Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you still playing D3?

Comments

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Stopped playing a couple weeks ago. I don't necessarily regret buying it as I did get between 100-150 hours of gameplay out of it, but it really isn't that great of a game. Only reason I played as long as I did was because I was trying to force out more bang for my buck and had nothing else to play. :(

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

D3 was suppose to be the game that lasted me until GW2 released but it didnt..

This game is a real hunk of junk compared to d2...

Playing GW2..

• Carrotsan85Carrotsan85 Member Posts: 39

One of the reasons why I even got the game mainly was to finish the story line and I thought hopefully that I'll also be able to make a bit of profit, but knowing there's farmers, I stuck more for the story.  I also wanted the pvp ... where is it???!  I'm a story person you can say and a graphics one as well.  D3's story was interesting, but it was somewhat very repetitive and that might as well have added to the boredom.  This game like I said should have been released years ago.  It shouldn't have been held onto, but of course relating to marketing strategy.  Who would want to profit off a box game over having people buy off a sub game?  Am I right?  Lol.

I still plan on getting SC2:HotS regardless, the story is definitely a worthy get.  I love the cinematics and the drama Kerrigan has been thru.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Painlezz
    AH ruined D3 for me. I play HC only so I don't even have RMAH. Game is too easy and drops aren't special anymore. It's all about getting gold to buy better gear. I miss the times when finding a drop was exciting.

Oh, it is still exciting. You just choose to play ez mode and use the AH. It's not Blizzards fault you prefer to take the easy route.

See that button that says "Auction House"? Don't click it!

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Yep still playing heavily. Working on progressing through Inferno on my main, but frankly the difficulty level is a bit too stressful to do all the time so I am also playing other classes.

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

Yup, still play 5-10 hours a week.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

A friend of mine gave me one of his buddy passes to try the game and to be honest, I played one class up to the end of act 1 and have no desire to try the other classes.

I've tried a couple times to play the other classes but I just can't get into it.

There is something about D3 that is different than it's predesessors.  I played D 1/2 for hours on end, but this one just does not grab me like those two did.

*shrug*

So to answer the OP's question; no, I am no longer playing D3.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

Not playing anymore. I moved on to POE since I can actually build a character there. (auramancer templar ftw)

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

I stopped at Act 2 Inferno on hardcore before they nerfed it. No intent on picking it back up. I'm waiting on the next patch for Path of Exile to drop and I'll play that instead.

At least Path of Exile has proper mechanics and doesn't pigeon-hole the classes into specific items and specs to be viable, I mean you can actually customise your shit without being dumped on by every champion pack in the game. Add to that the fact that they actually managed to implement new and interesting mechanics and features and it easily became the successor to D2 that D3 wishes it had been.

Fuck Blizzard and their homogenising mainstream bullshit.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    .. been back to Skyrim for a while now.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

I am still playing it because its perfect for limited time casual gamer.

But its only reason why.

Gameplay is superb excellent, but everything else is just pure fail

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I am playing Skyrim and Mortal Kombat again. Diablo 3 is the first Blizzard game which I gave up after just under a month. And I was a huge D2 fan. I played SC2 for well over 1.5k hours and still go back for some more custom maps or league games. I can even see myself playing even more SC2 once the arcade comes out. And I wasn't a big SC fan either. But SC2 is so damn good. 

At this point I am much more inclined to play WoW than I am to play Diablo 3. And I have played WoW for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long and I've lost track of the crazy number of hours I spent playing it.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• urthal22urthal22 Member UncommonPosts: 108

I have a bunch of friends who bought Diablo 3 at release and the only thing they do now, is look at their account if it wasnt

A) Stolen

B) if they Sold their Items in Real Auction House..

C) Farm some items for a day again to repeat process B

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by gimmesome

nope.   I wanted to play Diablo 3 and have fun, not be forced to be a gold farmer.         

Loot drops are pathic and insulting and there's no reason to play once you get to Inferno unless you are ok with becoming a gold farmer.       This is no exaduration.  In order to get by in Inferno, you HAVE to:

1) re-spec your character to a FOTM build that everyone else will be using (all that "Viability over Optimization" crap was a straight out LIE)

2) re-gear your character with gold find, regardless if that's your interest or not

3) Sometimes (most of the time) be forced to "leave game" and start a new one because some elite-packs spawn that have unbeatable affixes that stand in between you and victory (progression) -- This is by design.  It's a cheap attempt at "difficulty".   Literally, some shit in the game is there just to cause insta-deaths.   

4) No matter what gear you are wearing, there are plenty of ways to get 1-shotted.       No more gratification.  No more feeling like you're character will ever be overpowered, because Blizzard consistantly nerfs anything the players start to do to make the game playable.

5) the point of the game, even clearly explained by blizzard, is to farm elite-packs to get a 5stack goldfinding buff so that you can kill more elite-packs and make more gold so you can buy new gear from the AH.... drops are only there to slow you down, as once your bag is full, you have to stop to vendor it all because it's all TRASH.    All of it.  

6) drops AND crafting supposedly use a RNG (random number generator) --- I do not believe it is truely random, otherwise, you would RANDOMLY get a useful item from time to time...    Nothing random about getting the same useless stats over and over.

