Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lack of Customer Service *resolved*

evolpcevolpc Member UncommonPosts: 75

Let me start this off by saying I am a fan of the game. Was very excited about launch, etc. The issue I am having is not related to gameplay, as I have no complaints about that.

For those of you that are not aware, Funcom also sells "Starter Packs" for your character. There are a few different packages and they are an additional cost to you. It is basically a cash shop transaction. I purchased a pack that included good starter weapons as well as a faction jacket, pet, etc.

Funcom opted to force all users to claim their pre order bonus items as well as extra purchased items through the in game cash shop. They were unable to keep the shop running yesterday. It was up and down frequently. At one point while it was up, I attempted to claim the extra items I had purchased. The cash shop was unresponsive but I kept trying assuming it was just lagged. I never received my items but today if I try to claim them again the cash shop says I already claimed them.

I have filed 5 petitions on this without a single response from Funcom in 30 hours. I would not be nearly as upset if these were just bonus pre order items but I actually had to shell out extra cash to get this package. The items are meant to be used in the early game and are useless after that. I find myself waiting to play through until I get the items I paid for, otherwise I feel I would be wasting money.

I love this game but not so much that I am blinded to something like this. They SOLD this stuff to us. At that point they should have made sure they could deliver it as well as provide support when things like this happen. When you sell items in a cash shop like this I think you open yourself up to being held accountable for not delivering them even if they are virtual items.

I hope this does not incite flaming, as I will not engage in an argument. The facts are very simple and as a customer I am being disappointed. I would like them to refund the money for the extra package but they will not even respond. I am beginning to wonder if the petition system even works.

Comments

• RightlovRightlov Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by evolpc

Let me start this off by saying I am a fan of the game. Was very excited about launch, etc. The issue I am having is not related to gameplay, as I have no complaints about that.

For those of you that are not aware, Funcom also sells "Starter Packs" for your character. There are a few different packages and they are an additional cost to you. It is basically a cash shop transaction. I purchased a pack that included good starter weapons as well as a faction jacket, pet, etc.

Funcom opted to force all users to claim their pre order bonus items as well as extra purchased items through the in game cash shop. They were unable to keep the shop running yesterday. It was up and down frequently. At one point while it was up, I attempted to claim the extra items I had purchased. The cash shop was unresponsive but I kept trying assuming it was just lagged. I never received my items but today if I try to claim them again the cash shop says I already claimed them.

I have filed 5 petitions on this without a single response from Funcom in 30 hours. I would not be nearly as upset if these were just bonus pre order items but I actually had to shell out extra cash to get this package. The items are meant to be used in the early game and are useless after that. I find myself waiting to play through until I get the items I paid for, otherwise I feel I would be wasting money.

I love this game but not so much that I am blinded to something like this. They SOLD this stuff to us. At that point they should have made sure they could deliver it as well as provide support when things like this happen. When you sell items in a cash shop like this I think you open yourself up to being held accountable for not delivering them even if they are virtual items.

I hope this does not incite flaming, as I will not engage in an argument. The facts are very simple and as a customer I am being disappointed. I would like them to refund the money for the extra package but they will not even respond. I am beginning to wonder if the petition system even works.

I've only had impressively good experience with their CS. For just a few hours ago, I contacted their Live Chat because I had forgot to link my FB account to my TSW account while it was possible - they fixed it in less than five minutes.

I quess they're very busy at the moment, and getting overflowen with petitions, especially because many people also use the petition function for mission bugs, etc. - Try the Live Chat instead, that's more account related, and they're very fast.

Here's the link: http://livechat.funcom.com/

Let me here if it worked out for you :)

• Crunchy22Crunchy22 Member Posts: 51

Took 15-20 min for a GM to contact me on an in game petition.

I found a bug, but also i learned that pausing a mission is as good as canceling it, it just saves your progress.  Luckily, and like most bugged quests, they are optional side quests and you still get the reward when you come back and do it later.

