Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World Impression

2»

Comments

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Glad your enjoying it OP, but a lot of people don't like this game and have very valid reasons for that.

The community isn't as amazing as some make out, the gameplay is stilted and the combat is clunky and unintuitive. Even the quests are quite limited and have no replay value at all.

Give it two-three months and see where the game is once most players have completed all the content and all the game currently has to offer. TSW is one of those games that will need constant content updates to keep it fresh and playable. If Funcom can deliver, brilliant, if not, then there will be a lot of players complaining and leaving. The subs fee they are asking demands regular content updates, otherwise there is simply no justification for paying a subs fee for this game.

I tend to agree with you, but I think this goes for every game. I really don't think the PVE in GW2 will hold people all that long either....

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321
    Originally posted by stevebmbsqd
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Glad your enjoying it OP, but a lot of people don't like this game and have very valid reasons for that.

The community isn't as amazing as some make out, the gameplay is stilted and the combat is clunky and unintuitive. Even the quests are quite limited and have no replay value at all.

Give it two-three months and see where the game is once most players have completed all the content and all the game currently has to offer. TSW is one of those games that will need constant content updates to keep it fresh and playable. If Funcom can deliver, brilliant, if not, then there will be a lot of players complaining and leaving. The subs fee they are asking demands regular content updates, otherwise there is simply no justification for paying a subs fee for this game.

I tend to agree with you, but I think this goes for every game. I really don't think the PVE in GW2 will hold people all that long either....

The thing about games like TSW, GW2, and EQ2 is you can go back and revisit content and still get a benefit out of it.

• FinnMcCoolFinnMcCool Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by FinnMcCool
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

I managed to talk a friend into buying it just in time for early access, I had played all the beta weekends but he hadnt done anything in the game prior to buying it. We played together for hours friday night going round solving the puzzles, as I had already done some of these before I let my friend do all the solving this time round. We both had a great time and hopefully this game has a great future too it.

At the moment the only thing that seems to let the game down is some of the community just cant be bothered to put in the effort to work things out themselves. Im sick of seeing spam in chat asking whats the password for this or whats the code for that when all they have to do is read everything about the mission and just do a bit of thinking.

Im hoping this isnt going to spoil my enjoyment going forwards as at the moment all of the spam is about missions i have already done but later in the game I dont want to see mission spoilers about the stuff i havent done yet.

not all quests can be solved wiithout looking for outside help.  1723 Music of the Seasons for example, there is no answer anywhere in game, which made use of the in game browser awesome, not to just find the quest answer but to do your own research

Some of us are educated enough to know the answers though even if it does take some thinking and remembering. but the thing I object too most is when the answers are put in general chat for everyone to see I mean just PM the guy asking for the answer.

And the mission where you need to find the code for the datapad in the church yard it even hints at where the code is if people actually read what it says on the phone.

its just that the WOW generation have to be spoon fed  every step of the way unable to figure things out themselves, and I truely hope this isnt going to be the downfall of TSW where they eventually have to dumb down the game to attract more players

The clue for the church one is "it was the first song he was going to sing at church". I worked it out but the last time I was in a church was 21 years ago, I am 29 years old. Many people playing will have no idea that the songs they sing in churches are listed by hymn number on the wall.

The constant belittling of people for being stupid is one of this games downfalls.

I find the quests that involve working things out enjoyable but i am pretty terrible at them and I got all good grades at school and then a BSc Hons at University, my Mrs is studying for an MSc, she is great at these quests but totally horrible at any kind of combat. The bottom line is, everyone is different, she doesnt tell me I suck for not working stuff out on my own and I don't laugh at her because I could roll my face on the keyboard and beat her in a duel.

Dont get me wrong im far from what you would call an intellectual i left school with bad qualifications and never went to college and im 36 now, I just seem to have landed on my feet with TSW as all the useless crap in my head that has been there for years is now coming in handy solving the missions.

I have been gaming for many years and just mainly play to have a laugh with friends over beer and I miss the good old days where games were actually a challenge to play. TSW is the first game I have played in a long while that actually gives me a sense of accomplishment when i manage to figure out what i need to do to complete a mission so it annoys me when people spam the general chat with the answers.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

I managed to talk a friend into buying it just in time for early access, I had played all the beta weekends but he hadnt done anything in the game prior to buying it. We played together for hours friday night going round solving the puzzles, as I had already done some of these before I let my friend do all the solving this time round. We both had a great time and hopefully this game has a great future too it.

At the moment the only thing that seems to let the game down is some of the community just cant be bothered to put in the effort to work things out themselves. Im sick of seeing spam in chat asking whats the password for this or whats the code for that when all they have to do is read everything about the mission and just do a bit of thinking.

Im hoping this isnt going to spoil my enjoyment going forwards as at the moment all of the spam is about missions i have already done but later in the game I dont want to see mission spoilers about the stuff i havent done yet.

not all quests can be solved wiithout looking for outside help.  1723 Music of the Seasons for example, there is no answer anywhere in game, which made use of the in game browser awesome, not to just find the quest answer but to do your own research

Some of us are educated enough to know the answers though even if it does take some thinking and remembering. but the thing I object too most is when the answers are put in general chat for everyone to see I mean just PM the guy asking for the answer.

And the mission where you need to find the code for the datapad in the church yard it even hints at where the code is if people actually read what it says on the phone.

its just that the WOW generation have to be spoon fed  every step of the way unable to figure things out themselves, and I truely hope this isnt going to be the downfall of TSW where they eventually have to dumb down the game to attract more players

The clue for the church one is "it was the first song he was going to sing at church". I worked it out but the last time I was in a church was 21 years ago, I am 29 years old. Many people playing will have no idea that the songs they sing in churches are listed by hymn number on the wall.

The constant belittling of people for being stupid is one of this games downfalls.

I find the quests that involve working things out enjoyable but i am pretty terrible at them and I got all good grades at school and then a BSc Hons at University, my Mrs is studying for an MSc, she is great at these quests but totally horrible at any kind of combat. The bottom line is, everyone is different, she doesnt tell me I suck for not working stuff out on my own and I don't laugh at her because I could roll my face on the keyboard and beat her in a duel.

Dont get me wrong im far from what you would call an intellectual i left school with bad qualifications and never went to college and im 36 now, I just seem to have landed on my feet with TSW as all the useless crap in my head that has been there for years is now coming in handy solving the missions.

I have been gaming for many years and just mainly play to have a laugh with friends over beer and I miss the good old days where games were actually a challenge to play. TSW is the first game I have played in a long while that actually gives me a sense of accomplishment when i manage to figure out what i need to do to complete a mission so it annoys me when people spam the general chat with the answers.

Aye I agree with that, if you are going to put anything in general at least write it like a clue, or just whisper the guy asking.

It's a shame it happens but there really isn't a way for funcom to police it, if they made a spoilers channel people would still ignore it and use general chat anyway.

• ashleymorrowashleymorrow Member Posts: 176
    Originally posted by Ztekan

Okey , this is a small impression.

First of i use to keep track on all MMO comming, this wasent on my radar at all, allthought i recall seeing a Trailer a few years ago , more than that i havent seen.

So i basicly bought the game without knowing what it was, ive heard bad things and good things.

The bad things where about the grafics and the gameplay and that the combat sucked.

IM A TERA kind of guy who like ninja spells and annimation.

So i was a little dull about this.

But i bought the game

After 2 hours of gameplay i bought the lifetime sub for 199Euro and the other pack for 14.99

Its just hat good game.

The good things about the game

Grafics are stunning "ONLY" if you have a DX11 card" minimum a 560TI and a Quad core I5 or i7 and 6 gb ram.

Combat are so fun , its a new thing when you fire of Dual Berettas or a G36 AssuoltRiffle.

Other great things are the community,

This isent a Kids game, its a mature game, i guess for the audience 30+ and upp.

You have hard puzzels and YOU need to use your brain.

And you get to fire off weapons.

Everquest players should like this game.

My Link to Youtube where i just play randomly for 2 min "Early gameplay"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl8xnJqWIvA

Great thoughts thank you for sharing!