Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rate your launch experience

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
Just answer the poll in all honesty, so people interested in the game get a good idea what tonexpect. And if your experience is not that good, please explain why.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

I'm low key so Good is high praise from me. So far the game has been stellar, the community could use a lot of work.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Terronte

I'm low key so Good is high praise from me. So far the game has been stellar, the community could use a lot of work.

Thats how i rated it too, except for 2 ctd,s the game was rock stable this weekend, my only point of criticisme, after 3 days i still havent found my Dargon starter faction quest

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

After 3 mmo's and 14 years, Funcom finally learned how to release a game smoothly.  Right up there with Rift's launch imo.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Actually, this is early access, not the official launch. I might get worse then. The question is, is the majority of players already in, or is there a mass of people who will only get on release?

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

I rated it good. I got hung up on the character select screen a few times Friday. But I relaunched a few times and got in. No big deal. Also the in-game store was up then down a few times, and preorder items took a good amount of time to arrive in inventory. They are very minor issues but kept my vote to "good" instead of "great".

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Actually when I started to vote and remember other launches I've experienced this must be best ever. Because I could log in right away and start playing without any crashes or lags. Rift launch was great but it had it's problems with lag. SWTOR ran smoothly but there were several hour queues and several crashes. AoC and VG had crappy launch and other MMOs I've bough month or two after launch to have a bit better experience.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

I voted good but I probably wouldn't have given Rift or TOR any higher marks so its right up there with those games.

I have my issues with TSW but I have to give Funcom marks for a excellent start.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

I rated it as Good just due to the fact that the months I had in CB and this early pre-launch, so I am really basing it off of my CB experience.

I usually wait a month or 2 before I review any mmo I intend to play after it has been officially released. There is a thing called the 'Honeymoon Effect' when it comes to new games for me which you can make any mmo the one and only.

But so far so good, I am glad that I see a huge improvement from CB though. I did go with the TLS as a gamble, I guess I will know if I got my moneys worth 12 months from now.

Playing TERA and TSW is very difficult, especially when you want to play one over the other as well. It's great though, however both being so different and unique from one another. At least I will be busy this entire year when it comes to my mmo gaming.

• Carrotsan85Carrotsan85 Member Posts: 39

If you want a full explanation why it didn't met my expectations follow the link below and search for my username: Carrotsan85.

http://www.amazon.com/So-glad-could-cancel-pre-order/forum/Fx25C9IROX17Y65/Tx2GBSV8CP4PYXW/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B006ZPAXYW

In addition, the PVE maybe somewhat good in terms of the storyline and its eye catching power, but I feel it'll become another d3.  It'll run out of contents really fast.  Trust me I could finish one whole map area's quests in about a day and I work full-time as well so, that says something.  Not to mention you can farm your skills points through repeating the instance quests and doing repeat quests.  So, that's that.  I can't say any further.  Oh, btw the PVP ain't great.  Everyone looks the same.  I know the company wants to prevent the server from lagging by loading up lesser files, but I would rather have a different costume.  If WoW can do it without lag so, can they.  PVP zazz level ain't that great as well.  Total boredom.  It's like farming in D3 for uniques and you'll fall asleep in front of your computer in less than 10 mins. while, doing it.

• ashleymorrowashleymorrow Member Posts: 176
    Originally posted by Terronte

My thoughts as well!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Sybnal

After 3 mmo's and 14 years, Funcom finally learned how to release a game smoothly.  Right up there with Rift's launch imo.

This! Absolute smooth launch!

Servers even opened up early.

Funcom indeed finally learned how to launch an MMO.

• Carrotsan85Carrotsan85 Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Sybnal

This! Absolute smooth launch!

Servers even opened up early.

Funcom indeed finally learned how to launch an MMO.

smooth launch doesn't implies that game is good.  Still some bugs left over from what i heard.

• RattsRatts Member Posts: 48

Great launch, especially by Funcom standards.  Any studio would be proud of how stable this has been.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

My wife really wanted to play this game, so I bought it to play with her. Far be it from me to discourage my wife's MMO playing...no matter how craptastic the game is. That being said, after forcing myself to play for about 8 hours, I have come to enjoy ASPECTS of the game.

The combat is HORRID, and I don't see it growing on me. the character creation is VERY lacking. But, the quests, after the first few unbearably long and boring cutscenes, are the best in the Themepark MMO space, hands down. Great stories, the puzzles are solid and actually make you think. The quests are also varied enough where you don't feel like you are playing a game, such as Rift, where you run up to a hub, bang out all the quests in the area, then run to the next hub without reading a single of one of them. Reading and listening to the quests in TSW actually help you complete them...how novel!

