Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

TSW=?

mastersomratmastersomrat Saint Charles, MOPosts: 368Member

I've seen this game a view times and I hear it has no leveling, 3way pvp, pve and modernish era.  I've gone to their site to check this game out and either there isn't going to be alot to do or the site simply doesn't go into details.  I hope its' not just pve/pvp!  Does anyone know what all there is to do in this game? 

Comments

  • mastersomratmastersomrat Saint Charles, MOPosts: 368Member

    No disrespect intented; but.....you really think I'm going to read at that (of which, 99% is useless information).

  • AIMonsterAIMonster Apopka, FLPosts: 2,059Member
    Originally posted by mastersomrat

    I hope its' not just pve/pvp!

    Huh?

    image

    Raptr link because it's the cool new trend:
    image

  • mastersomratmastersomrat Saint Charles, MOPosts: 368Member

    What is it you didn't understand about the question?

  • tranceauftranceauf Boise, IDPosts: 29Member
    What?
  • mastersomratmastersomrat Saint Charles, MOPosts: 368Member

    Well, I can see this is going knowwhere...I retract the statement...

  • biljacbiljac Southaven, MSPosts: 11Member

    Are you asking if there is crafting? in game social events? what other "things" are you referring to? can you give an example?

  • Crunchy22Crunchy22 Northbrook, ILPosts: 51Member
    Originally posted by mastersomrat

    Well, I can see this is going knowwhere...I retract the statement...

    Its difficult to explain and theres a ton of info out there, on this site and the official forums.

  • SlickShoesSlickShoes EdinburghPosts: 1,037Member Uncommon

    Dear MMORPG.com forum users, I am too lazy to use google or even scroll through the forums on this site, can you please collate all relevant info about The Secret World in this thread? Thanks.

    Yours Sincerely

    OP.

    image
  • asdarasdar Tequesta, FLPosts: 662Member Uncommon

    It is just PvE and PvP, and the PvP isn't great.

    I'm loving the PvE, the quests are very well thought out, no skipping through these, unless you're one of the look up the cheat the second it gets difficult guys.

    What it's not is a persistent world battle, no sandbox elements, no kingdom building or anything like that. You'd actually have to tell us the kind of thing you're looking for to be sure, but it doesn't sound like there's a chance the game is for you.

    If you're looking for good puzzles, a new look and a refreshing skill system it might be for you, but I don't think it is.

    Asdar

  • TdoTdo kardemome byPosts: 82Member

    maybe mindcraft is what  you are looking for.

     

    Alias Warin

  • EnikEnik Posts: 88Member Uncommon

    Terrible game. 2003 graphics and ridiculously stupid quests. Can I get my $50 back?

  • ExitarExitar TrentoPosts: 14Member
    Originally posted by Enik

    Terrible game. 2003 graphics and ridiculously stupid quests. Can I get my $50 back?

     

    Exactly 2003? Not 2002 or 2004?

  • xxtriadxxxxtriadxx TherePosts: 134Member Uncommon

    Setting is an alternate history modern times. Its alot more run down and grubby.

    Adult game...npcs like to swear lots of sexual suggestions..etc.

    3 Factions--  Templars, Illuminati, Dragon. They all have access to the same skills but they each have unique preset "decks" you can go down which will unlock specific "class" clothing.

     

    Mostly PvE focused(Story focused game)- The quests though are alot better then the routine in mmo's...more clue focused and usually a lil more realistic/involved then the usual kill 6 of these.

    PvP- Battlegrounds + A Persistant battlegorund. Who controls what effect yor factions stats/ex/etc.

    Leveling..no leveling per se ...instead you get Skill Points and Action Points ot distribute as you see  fit amongst the skill/abilities available. Some skills have better synegries with others. Passives apply to all weapons..ie hammer passive +15% damage on critical hit  would still apply to a blood magic spell.   The quality of gear you can equip is based on 3 seperate Talisman types which you have to level with skill points as well.

     

    shrug

     

     

  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite ManilaPosts: 879Member
    Originally posted by Themehosptal
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

    Dear MMORPG.com forum users, I am too lazy to use google or even scroll through the forums on this site, can you please collate all relevant info about The Secret World in this thread? Thanks.

    Yours Sincerely

    OP.

    Totally unneccessary.

     

  • PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member
    Originally posted by Magnum2103
    Originally posted by mastersomrat

    I hope its' not just pve/pvp!

    Huh?

     

    So like...what else is there that isn't included in "pve / pvp"?

  • austriacusaustriacus limaPosts: 611Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by xxtriadxx

    Adult game...npcs like to swear lots of sexual suggestions..etc

    I literally loled irl.

  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Lancaster, UKPosts: 2,141Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by mastersomrat

    I've seen this game a view times and I hear it has no leveling, 3way pvp, pve and modernish era.  I've gone to their site to check this game out and either there isn't going to be alot to do or the site simply doesn't go into details.  I hope its' not just pve/pvp!  Does anyone know what all there is to do in this game? 

    It's about this World, but I can't tell you anything as it's Secret.

  • tranceauftranceauf Boise, IDPosts: 29Member
    Pve and pvp are so old school. It's all about EvE now!

  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Lancaster, UKPosts: 2,141Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by xxtriadxx

    Setting is an alternate history modern times. Its alot more run down and grubby.

    How can it be history if it's sent in the present, are we not creating future history?

This discussion has been closed.