Personally i think they need to disable every bugged quest being investigated untill fixed...they are all very optional and can be very fustrating if you find out after an hour of trying to complete that its bugged.  Luckily there isnt a whole lot of quests that are bugged like this.  A few i would considerd bugged but are completable as well.  

But i was pretty surprised to get a whisper from a GM so quick, either they are not swamped, or have an army of GM's.

• GoresonGoreson Member Posts: 122

First up, I would put it down as though luck.

You claim that it was all Funcom's fault when it may as well have been on your end, because, frankly, the shops lagging behavior that you were describing may well have been just that, lag, and is usually more a prpblem with your ISP.

If you then make things worse by trying to force the action thru by constantly refreshing, yeah, really smart... *rolls eyes*

Obviously at some point the "cycle" was complete and FC was delivering the goods but you had probably started the cycle again.

I know all of this sucks... but it's shit happens and patience will get you a long(er) way.

Now, where you (and probably thousands of other gamers) are acting really juvenile is by raising ticket after ticket after ticket.

Man, how hard can it be for people to understand that your 1 support case just turned into 5?

Now go from there: 1000 cases turn into 5000, 10000 to 50000, etc. nice job guy, you just put yourself on a long waiting list because you and all the other "ooooh, no reaction from CS after 15 min, need to raise another ticket!" smarties have slowed the CS' response time quite a bit down.  

Best I can suggest is either try the livechat option already mentioned or just relax.

Heavens, it's a game! And not even a competetive game (though you apparently think so as you need to power your toon up from the start, or was it just the cool faction jacket you wanted?) so maybe try going about slow and who knows maybe half way thru Kingsmouth you get your stuff...

or maybe just don't play for a day or two? Don't know where you are but here it is frigging hot and sunny, so resting at a pool is the best option. ;-)

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Live chat got back to me in about 5 minutes. Try that.

• proponentproponent Member UncommonPosts: 92

I've been on their chat support 3 times due to payment related issues and each time they solved the problem. I've sent in 2 petitions ingame for whimsickle and store related things and each time they were answered within 30 minutes. 

• evolpcevolpc Member UncommonPosts: 75

A GM finally contacted me and solved the issue. He had to get permission from someone in charge so he could directly insert the items into my inventory. He was very apologetic and acknowledged that they should have responded sooner but had dropped the ball. I am satisfied at this point. The GM handled the problem well and was pleasant even though he knew I was pretty frustrated. Couldn't ask for much more than that. I think the hold up was him having to get permission to give me items. Perhaps if it was something like a bug the response would have been much quicker. Well, I'm off to enjoy the game!

• evolpcevolpc Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by Goreson

First up, I would put it down as though luck.

You claim that it was all Funcom's fault when it may as well have been on your end, because, frankly, the shops lagging behavior that you were describing may well have been just that, lag, and is usually more a prpblem with your ISP.

If you then make things worse by trying to force the action thru by constantly refreshing, yeah, really smart... *rolls eyes*

Obviously at some point the "cycle" was complete and FC was delivering the goods but you had probably started the cycle again.

I know all of this sucks... but it's shit happens and patience will get you a long(er) way.

Now, where you (and probably thousands of other gamers) are acting really juvenile is by raising ticket after ticket after ticket.

Man, how hard can it be for people to understand that your 1 support case just turned into 5?

Now go from there: 1000 cases turn into 5000, 10000 to 50000, etc. nice job guy, you just put yourself on a long waiting list because you and all the other "ooooh, no reaction from CS after 15 min, need to raise another ticket!" smarties have slowed the CS' response time quite a bit down.  

Best I can suggest is either try the livechat option already mentioned or just relax.

