2 are very different games though. I'd even go as far as saying that the hardcore crowd in GW1 probably won't like GW2 long term at all.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

My interest in GW1 started to decline last year around May.

Still log in from time to time but the PvE isn't challenging anymore, even on the untweaked account.

10000 hours is quite a good return for the money invested.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• KelenekiKeleneki Member UncommonPosts: 32

I'm "playing" Guild Wars right now, with my toon in Presearing.  I'm going to get that toon LDoA the original way ... by death leveling.  Another hour or so and I will start killing those leveled up Charr.  Then I'll roll a Charr (Guardian I believe) at the start when Guild Wars 2 rolls around at the end of August.  :p

As far as after Guild Wars 2 launches, I will probably fire up Guild Wars now and then for nostalgia's sake.

Best regards.