Here's what I rate within the games I play:

Combat: 4

Quests: 10

Crafting (think Minecraft): 7

Immersion: 7

Overall rating: 7 (Good)

If only the combat was better...

Joined - July 2004

• colzjekcolzjek Member Posts: 2

I`ll rate the launch very good. Only minor, minor problems. Looking forward to get deeper into the game.

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by remyburke

I can see how you're a combat expert because you've played a few hours in the game.

My guess is that you don't have a clue about how combat really is or you would have mentioned the outer tree synergies between weapons and the mind boggling complexity needed to make a good build after you leave the training areas.

People who think they're facerolling now are going to be crying in a corner then they run into a brick wall with their "button mashing" and have to scramble to figure out what they're doing wrong.. standing around wondering why they can't even kill a solo even con mob.

The "horrible combat" rumor will keep spreading until people actually get to where thinking in combat matters and those who keep playing will be glad they did.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Originally posted by Dakirn

I can see how you're a combat expert because you've played a few hours in the game.

My guess is that you don't have a clue about how combat really is or you would have mentioned the outer tree synergies between weapons and the mind boggling complexity needed to make a good build after you leave the training areas.

People who think they're facerolling now are going to be crying in a corner then they run into a brick wall with their "button mashing" and have to scramble to figure out what they're doing wrong.. standing around wondering why they can't even kill a solo even con mob.

The "horrible combat" rumor will keep spreading until people actually get to where thinking in combat matters and those who keep playing will be glad they did.

whoa whoa settle down there. i was merely stating an opinion. i never said i was an expert, but to me, the combat just feels very clunky and boring.

Joined - July 2004

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    Originally posted by Dakirn

whoa whoa settle down there. i was merely stating an opinion. i never said i was an expert, but to me, the combat just feels very clunky and boring.

I agree and these awesome synergies everyone keeps touting just leads to fotm builds.  why would anyone  choose an ability that didnt exploit a weakness?

the mind boggling complexity is all sophistry

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• MouthMouth Member Posts: 113

I don't think there will be FOTM here, the game requires too much adaptability (diff builds for diff eccounters/strategies) at end-game, i know - it's a novel concept to MMOs, and this is what makes TSW so awesome. IMO tsw has the best (combat) system to date in AAA MMOs.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Ones of the best launches I have ever been a part of... (Early access laucnhes)

The only issue i had was that I had to wait an hour and a half for my pre-order items.. no big deal really lol..

Other than that not a single issue, server went up and I logged in straight away and created a cahracter.

This rates up there with the best launches I have seen.. and considering its funcom im stunned LOL :)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Carrotsan85

smooth launch doesn't implies that game is good.  Still some bugs left over from what i heard.

A couple of bugs but thats to be expected from an MMORPG, I dont think any MMORPG out there has so bugs..

Its true a smooth launch does not make a good game... but TSW is probally the best themepark out there at the moment and for some time by the looks of it..

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I rated it great, despite my problems with their less than stellar patcher. The quests are for the most part fun, the atmosphere is unbelieveable, and the combat does rise in complexity as you spend more points and unlock new abilities.

I don't think I've ever exclaimed, "What the FUCK IS THAT?!?", so many times when spotting a new foe as I have playing this game, and I'm not even out of Kingsmouth yet. The atmosphere is just that good. For the first time in an MMO, I actually get a bit nervous when the screen shakes and some unfathomable monstrosity roars nearby.

Great pre-launch, and a solid game experience so far.

• ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Dropped from Great to Okay due to the temporay angst caused by 3 bugged guests (2 investigation, 1 faction - wouldn't care otherwise) and the game refusing to save my keyboard shortcuts permanently (have to re-define them every time I start the client). Otherwise stable as a rock, good perf, lots of fun.

EDIT: story->investigation
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Just answer the poll in all honesty, so people interested in the game get a good idea what tonexpect. And if your experience is not that good, please explain why.

Maybe once the game has actually, officially launched tomorrow, you can give people that play it a day or two, then ask them to take part in the poll

Or you could change the title of your OP and ask people to rate the preorder headstart....

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486

Ran into some bugged quests and combat was laggy at times, but overall, didn't encounter anything major.  Game is fun, but it seems like you really need to invest a lot of time before the interesting possiblities open up.