Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is there left to announce?

DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562

From now until launch what sort of news can we expect from ArenaNet to announce in their blog now that the launch date  and the final BWE have been revealed? Is there any unfinished business left to talk about?

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

No big announcements one would assume, probably just little things or feature spotlights.  8/28/12, counting down the days. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Here's hoping for the official forum announcement, GW2 website makeover, and possibly more servers added to the list.

Also what is the status on the small team working on the mobile app? I'm presuming that will not launch on the same day as the game itself.

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

Originally posted by Dookz

Here's hoping for the official forum announcement and GW2 website makeover.  Also what is the status on the small team working on the mobile app? I'm presuming that will not launch on the same day as the game itself.

Would love to see a website makeover in the near future.  Its also probably safe to say if they haven't said anything about the app it wont come launch day. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

all there is left is polish and balance, they maybe announce that they have improved pet AI also; changes to trait system, overall class balancing, melee vs range status etc, but not a new feature till launch.

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287

Yeah, the addition of more traits per line is still needed to officially be shown, probably in a blog entry. Can't wait until they allow classes to have more than 3 viable specs.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Lets see..

- Assura and Silvari, races and hoemtowns and areas

- Mini games

- Extra structured PvP areas

- Mobile device and programs that will allow access to chat and characters (no gameplay)

Thats still 4 things to announce/show

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

The ability to play this on Android in the future.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

The following is my list of what I'm waiting to see in their blog:

How the Hall of Momuments will be tied in the game lore. Players shouldn't just get some items out of nowhere, there should be a lore explanation, also the Eye of the North should be accesible as an area

Can't wait to see Ebonhawke, I believe it's going to be the next big city after LA, I don't know if it will be ready for launch but I really want a tour of that place

A few more pics of Zhaitan the Elder Dragon we will fight first, arguably there are pics of him on the release date video but I'm not sure if that's Zhaitan or not

Airships, we've seen them in vids, they've said there will be airships in the game, so more info is needed

A tour of Orr, what kind of graphics/foes we are to expect while exploring the recently re-surfaced Orr, it's safe to assume that the final part of the storyline will take place around Orr

There had been some talk about the players choosing and befriending a different race during their story, Charr can choose Grawl, Ogres or Harpies for example, that will make changes to the story someone is experiencing. Some more information on that would be awesome

Of course Asura/Sylvari main towns and starting zones

The new sPVP maps in action

The other 7 dungeons, we only know one of them, also the different armor sets available from all of them

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Guild Wars 3.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

they did promise info on guilds as soon as they got the features nailed down
    also they might be working on things on their "nice-to-have" lists and we might see them on launch

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

Originally posted by seridan

The following is my list of what I'm waiting to see in their blog:

How the Hall of Momuments will be tied in the game lore. Players shouldn't just get some items out of nowhere, there should be a lore explanation, also the Eye of the North should be accesible as an area

Can't wait to see Ebonhawke, I believe it's going to be the next big city after LA, I don't know if it will be ready for launch but I really want a tour of that place

A few more pics of Zhaitan the Elder Dragon we will fight first, arguably there are pics of him on the release date video but I'm not sure if that's Zhaitan or not

Airships, we've seen them in vids, they've said there will be airships in the game, so more info is needed

A tour of Orr, what kind of graphics/foes we are to expect while exploring the recently re-surfaced Orr, it's safe to assume that the final part of the storyline will take place around Orr

There had been some talk about the players choosing and befriending a different race during their story, Charr can choose Grawl, Ogres or Harpies for example, that will make changes to the story someone is experiencing. Some more information on that would be awesome

Of course Asura/Sylvari main towns and starting zones

The new sPVP maps in action

The other 7 dungeons, we only know one of them, also the different armor sets available from all of them

^ just blew my mind.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

We know the game is good and stable, so for me they need to announce nothing more - leave the rest to be discovered in game.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• friednietzfriednietz Member Posts: 118

More stress tests between now and the next BWE#4 and between BWE#4 and release? Yes please?

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

On top of what has been mentioned, I would like to see the following:

1) Some early character creator so we can have our toons looking the way we want prior to launch.

2) A name claim would be nice, but would be at the bottom of my list.

3) Any new additions, changes, and costs for the in game rmt store.

4) What time will the headstart begin.  Not something I am terribly concerned about, but have seen quite a few posts on other community sites about this one.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

At this point I'd like them to release info on tiny things that make the game better.  Specifically zooming out for the camera.  I feel any big announcement s will have to wait till an update.

• Emotes - especially some funny ones to replace sit jumping and sleep jumping.

Guild size limits - will there still be limits and how do you expand them if there are limits.

• IntrinsicIntrinsic Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Originally posted by vmoped

On top of what has been mentioned, I would like to see the following:

1) Some early character creator so we can have our toons looking the way we want prior to launch.

2) A name claim would be nice, but would be at the bottom of my list.

3) Any new additions, changes, and costs for the in game rmt store.

4) What time will the headstart begin.  Not something I am terribly concerned about, but have seen quite a few posts on other community sites about this one.

Cheers!

1 i'd like too, definately. Considering how vast the options are for customisation i wanna get it just right if i'm gonna spend the rest of my days playing that toon.

2 Is already in place, just log into your GW account toons and all their names will be reserved.

4) I NEED to know what time the headstart is, i have a wedding that day and need to plan accordingly(ie will i be "sick" so unable to attend)

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

As well as everything already mentioned, they still have to annouce the cut off date for GW1 --> GW2 name reservation

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I'm sure there will be big reveals on the Asura and the Sylvari. Eric Flannum said recently there is a distinct possibility one or both will be in a BWE before launch, just not guaranteed. BWE or not, I expect there will be blog posts on the starting experience for those two races, some previwews of the areas and discussion of anything unique to the races.

We'll probably see something about the two remaining sPvP battlegrounds.

More info on Guilds.

I wouldn't rule out the mobile apps for launch, even if we just get security token apps for launch and a teaser of the Trading Post, chat and interactive map apps over the following months.

They could and probably should give us a teaser for each of the Dungeons.

Some teasers for areas we haven't seen yet would be nice as well, not enough to spoil anything, but to give us a peak at what some of the cool things in the world we haven't seen yet might be like.

There is an entire level 80 zone, which they have said in the past would be very challenging and require a lot of cooperation, something about that would be nice.

I'm still hoping for something akin to an Open Beta between BWE3 and launch. They've said there will never be an Open Beta where everyone with a computer and an internet connection will be able to just log in, but that there will likely be an event that greatly expands the access to those with out pre-purchases. That event could be BWE3, in which case they will want to build hype for it and give out tons of keys, but it's also possible there could be an event specifically for marketing, close to launch.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    They have stated that guilds can be larger than the 100 limit but to expand your guild you must earn/achieve it. I'd like to know how this is going to work.

Hope they announce dedicated Oceania servers before release so I can choose one before day 1 with friends.
  • lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Originally posted by Dookz Also what is the status on the small team working on the mobile app? I'm presuming that will not launch on the same day as the game itself.

I'm also curious about the mobile apps. We might still get it at launch because it's a feature they announced long time ago.