Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Will you recommend this game?

I got some good input unfortunatley mmorpg polling functionality doesn't support feature people are asking for.  

I will just update put this poll frequently and the result below.

As of 7/9/2012 

209 Votes:

64%  Will recommend                                           

36% Will NOT recommend

Before you cast your vote: 

Please vote only

• if you are playing the final release version and not casting your vote based on some review or video you watched.  
  • if you have done few instances and completed all the quest in the starting area Kingsmouth.

Thanks

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Comments

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360

Please vote only if you are playing the final release version.  Also once you have done few instances and completed all the quest in the Portsmouth.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Would have been nice if you'd had a poll option to just see the results.  After all....the people who AREN'T playing are more in need of seeing the results than those that ARE.  I've gained nothing from this thread, when I could have at least seen some opinions on recommending the game.  /shrug

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• ChtugaChtuga Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by just1opinion

Would have been nice if you'd had a poll option to just see the results.  After all....the people who AREN'T playing are more in need of seeing the results than those that ARE.  I've gained nothing from this thread, when I could have at least seen some opinions on recommending the game.  /shrug

yep, those that want to see the vote have to vote yes/no to see it and thus the vote becomes useless :p

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

But, since i'm feeling naughty and want to see the results, i'm going to vote yes, because i like everything i've seen so far despite not in early access yet. So, you can discount 1 vote image

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

I am 100% sold on game play,  dark art, story and pace. I spend a lot of time on Beta and not seeing any major bugs yet.  I will recommend this to my work buddies to come over from D3 :-) How about you?

I think your poll is going to lean toward "YES" due to the conditions you placed.  Not tooooo many people are going to have done all of that and then played release. . and not like the game.  Mine was a yes though.

EDIT:  All things being rational of course. . you will get haters and fanbois either way.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

I would recommend this game because so far it's been the best PvE experience and I've played MMOs since Everquest. Investigation missions especially are complete goodness.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Will not recommend this game to any friends. Saw too many bugs, too many graphics problems and the game play was not to my liking.

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

Yep, you are right. If you recommend game to someone, you have to do it with some evidence. But, talking just about TSW, it have good future with it darkish atmosfere and mystery. I played one beta event and I enjoyed every minute of it. Will have to wait and see in couple of months if there is long term future for this mmo.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Voted no because I personally didn't like the system enough to warrent a yes and since there was no middle option or 'check poll' option to look at. Really a bad poll you put up for it since people's opinions vary and not only could it be a 'yes or no' but also the grey area inbetween people might align to. 

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Yes, i already recommended it to friends.

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482

In order for this poll to be taken a little more serious i would suggest that you correct the name of the town to Kingsmouth. 

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Would recommend to RL m8s and clan m8s..

Awesome game so far..

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

I said no, but its not a complete no, if someone was after a game to fill a month or maybe 2 I would say yes to them playing this game, but if they are looking for a long term MMO I would say no.

I am aware all the content can be done as many times as you like but once you have played through an area once going back and doing it again is not fun, this plays like a single player game for me but with grouping for dungeons and pvp.

It still feels a bit disjointed, not as much as SWTOR but the game doesnt feel like a world just a series of zones for you to work through one by one.

• mc00dragonmc00dragon Member UncommonPosts: 5

A definite yes from me. This game actually requires me to use more than one neuron... It's rather refreshing. Most mmo's treat its players like machines. The only thinking they require from us is how to grind most effectively. If you play this game with one neuron only you will hit a wall early on, and hard at that. You'll die badly, again and again all the while flaming the game for improper balancing and overpowered mobs. While the ability wheel gives a lot of choices you actually have to do a lot of thinking in order to create a build that works. The abilities you chose have to complement each other and you have to choose a goal for your build (dps, survival, heal, tank etc.) Its quite fun to experiment with, and once you get used to it you'll love the variety it allows for.

The only gripes I have with the game are the bugs in some of the investigative missions (Initially you'll think something is wrong with your findings, then spend hours searching for alternative answers, then guiltily look at forums feeling somewhat dump, and lastly realize that the quest is bugged). The bugged investigative missions are mostly known by now so you can simply avoid them till they're fixed, there's plenty to do until then). These bugs are not game-breaking, they are annoyances that are quickly forgotten (at least for me). Bugs are really inevitable in a game of this size and complexity, and I believe most will be eliminated within a month. Already a lot of bugs were dealt with on the second day of early access. So if bugs are a problem for you wait a month before buying.

• JindaeJindae Member UncommonPosts: 12

I smell many angry GW2 child trolls came to vote 

• RandaltorRandaltor Member Posts: 6

Best time i have had in a game EVER! I played wow, aoc, rift and swtor, but this game kicks ass!

Single server world - 3 factions :) Asia vs Europe  vs US basically, but you can choose which you like.

Mature community too, you should see the threads on the forum. People go out of their way to make others' playing experince better. Love from me to all of them.

Best graphics and gameplay i have ever seen.

My favorite, The ability wheel. Push one button and be a totally different character! Easy to spec bad, but when you "get it" it's just the best thing to have happened to mmo's in years.

The dungeons are as good as end game raiding in WoW. I did inferno and loved it.  Can't wait to do the next one.  

Updated the top post wtth latest stats.

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

Please vote only if you are playing the final release version.  Also once you have done few instances and completed all the quest in the Portsmouth.

you mean "Kingsmouth"?  i wonder if you've played the game.

• HybridvampyrHybridvampyr Member Posts: 61

I made the mistake of recommending this to my Girlfriend and now she spends more time playing this than she spends with me....This means i have to play more so i can spend more time with her. Its such a hard life!

But yes i have and still am recommending this game to many of my RL friends.

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185

Depends on the type of gamer, but generally yes.

• spookymiaspookymia Member UncommonPosts: 57

I'm from Portsmouth! I better ring my mum and ask her to start looking out for zombies and fog.

Seriously though, I would recommend at least giving this game a try. I'm not a heavily experienced MMO player. I've played City of Heroes, Champions Online, Star Trek Online and All Points Bulletin. I have tried and failed to enjoy Guildwars, TERA, Global Agenda, Age of Conan, Rift, SWTOR.

I gave GW2 a go in beta and really enjoyed it so i'm glad I bought it. I started suffering what they have called on these forums 'The GW2 Effect' where you don't want to log into your old games anymore. At the time my friend was telling me about TSW and I thought it would be a wooden, boring kill 10 lawyers kind of game. Boy was I wrong! GW2 will now be my second MMO because TSW truly captured my imagination. Granted the theme is one of my favourites, but the missions are the most interesting and varied I have experienced, the story and voice acting imho is 10 times more engaging than SWTORs, i've never had as much fun in PvP, the atmostphere is on par with the first Silent Hill games, and I just can't wait to log in each day.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

Yes, but only to a very limited number of gamers. For example, among the 20 or so gamers I know, I would recommend it to 3 of them. I love this game, but I know it's not for everyone. I would certainly recommend to the people I want to play it with and who I think would appreciate it.