Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

TSW or resub to SWTOR or read a book?

Comments

• Tawn47Tawn47 LincolnPosts: 512Member

Read books until GW2 arrives...   ;)

My recommendation (since people seem to be doing this) is the author Robin Hobb..    very good fantasy fiction.

• silvermembersilvermember saint paul, MNPosts: 531Member
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

The Secret World is like a book, without having to read a book.

Don't let the negativity of the rubes on this forum tell you otherwise.

and don't let fanboys blinded by their fanboy love tell you otherwise. If you have to ask such a question it probably means read a book. Also by the time you get bored reading tsw might be f2p.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ BoogalululuPosts: 636Member
    Originally posted by silvermember
    Also by the time you get bored reading tsw might be f2p.

Made me lol. Thanks. :)

• Sameer1979Sameer1979 ParisPosts: 362Member
    Originally posted by slowpoke68
    TSW sounds interesting to me and a lot of people seem to really like it.  I liked SWTOR but only played for about 45 days then got burned out...rolled a ton of alts and never finished any of their story lines.
    Trying to decide if I should just take a flier on TSW, give SWTOR another go...or my other option which was my original plan, was to take all of July off from gaming to get caught up on my pleasure reading.  Just picked up The Covenant by James Michener at the library yesterday.

I play TSW and read books too, it is quite possible to do the same. Currently i am trying to finish all books by Paulo Coelho. Currently reading The winner of solitude.

• 7star7star SeoulPosts: 405Member
    Originally posted by Slampig

I am confused, like, when you game, is that it? Nothing else? I game, playing 5 or so different games at the moment and I am also reading about 7 books as well. 

Multitasking.

Same here.

• SumterSideSumterSide Chicago, ILPosts: 31Member

Read A Game of Thrones

It's better written, more engaging, easier to follow and doesn't cost $15 a month.

• MephsterMephster Tyria, NJPosts: 1,188Member

Can't go wrong with reading books.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Jacksonville, FLPosts: 984Member Uncommon

Book it up, man.

I recommend the Malazan Book of the Fallen series from Steven Erikson.  Great storyline(s), memorable characters.  Can't go wrong.  Enjoy!

• slowpoke68slowpoke68 Chicago, ILPosts: 413Member Uncommon

Wow, I expected a lot more pros and cons of SWTOR resub and TSW feedback...but you never know where I thread will go :)  Thanks for all the reading recommendations, always on the look out for something new I wouldn't have otherwise thought to try.

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade PHILADELPHIA, PAPosts: 275Member

TSW is a lot of fun to me, some people get different mileage from the game I like it. I just finished reading "The Conquest of Gaul" by Julius Ceaser very good read, now back to sci fi and the Gaunts Ghost's series from Warhammer 40k, then back to War and Peace I promised myself I would read that this summer.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir The Deep Woods, NJPosts: 1,698Member Uncommon

read a book for sure. Or watch some paint dry. Either would be a far better time than your other options.

• MattDaddy10MattDaddy10 Arcadia, FLPosts: 30Member

Unfortunately SWTOR is DEAD until the freemium model for it rolls out. TSW is great. I played the betas and will be playing it all this month for sure. The only problem I have with TSW is it feels like a single player game sometimes. But I'm hoping that will change as I get deeper into it. A regular book that I have been reading is the Barnes and Noble HP Lovecraft leather bound collection, it is fantastic. As far as a interactive book, LOTRO is still a great game that feels like you are inside a novel and I still play it.

• BoldynBoldyn PartillePosts: 265Member
    Originally posted by imahayhead

TSW looks like it will be a fail game

Based on what exactly? You're just another tit...man I am sick of people like you. Think you know everything but in reality you are clueless

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Fort Wayne, INPosts: 237Member
    Originally posted by Tawn47

Read books until GW2 arrives...   ;)

My recommendation (since people seem to be doing this) is the author Robin Hobb..    very good fantasy fiction.

But not the Soldier Son series, I would say.  Unless you like reading books where nothing happens to the protagonist except for his constantly being shit upon.  It wasn't depressing so much as just... dreary.

Personally, I've got to put a few books on my list as well.  I just realized the other day that I've never read Fahrenheit 451, for instance.

• tank017tank017 Glendale, CAPosts: 2,192Member

I'd say the jury is still out with TSW.The combat,to me,was boring.But the atmosphere/theme was awesome.

ToR? read a book...hell, read the dictionary instead.

• khelbonkhelbon plaquemine, LAPosts: 102Member

You can never go wrong with a good book!

I just finished reading the Hunger Games. Good book and was a good read.

Also maybe look into some of the older D and D books....I still am a huge fan of the Forgotten Realm and Dragonlance books. Just start out with the older ones and you will have tons and tons of reading to do!

• ScarlyngScarlyng Pleasant Hill, CAPosts: 159Member

Book would be my choice.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,757Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sonicbrew

Between those two choices I would personally stick with the book :D

+1

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect CardiffPosts: 1,243Member

I picked up TSW last night so I haven't got far in it yet, about a dozen quests through Innsmouth. It's not a bad game really, but don't.. I really push this point.. DON'T go into the game expecting a typical MMO experience. Play it as a single player game with co-op, otherwise you'll be disappointed. I read a few threads around here stating that it was basically a single player game with co-op and that's the mindset I had going in, so I'm not disappointed. If I'd gone in expecting an MMO I would have quit by the end of the night. It's a good single player game though.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Nooo, AKPosts: 1,781Member
    Originally posted by silvermember
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

The Secret World is like a book, without having to read a book.

Don't let the negativity of the rubes on this forum tell you otherwise.

and don't let fanboys blinded by their fanboy love tell you otherwise. If you have to ask such a question it probably means read a book. Also by the time you get bored reading tsw might be f2p.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!

Insults will prove my point and totally ruin his! lololololololololololololololololoololololololololoololololololololololololololololol.

Jsut because I fucking like a game doesn't make me some kind of a bad person.

• DreddeDredde HaugesundPosts: 28Member

Play TSW its much better then SWtor, the story is much better aswell. I dont know a book that can give me the same enyoument as TSW atleast. I used to play SWtor aswell, but ye its a very poor mmo compared to TSW.

• faxnadufaxnadu HelsinkiPosts: 940Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sonicbrew

Between those two choices I would personally stick with the book :D

yes, i suggest david eddings : diamond throne =)

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

In my opinion TSW is the best themepark game out there at the moment, nothing thats due out this year is going to come clsoe not even GW2..

For me TSW feels fresh and for a themepark MMORPG thats awesome..

I am not the biggest fan of this type of MMO but i think its going to keep me playing for some time..

• fivorothfivoroth LondonPosts: 3,657Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Slampig

I am confused, like, when you game, is that it? Nothing else? I game, playing 5 or so different games at the moment and I am also reading about 7 books as well. 

Multitasking.

Reading 7 books at the same time? I never do that! Not that  I read a lot...most of the books I read are course books :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• NeferaNefera XPosts: 426Member
    My book recommendation would be Flowers for Algernon. I confess that I cried at the end... Such a sad story, but still so great. :)