Heavens, it's a game! And not even a competetive game (though you apparently think so as you need to power your toon up from the start, or was it just the cool faction jacket you wanted?) so maybe try going about slow and who knows maybe half way thru Kingsmouth you get your stuff...

or maybe just don't play for a day or two? Don't know where you are but here it is frigging hot and sunny, so resting at a pool is the best option. ;-)

Well, I suppose I lied. I will engage in an argument just for you. Because you're that SPECIAL. First off my post was worded respectfully, while your ignorant response was worded in a very condescending fashion. Dur dur dur ... all your fault.. dur dur herp your ISP. Please do yourself a favor and stop acting like you're somehow enlightened and everyone else is stupid. It's not very difficult. I promise.

I did nothing that just about everyone else ingame wasn't doing as well. I used the system that Funcom set up to claim my items. When things got screwed up I submitted a petition. They don't need you to jump to their aid with poorly worded excuses and shifting blame to the customer. If they wished to do that they could do it themselves.

People like you are the driving force behind the ever increasing trend toward poor service and products in this industry. I always wondered what a fanboi was, I just got my answer. "*rolls eyes*"

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Let me start this off by saying I am a fan of the game. Was very excited about launch, etc. The issue I am having is not related to gameplay, as I have no complaints about that.For those of you that are not aware, Funcom also sells "Starter Packs" for your character. There are a few different packages and they are an additional cost to you. It is basically a cash shop transaction. I purchased a pack that included good starter weapons as well as a faction jacket, pet, etc.Funcom opted to force all users to claim their pre order bonus items as well as extra purchased items through the in game cash shop. They were unable to keep the shop running yesterday. It was up and down frequently. At one point while it was up, I attempted to claim the extra items I had purchased. The cash shop was unresponsive but I kept trying assuming it was just lagged. I never received my items but today if I try to claim them again the cash shop says I already claimed them.I have filed 5 petitions on this without a single response from Funcom in 30 hours. I would not be nearly as upset if these were just bonus pre order items but I actually had to shell out extra cash to get this package. The items are meant to be used in the early game and are useless after that. I find myself waiting to play through until I get the items I paid for, otherwise I feel I would be wasting money.I love this game but not so much that I am blinded to something like this. They SOLD this stuff to us. At that point they should have made sure they could deliver it as well as provide support when things like this happen. When you sell items in a cash shop like this I think you open yourself up to being held accountable for not delivering them even if they are virtual items.I hope this does not incite flaming, as I will not engage in an argument. The facts are very simple and as a customer I am being disappointed. I would like them to refund the money for the extra package but they will not even respond. I am beginning to wonder if the petition system even works.

Congratulations my friend. You have just been Funcommed!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

Congratulations my friend. You have just been Funcommed!

And you my friend should have read all the other reactions before posting a comment like that.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316

i lost my special 51 rifle, bug i think as i was dragging and dropping and never got a confirm to delete message, 2 petitions later still no response :( def no reply with in the 4hrs stated lol

Shame as i was going to upgrade to the lifetime sub, but this is making me think twice

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• AtrusHomeboyAtrusHomeboy Member Posts: 28

A GM finally contacted me and solved the issue. He had to get permission from someone in charge so he could directly insert the items into my inventory. He was very apologetic and acknowledged that they should have responded sooner but had dropped the ball. I am satisfied at this point. The GM handled the problem well and was pleasant even though he knew I was pretty frustrated. Couldn't ask for much more than that. I think the hold up was him having to get permission to give me items. Perhaps if it was something like a bug the response would have been much quicker. Well, I'm off to enjoy the game!

Congratulations, OP! You might want to edit the thread title to reflect that, though, to avoid further confusion.

• Crunchy22Crunchy22 Member Posts: 51
    Originally posted by k1klass

i lost my special 51 rifle, bug i think as i was dragging and dropping and never got a confirm to delete message, 2 petitions later still no response :( def no reply with in the 4hrs stated lol

Shame as i was going to upgrade to the lifetime sub, but this is making me think twice

They need special permission for the ability to place items in players inventory you know.

Wouldnt want GM's loading their friends inventories with goodies now would you?

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I'm surprised seeing negativity about their customer service. Every issue i ever had with funcom over the years was resolved within 10 minutes on their live chat.