Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Repopulation Alpha Trailer #1

PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSA3BfJ_hJ4&feature=player_embedded

Alpha Testing has started and here is a new preview trailer just released

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
Playing: Skyrim
Following: The Repopulation
I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

Comments

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Sandbox-FPS-Sci-Fi RPG based on the hero engine, I hope it finds an audience.

imageimage
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I love the concept of this game.

A mix of Darkfall and SWG.........can't wait

• SandaStunnaSandaStunna Member Posts: 101

eww gross combat. reminds me of fallen earth and that fail town sci-fi hype up game earthrise.

from that demo its crafting/building doesn't  look impressive as wurm/xsyon or even archage.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Actually looked pretty good to me, and it really is all about gameplay before graphics in my book.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

going to keep my eye on this title looks interesting.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

already looking good even in this early stage..

Actually shows how good the hero engine can actually be.... Bioware take note..

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

HERO engine ?

omg the worst engine for mmos.....have fun doing massive pvp or sieges if they re will be any lol cause with this crappy engine...GL lol

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272

Looks all very static to me. Wait and see...

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460
    Originally posted by kaguhoO

HERO engine ?

omg the worst engine for mmos.....have fun doing massive pvp or sieges if they re will be any lol cause with this crappy engine...GL lol

What makes it the worst engine for MMOs? Are you using TOR for your reference? If so then please do a little homework and you'll see that TOR flat out bought a concept version of Hero when it was 1st being conceived. You'll also find that Hero warned Bioware that the engine is no where near ready and Hero will not support it. Bioware told Hero that it didn't matter because they have plenty of devs to finish the engine on their own. Hero told them to just sign the check and they're on their own.

Since there are no other MMOs currently out and playable with Hero Engine then you must be only getting your assumption from TOR. TOR's failed engine is all TORs fault, not Hero.

http://www.heroengine.com/2011/11/heroengine-meets-starwars/

• RocSekRocSek Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by Bardus
    Originally posted by kaguhoO

HERO engine ?

What makes it the worst engine for MMOs? Are you using TOR for your reference? If so then please do a little homework and you'll see that TOR flat out bought a concept version of Hero when it was 1st being conceived. You'll also find that Hero warned Bioware that the engine is no where near ready and Hero will not support it. Bioware told Hero that it didn't matter because they have plenty of devs to finish the engine on their own. Hero told them to just sign the check and they're on their own.

Since there are no other MMOs currently out and playable with Hero Engine then you must be only getting your assumption from TOR. TOR's failed engine is all TORs fault, not Hero.

http://www.heroengine.com/2011/11/heroengine-meets-starwars/

This ^

I love when people talk about things and they just have NO idea.

All I heard was... "Well aren't you just a little lolly pop triple dipped in psycho."

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399

It definitely looks like it's in alpha.

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

Looking good.  Good luck with your project; when it comes around I'll definately give it a whirl.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Looks like it has some promise. I'll keep my eye on it.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Looks promising. I'm definetly keeping an eye on this. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft