Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: On The Road Again

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In our latest Developer Perspectives, Sanya Weathers offers her usual pithy commentary about the developer side of the game equation and the news that this is, at least for now, her final column at MMORPG.com. But there are good reasons why as you will see. Check it out!

Because you discover that the industry can be sort of like a (large and dysfunctional) family. The list of people you'd love to work with is way longer than the tool list. When you run into trouble, you're at least surrounded by people who get it, who've been through it. Just like the best days on the job don't feel like work, so too does reaching out to your comrades for help and advice not feel like networking.

Read more of Sanya Weathers' Developer Perspectives.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlusciaAluscia Member UncommonPosts: 39

That's great news Sonya! I'm really looking forward to hear more from UL, so I'm glad you've been brought on board.

Sometimes good things DO happen to good people :D

• Congrats!  Going to miss your column.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Good luck, hope this is one of those MMO's that actually gets to the released stage.

• SanyaSanya Director of Community Undead LabsMember UncommonPosts: 50

With all due respect, Lucid, I don't think you're familiar with the way actual pros handle community. Sure, there are plenty of companies that only want a face and a mouthpiece... but I don't work for them.

Sanya M. Weathers
    Director of Community
    Undead Labs

• GrootGroot Member UncommonPosts: 87

I miss it when you seemed happy and carefree on the herald. 

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

Congrats, good luck and thank you for your articles.

• victorbjrvictorbjr Member UncommonPosts: 212

Well, I know what I'm going to do.

/salute

Safe travels, wherever the road leads.

A writer and gamer from the Philippines. Loves his mom dearly. :)

Can also be found on http://www.gamesandgeekery.com

• KatbirdKatbird Member UncommonPosts: 21

Fair winds and following seas -- hope it's all you wish for and more!

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960

Good luck, Sanya. May your pooridge at Undead Labs benefit from an absence of bees (or at least live ones). Keep writing when you find time!

• SilverbranchSilverbranch Member UncommonPosts: 195

I know the feelings . . .

And the very best of luck to you in your new plot of earth.

Be a Tree!  :)

/waves

Wherever you go, there you are.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

i will miss, in particular, your perspective reflecting wider world values into the sometimes delimited and retrograde world of gamers.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

I've enjoyed all your articles, Sanya.  Sad to hear you won't be writing here in the foreseeable future, but happy for you that you've found what sounds like a very rewarding job and project to be involved in.  Best wishes for the future ^^

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

That's great news.

Best luck to you and if I may suggest something please make sure the devs do communicate with the player base a lot.

It's not always pleasant for the devs but It changes everything.

• ariasaitchoariasaitcho Member UncommonPosts: 112

may the road always rise to meet you, may the wind always be at your back, and may the bugs always be easy to find. XD

• RhalellanRhalellan Member Posts: 4

I'm happy that you're happy, Sanya. Always good to hear someone is getting paid to do something they love.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Good good.

• AkaisAkais Member UncommonPosts: 274

Good luck and safe travels Sanya. I'll miss your column a great deal.

Sadly, with both you and Coyote gone, I have no more interest in the columns on this site (no disresepct to the other contributors).

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570

So I stumble upon my favourite mmorpg.com columnist, come back from the grave, only to find im reading her last article. Ridiculous!

Anywho, congrats on your new job. Sending positive vibes your way. Keep it real, like you always do!

I love snails.
    I love every kinda snail.
    I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
    Cant hug every snail.