Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 More months for SW:TOR for me..then..

alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163

Its GW2. Depending on how it goes if I will return to SW:TOR or not. I love star wars much more than fantasy, but SW:TOR just dosen't feel as starwarsy that I wanted. 

sylvari theif for me, first toon. 

(-_-)

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

You don't sound very enthused about TOR. You don't have to keep playing it until GW2, there's nothing that says you must play an MMO whether you are having fun or not image

My sub to it ran out before the weekend and i hadn't logged in for weeks, i'll happily enjoy the summer sun until the end of August.

• alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163

I love Tor and I hate it. I love it because it's star wars and I have two 50's and love PvP even though it is not balanced, and I love the leveling up. Hate the way the end game is just like any other MMORPG. 

(-_-)

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

I'm pretty much still playing it becasue I refuse to go back to WoW and I'm finished most other single player games I'm interested in.

The next couple of months will probably mean I will permently leave it, considering whats on the horizion.  I doubt GW2 will become my, 'main game', but there's a lot of other games coming out and you only ever have so much time in  the day.

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

I got SWTOR to tide me over as well. I liked the first two Old Republic games and a friend wanted me to play this with him. But, Guild Wars 2 has a better combat system and is more immersive for me.

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

I keep reading that they are talking about going F2P for Star Wars. Is that true? I'd start playing but not for a monthly fee. 

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by ForTheCity

I keep reading that they are talking about going F2P for Star Wars. Is that true? I'd start playing but not for a monthly fee. 

No it's not true. It's just people trolling.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Well I plan to stay....for now. However, with the quasi "merging" of servers and the lack of non-repetitve things to do, I am not logging in my higher level characters as much at the moment. I am occasionally logging in lower level characters to level up but once I am done with them I won't have anything "fun" to do.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by Kabaal
    Originally posted by ForTheCity

No it's not true. It's just people trolling.

Actually you had the lead dev say that they were looking hard at free to play, it was posted on massive.  That article was yanked hours later.  I would post the link but it no longer works.

We do know they are going free to play to level 15, that is a fact that can be found on the main forums web page over at swtor.com.

The rest is speculation by players, but I suspect that they will eventually go that route, especially after one of the devs said subscription numbers are a funny thing, that article can be found here on mmorpg.com if you want to filter though all the other stuff in this forum.

I am going to wait and see what happens.  My sub runs out in august, I not logged in since may other than to move my toons of a dead server.

I am not trying gw2, nor tsw I went back to eq2, yes that's right a Sony game.  That expresses how disappointed I was with swtor.  It might be star wars skin but it is a shallow game.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246
    Originally posted by alancode

Its GW2. Depending on how it goes if I will return to SW:TOR or not. I love star wars much more than fantasy, but SW:TOR just dosen't feel as starwarsy that I wanted. 

I just had to pick this out, man.  As an old, Pre-CU/NGE SWG player and seeing how SOE/Lucasarts shoved the NGE down our throats saying "it's not Star Warsy," and seeing this phrase used on SWTOR, brings a great smile to my face.

SWTOR's philosophy as a game was everything that Lucasarts wanted (you are the best hero evar and all that), and stripped away from SWG's original core gameplay.

And to hear about its failures as the most "Star Warsy" MMORPG ever designed is a joyous occasion.

So much money poured into it.  So much hype.  So much hope:  "SWTOR will be the last MMORPG I will ever need!!!"  And its sickliness was a huge kick in the nuts to EA's stocks (and balls).  It's just that BioWare forgot to make an MMORPG, that's all.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by Warmaker

I just had to pick this out, man.  As an old, Pre-CU/NGE SWG player and seeing how SOE/Lucasarts shoved the NGE down our throats saying "it's not Star Warsy," and seeing this phrase used on SWTOR, brings a great smile to my face.

SWTOR's philosophy as a game was everything that Lucasarts wanted (you are the best hero evar and all that), and stripped away from SWG's original core gameplay.

And to hear about its failures as the most "Star Warsy" MMORPG ever designed is a joyous occasion.

So much money poured into it.  So much hype.  So much hope:  "SWTOR will be the last MMORPG I will ever need!!!"  And its sickliness was a huge kick in the nuts to EA's stocks (and balls).  It's just that BioWare forgot to make an MMORPG, that's all.

I agree with that, have you seen the armor some of it is down right silly, and the weapons who designed them a 5 year old.  The only thing that felt star wars like was lightsabers.  Heck they did not even get the ships right. I could see plenty of yt2400 in the ship graveyard on hoth, but the 2400 should not have been available at that time.

This is not the star wars you were looking for,  heck I think star wars lego that my kid plays on her ps2 is more star wars  than swtor.

Not to mention the fact they hired some of soe nge fools to work on the project now.  ONe thing I did not want was the nge v2.0,  however tht is exacly what we got, well some folks think its kotor3 same difference.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

it's the moron star sperg fans that ruined SWG by whining that it wasn't star warsy enough. literally can't have fun unless they have their laser swords to fulfill their manchild fantasies

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by erictlewis
    Originally posted by Warmaker

I agree with that, have you seen the armor some of it is down right silly, and the weapons who designed them a 5 year old.  The only thing that felt star wars like was lightsabers.  Heck they did not even get the ships right. I could see plenty of yt2400 in the ship graveyard on hoth, but the 2400 should not have been available at that time.

This is not the star wars you were looking for,  heck I think star wars lego that my kid plays on her ps2 is more star wars  than swtor.

Not to mention the fact they hired some of soe nge fools to work on the project now.  ONe thing I did not want was the nge v2.0,  however tht is exacly what we got, well some folks think its kotor3 same difference.

Ther is serious continuity problems even within their own art direction. They made many things look close to the era of the movies (and those are the things that look good IMO), and then they have these objects that look like they are supposed to be lower tech, but it just falls flat. If my disbelief is suspended enough to go for lightsabers and suspensors, then I can go for a plateau in technology (and its aesthetics) for a thousand years.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011