Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The Best Part of WOW....

ReallyNow10ReallyNow10 Pile It High Town, LAPosts: 2,010Member Common

The best part of WOW, for me, was leveling.  Once I hit endgame, WOW lost its luster.  (Same with Diablo, btw).

Comments

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz La Puente, CAPosts: 865Member
    Originally posted by ReallyNow10

The best part of WOW, for me, was leveling.  Once I hit endgame, WOW lost its luster.  (Same with Diablo, btw).

To bad they made leveling so quick, The dungion finder and pvp have also taken away from it in some ways. plus the new cataclysm quests are very linear and hub oriented.

I understand why Blizzard did it. Most people are at max level, so giving new players and veterans leveling alts, alternative ways  to level and lower exp thresholds, helps them to level faster and get to where the rest of the players are. Still It does feel different, leveling now days.

• delete5230delete5230 Posts: 2,958Member Uncommon

Blizzard made fast leveling to make sure everyone paid for every expansion as soon as possible.

• MexorillaMexorilla Las Vegas, NVPosts: 313Member

Leveling for sure, before they sped up xp gain.

• fivorothfivoroth LondonPosts: 3,662Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by delete5230

Blizzard made fast leveling to make sure everyone paid for every expansion as soon as possible.

Yes, this is exactly why Blizzard made levelling fast. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• BladestromBladestrom edinburghPosts: 4,942Member Uncommon

On a positive note, TBC expansion - going through that portal for the first time, and being blown away with how it looked and the buzz of the community that had previously been jaded from endless Nax/AQ40 etc.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXPosts: 3,332Member Uncommon

For me the best part of WoW is hanging out with friends.  That's the same with almost every MMO that I've ever played.

• AvanahAvanah Posts: 945Member Uncommon

Best part? Hmmm

I'd have to say /Uninstalling it. No question asked.

13 months WoW-free now. :)

TGIF...Thank God I'm Female

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...
    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

• TuchakaTuchaka san diego, CAPosts: 468Member

...for me it was leaving and knowing i would never come back ever.  I initially played vanilla wow and while it had its issues the...give out gear for free aproach + leveling being a cake walk was the end for me

• ev1lb0bev1lb0b TaurangaPosts: 38Member

The best part for me was quitting the game. No more raiding until 2am 4 nights a week....I got my life back which ended up taking a sideline to Warcrack after 4 years of raiding. Looking forward to Anets offering when it releases so I can still get my MMO fix but on my terms.

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Pvp at tmill. Once they made wow into worl of dungeon crawlers i died for me.