Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Bugged missions - any way to restart?

DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,548Member Uncommon

In savage coast was grouped and doing a side quest "Bring it back" you know the one where you take 10 photos - the thing is when I picked up the camera, it didn't put it my inventory so I can't take any photos.

I want to *restart* this so I can pick the camera up again (I can see it on the ground but I can't pick it up) - how the heck do you restart missions?

Any way to abandon and do over to clear the bug?

Comments

• FraugnutzFraugnutz Colorado Springs, COPosts: 69Member

I dont think you can abandon quests, but you can replace them with other quests then pick them back up after...kind of a pain in the ass I know. Im not completely sure , but in open beta I ran into the same issue at that was all I could do. 

• paroxysmparoxysm Nowhere, INPosts: 437Member
    Originally posted by Fraugnutz

I dont think you can abandon quests, but you can replace them with other quests then pick them back up after...kind of a pain in the ass I know. Im not completely sure , but in open beta I ran into the same issue at that was all I could do. 

Pretty much.  If you look at how quest types are listed, you'll see you need to replace it with another mission of the same type.  Then replace that new one with the original or do the new one and pick up the original one again after.  They've openly said it's intended for players to have a limited number of quests and that won't be changing.  But, with the way quests are designed (one time triggers and time limits) there are a lot of chances for a mission to go wrong.  There needs to be a way to reset, abandon, or overwrite a mission with itself from the quest giver instead of the time wasting process they have for it now.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,548Member Uncommon

Yes many other MMOs give you a choise to abandon quests if you wish to do so - TSW needs this badly when you get a bug like I have. 

Currently the only way to get it fixes is to have a GM reset it - this is a horrible mechanic, as it will only overload their support staff.

Funcom needs to put in a fix soon to give a players a way of abandoning or resetting missions to start.

• SiugSiug TallinnPosts: 1,236Member Uncommon

Put them on pause ie cancel. You can return later to the quest giver and start it again from where you paused it. Had 2 quests bugged yesterday that were working correctly today.

• MMOSavantMMOSavant NuneatonPosts: 170Member

This kind of thing worried me in Beta. I disassembled a shotgun I was given to disassemble before being told to disassemble it, then once I was told to do that of course I couldn't be cause i'd already done it and then had to replace the quest with another and then wait for that quest to become live again, in fact I seem to remember I was locked out of it all weekend, so never did it. In most other games if you do something out of sequence the game realises and skips that part, not this game. Very worrying for later on.

• MMOSavantMMOSavant NuneatonPosts: 170Member
    Originally posted by DMKano

Yes many other MMOs give you a choise to abandon quests if you wish to do so - TSW needs this badly when you get a bug like I have. 

Currently the only way to get it fixes is to have a GM reset it - this is a horrible mechanic, as it will only overload their support staff.

Funcom needs to put in a fix soon to give a players a way of abandoning or resetting missions to start.

I agree, while trying not to imitate other games they could at least keep things which work.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Apopka, FLPosts: 2,059Member
    Originally posted by Fraugnutz

The problem is when you do this it will resume the quest based on what tier you were on last.  I think the Camera one might be a single tier though, so this should be fine.

Raptr link because it's the cool new trend:

• DannyLombyDannyLomby CityPosts: 3Member

Hey guys can anyone help me by chance?

I'm WAS doing the Illuminati "Rogue Agent" mission but with my build I honestly can't get past the final tier.

Has there been any change in the ability to drop missions? I can't quit, nor can I take on a new quest due to the nation of the mission so quite frankly, I'm stuck.

Also I tried logging into the official forums with my game/site creds in order to get GM assistance but its telling me invalid creds. Tried creating new creds for the forum but I got a message saying creds cannot be created.

Please, any and all assistance would be most helpful.

• rpgalonrpgalon canilPosts: 430Member
    Originally posted by DannyLomby

Hey guys can anyone help me by chance?

I'm WAS doing the Illuminati "Rogue Agent" mission but with my build I honestly can't get past the final tier.

Has there been any change in the ability to drop missions? I can't quit, nor can I take on a new quest due to the nation of the mission so quite frankly, I'm stuck.

Also I tried logging into the official forums with my game/site creds in order to get GM assistance but its telling me invalid creds. Tried creating new creds for the forum but I got a message saying creds cannot be created.

Please, any and all assistance would be most helpful.

is it the garage quest? or the one where you have to hunt a guy trough argatha?

anyway, you should be able to use the argatha teleport item to leave the instance and then, you should get any npc quest in any zone, this will pause the quest.

if you want to get it back later, you will find some notes on the table near Kristen (the blond illuminati girl) in the illuminati headquarters, these notes will resume the quest once.

I hope it helps.

Originally posted by rpgalon

is it the garage quest? or the one where you have to hunt a guy trough argatha?

anyway, you should be able to use the argatha teleport item to leave the instance and then, you should get any npc quest in any zone, this will pause the quest.

if you want to get it back later, you will find some notes on the table near Kristen (the blond illuminati girl) in the illuminati headquarters, these notes will resume the quest once.

I hope it helps.

Heya,

It's the one where you are tracking the guy through Agartha. That last fight was beating the crap outta me. :p

Thank you very much for the speedy reply. :)

I will try what you said tonight and let you know how it goes. Even if it doesn't work, thanks for the help! :)

Hey hey it worked! :)

Thanks very much, you saved me some headaches. :)