7) Every class plays the same once you get to Inferno.  Every elite pack encounter forces all classes to play like a demon hunter.   Run... Run.... shoot.  run run run shoot.  die.    start over.        This is disgusting to try and swallow if you're a melee class who was never interested in the Kiting approach to combat.

8)   BLIZZARD has it's hands in everyone's pocket that plays.    Too much control.   I don't like having to log in and stay connected to my single player game, and even if I did, I don't like that every week, Blizzard decides to nerf something or change the way I'm supposed to do things in my single player game all because they get to decide what's fun and what isn't.     I'm tired of being punished because Blizzard thinks they can stop people that exploit in their own game.   

D3 is ridiculous, and it's not deserving the title of Diablo.       

OP, do the world a favor and support a real dungeon crawler and buy Torchlight 2.

THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!  Everything you say here is so spot on, i cannot agree with you more. Blizzard kinda soiled themselves in my mind, just like Bioware did also this year. Guess the mighty Devs. of old have finally sold out, i will probably never buy another title from either Blizzard or Bioware again.

Anywho D3 is a nice looking coaster at least . . .

Lolipops !

• adis5005adis5005 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by stayBlind

Not playing anymore. I moved on to POE since I can actually build a character there. (auramancer templar ftw)

I still play D3 but waiting for the Open Beta of PoE to start a char, so that they don't delete it, I was intrigued by the new Map system, and it really looks like a great game. I just hope at some time they implement loot like in D3 where everyone gets their own items, if that's not the case I might solo the whole time, since I don't wanna share my shinies.

gimmesome

pretty much everything you said is bullshit, I play a self funded monk ( no AH, just stuff I've found ) and can easly farm A3, and in A1 it's not a problem to tank 2-3 packs of elites at once ( althou getting 3 close to one another almost never happens ). I never have to skip any elites and I play with pretty shitty stats ( 21k dps, 700 all res, 8k armor, 32k hp - thats with my shield, when farming A1 I use dual wield for 26k dps ).

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Bobbie203

I am still playing diablo 3 part time, its a mini part time job for me to farm inferno gears and sell them in real money auction house.

i made a total $322 usd this week so far. I have to thank blizzard alot for real money auction house.

My brother farms inferno gears as well, he made $400+ usd last week. I love diablo 3.

Thank you blizzard for the success of real money auction house, no complaints from me. I dont buy gears with money i just sell them.

yada yada yada

and I made my self over $3500 last week from my real job.  It will be a cold day in hell before I'll be a farmer for Blizz.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Painlezz
    AH ruined D3 for me. I play HC only so I don't even have RMAH. Game is too easy and drops aren't special anymore. It's all about getting gold to buy better gear. I miss the times when finding a drop was exciting.

Are you one of the few person who beat Diablo on HC inferno? Otherwise, I don't know how you can say it is too easy.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Still playing. Just get enough gear to get to the end of Inferno Act 2.

Already have tried 2-3 different wiz build. It is nice that there are more than 1 build that actually works, unlike WOW.

Working on my Monk, having a blast.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Nope.  I lasted 2 days.

The Blizzard staff was hitting the crack pipe a little too hard when they designed this train wreck.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

Originally posted by dave6660

Nope.  I lasted 2 days.

The Blizzard staff was hitting the crack pipe a little too hard when they designed this train wreck.

Dave, if you quit after 2 days, then the problem is you, not Blizzard or their game design.

The primary issues people have with the game are with the highest difficuly Inferno and item drops. The other 3 difficulty levels are fine and so is the gameplay / mechanics. If it doesn't suit you, it's because you don't like these type of hack n slash dungeon crawler type games. The game is far from a "train wreck".

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520

I think most of the people who voted "No" don't even actually own the game.

Statistically I think most people who bought Diablo 3 still do play it weekly.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Yes im still playing. 

Clocked over 180 hours between my 60 Barbarian and Two mid level alts DH and WD. 

I've gotten old friends into the game, we all log in now and most night I roll with 2-3 friends just enjoying the game in mutliple difficulties. 

I have co-workers talking about the game, I got my son and brother into it.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• DonVadimDonVadim Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Valua

I think most of the people who voted "No" don't even actually own the game.

Statistically I think most people who bought Diablo 3 still do play it weekly.

I voted no.

This is my barb http://i.imgur.com/sbNMi.jpg. Tell me a single reason why should i keep playing this game.

Did I enjoy playing the game ? Nope at all. Whole game had less content than random f2p korean grinder while being more grindy than korean grinder itself. Why did I play then ? GW2 and Path of Exile are not out yet. I think that pretty much sums up why anyone still plays this shitty game.

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Originally posted by coxyroxy

So is it hatred against Blizzard or there games? hmm..

I would say its mostly directed at D3 and I can understand why. The "end game" of D3 is grinding elite groups with MF gear....over.....and over.....and over, its awful, at least in wow or other mmo's you get to do that with others and sometimes acctualy have fun in raids, where'as here it REALLY sucks, there is literaly nothing fun about it, and to be honest no challange unless the old D3 roulette wheel decides to spin out a crazy combo mob that unbeatable, than you just make a new game....truely lame.

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby