Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great news about Character Creation!

ammieammie Member UncommonPosts: 109

Not sure if this has been posted already but for those of you dissapointed in CC.... This article looks very promising!

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=36298

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Is it known if it's a real money cost for this plastic surgery (after the first go ofc)?

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

From the link posted

At Dr. Aldini, the first 'consultation' is always free, but anything after that is going to cost -- and the doctor prefers PAX. Where he buys his arcane supplies, the U.S. dollar holds little sway.

So it will be using the in game currency and not real life cash :)

• ArkanikArkanik Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by ammie

Not sure if this has been posted already but for those of you dissapointed in CC.... This article looks very promising!

So a barber shop in game.

Guess TSW is copying wow just like they said about rift for adding one in there game lol.

At least they have the option its always nice .

Hope you guys enjoy TSW havent tried it yet.

Sounds fun though..

Sounds like the first one is free , then it costs after that in game money.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Arkanik

Guess TSW is copying wow just like they said about rift for adding one in there game lol.

Sounds fun though..

And WoW copied Starwars Galaxies, lol

Of course, in old SWG the "Image Designer" was more than just a hairdresser. They also did makeup, body mods and tattoos...

At least TSW will have 3 out of SWG's 4, although tattoos seem to be a ways down the road.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Sounds fun though..

Yep. TSW is now officially a wow clone because it as a bar shop.

I'm really happy they admit this head on and are already planning for the future. Will they realize it and well, only the future knows. Hope this goes well. FC may actually  pull it off.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

Sounds fun though..

People need to stop saying "X MMO copied WoW".  Most of the time, WoW actually copies other MMOs when it comes to specific features.  In addition, a "feature" is just that - it doesn't mean you are copying a game just because you add it to yours.

I could make a game with talent trees, raiding, an auction house, epic loot, and tank-healer-dps character classes and have it not be anything like WoW.  Or, I could make one with all of those features and it ends up being exactly like WoW but with a Star Wars theme.  It all depends on how you choose to make your game play elements, not the shiny features on the outside that most of us see at first.

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93

yes,and so had anarchy online a barber before wow even existed see where this disscusion is going?

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960
    Originally posted by Stofftier

yes,and so had anarchy online a barber before wow even existed see where this disscusion is going?

Oo, I do! When I first started playing MUDs in 1992, I could change the way my character looked at any time; all I had to do was type "@desc"; and write whatever I wanted! Everyone's clearly stealing their barber technology1 from the Tales of Ta'veren MUSH. Unscrupulous bastards! =)

1Incidentally, this may also be a subsection of the M.I.T. extension campus: The Massachussetts Institute of Barber Technology,

Motto: "If splitting atoms has left you with split ends, give us a call at 648-4247 (MIT-HAIR)."

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by Jenuviel

Oo, I do! When I first started playing MUDs in 1992, I could change the way my character looked at any time; all I had to do was type "@desc"; and write whatever I wanted! Everyone's clearly stealing their barber technology1 from the Tales of Ta'veren MUSH. Unscrupulous bastards! =)

1Incidentally, this may also be a subsection of the M.I.T. extension campus: The Massachussetts Institute of Barber Technology,

Motto: "If splitting atoms has left you with split ends, give us a call at 648-4247 (MIT-HAIR)."

I was entertained, thank you.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Oo, I do! When I first started playing MUDs in 1992, I could change the way my character looked at any time; all I had to do was type "@desc" and write whatever I wanted! Everyone's clearly stealing their barber technology1 from the Tales of Ta'veren MUSH. Unscrupulous bastards! =)

Well back in those days, my GM in pen and paper, objected to me changing the looks of my character. I wanted him to look fat and huge like friar tuck and started to eat and drink a lot, but according to my GM all the traveling and fighting and dungeon endeavers Prevented me fom gaining to much weight. And he was right.

To me, changing characterlooks only works immersive if there is a beleivable sollutio/ reason.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ArkanikArkanik Member Posts: 30

Yes it was meant to be sarcastic, I do play rift atm and thought it was funny when they had said it copied wow for adding a barber shop. There also adding housing so now its a eq2 clone as well.

Wow copied alot of things but because alot of peoples first mmo was wow they feel anything after it is a clone i just have to laugh.

Some people have no common sense or just dont know any better i guess.

We need to find out the very first game that was free to play with a cash shop also so we can say every free to play game is a clone to that game .

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Well back in those days, my GM in pen and paper, objected to me changing the looks of my character. I wanted him to look fat and huge like friar tuck and started to eat and drink a lot, but according to my GM all the traveling and fighting and dungeon endeavers Prevented me fom gaining to much weight. And he was right. To me, changing characterlooks only works immersive if there is a beleivable sollutio/ reason.

i gernerally agree, but in a game centered around conspiracies and secret societies the argument could be made that changing appearance is a neccesity.  getting recognized will blow ones cover.  although it probably wont haveany gameplay impact, the argument could be made.

who knows when it will come, though.

• RhowinRhowin Member Posts: 36

The best part for me is that they seem to listen to their customers and react to it - responsive developers is very good thing in my book.

• ashleymorrowashleymorrow Member Posts: 176

I think this is fabulous news!

• BloodyVikingBloodyViking Member UncommonPosts: 132

Anarchy Online (another Funcom game) has had the barber feature for many years (before WoW as I can remember).

Besides that, great news! Awesome game!

• andreawalesandreawales Member Posts: 44

Oooohh cant wait for this , I really want to make character into a True Minx ! :p

Games only just launched and they already announce this , Awesome Sauce !  .. and Kudos to Funcom   :-)

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

Thats grate, I however am quite happy with the CC, even as it is.

• Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Member CommonPosts: 287

Hope it's not a cash shop. :(

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

Well back in those days, my GM in pen and paper, objected to me changing the looks of my character. I wanted him to look fat and huge like friar tuck and started to eat and drink a lot, but according to my GM all the traveling and fighting and dungeon endeavers Prevented me fom gaining to much weight. And he was right. To me, changing characterlooks only works immersive if there is a beleivable sollutio/ reason.

well..they use writen words in quests in wow there for pen and paper rp gaming are wow clones.

Originally posted by Poison_Adele

Hope it's not a cash shop. :(

No, if you read it, it is not.

It is PAX (in game money).

Originally posted by Panthien

well..they use writen words in quests in wow there for pen and paper rp gaming are wow clones.

Stop that, bad Panthien....are you trying to cause a temporal inversion or something! 

imageimageimageimageimage

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by Arkain
    Originally posted by Panthien

Stop that, bad Panthien....are you trying to cause a temporal inversion or something! 

imageimageimageimageimage

Not at all. Im really happy they are adding the plastic surgeon but Im kinna fed up with people insisting everything is copied from WoW.

That said I already enjoyed the significant improvements of the character customization. And Im dieing to see what new options there will be.

just judge for yourself.