Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think i just got robbed by Funcom

Comments

• quesyquesy Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by aslan132
    Originally posted by Geriden

If  people never learn from the past, they wont live to see the future. 

Never trust funcom. 

This ^^^

Fool me once, shame on them (AO)

Fool me twice, shame on me (AOC)

If youre still around to get fooled the 3rd time, well life is going to be very hard for you. I dont see Funcom being liable for anything at this point. They gave you plenty of reasons to not buy this game, and yet people still beleive in giving them the benefit of the doubt. 

Its a really fun game, the combat is sorely lacking, and the "skill points" is still a shrouded way of giving you leveling progress. The quests are actually fun and inventive. 

But really, box price, sub, and cash shop... in this day and age of the MMO industry. Nice try Funcom. Ill see you in 6 months when youre talking F2P just like SWTOR. When will you learn. If other AAA offerings are free, yours doesnt warrant a subscription, no exceptions.

Hehehe so true, AoC was the first game i bought, i waited for 2 years for that game, and after release nothing was in the game as they said, and when ppl complained about it, they told everybody that content after lvl 30, housing and siege battles was just minor things ..... the things they have promoted so dearly for years =) I will never ever by a game from them anymore!

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by Quailman

Well, if what you say is true, just do a chargeback through your credit card company. If you used a debit card to preorder, then it's gonna be much harder to get a refund, but it should be a lesson to not use your debit card for these types of purchases in the future.

A cahrge back still costs money. He gets back half of what he paid at best that way. I would call the better business bureau if I were you.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts

Well, if what you say is true, just do a chargeback through your credit card company. If you used a debit card to preorder, then it's gonna be much harder to get a refund, but it should be a lesson to not use your debit card for these types of purchases in the future.

A cahrge back still costs money. He gets back half of what he paid at best that way. I would call the better business bureau if I were you.

And what exactly is the BBB going to do?  Give them a poor rating?

Yeah...that's always the first thing I do before I buy a new MMO, check with the BBB to make sure that the company making the game is in good standing with them.

This is what most companies do when you say you're going to call the BBB, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165

The BBB can't really do anything. They'll just contact Funcom and get their side of the story, and nothing will really be done except for maybe filing a public report and affecting their rating.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• Sourd420Sourd420 Member Posts: 63

What u need to do is tell your bank u didnt get the goods you paid for. show the promo email and  tell them what u got when u gave them money. they will see its for what it is and if you're in the right well, WINNING.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by quesy
    Originally posted by aslan132
    Originally posted by Geriden

If  people never learn from the past, they wont live to see the future. 

Never trust funcom. 

This ^^^

Fool me once, shame on them (AO)

Fool me twice, shame on me (AOC)

If youre still around to get fooled the 3rd time, well life is going to be very hard for you. I dont see Funcom being liable for anything at this point. They gave you plenty of reasons to not buy this game, and yet people still beleive in giving them the benefit of the doubt. 

Its a really fun game, the combat is sorely lacking, and the "skill points" is still a shrouded way of giving you leveling progress. The quests are actually fun and inventive. 

But really, box price, sub, and cash shop... in this day and age of the MMO industry. Nice try Funcom. Ill see you in 6 months when youre talking F2P just like SWTOR. When will you learn. If other AAA offerings are free, yours doesnt warrant a subscription, no exceptions.

Hehehe so true, AoC was the first game i bought, i waited for 2 years for that game, and after release nothing was in the game as they said, and when ppl complained about it, they told everybody that content after lvl 30, housing and siege battles was just minor things ..... the things they have promoted so dearly for years =) I will never ever by a game from them anymore!

while yes the fool me once twice a idiot makes sense why is it that they should get away with no accountability if they do something shady they should be called out on it like blaming a victim for being robbed

just because someone gives benefit of the doubt doesnt give right to be taken advantage of them being a business should know better already

• LethionnLethionn Member Posts: 13

Ive posted pics of the latest emails + my acc page banned in the first post.

Just in case ppl doubt me.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them, don't get me wrong I'm loving the game but my experience with money and customer support has been less than perfect in the past. They flagged my account as banned once, when in fact it hadn't been banned there had just been a problem with a payment, happened at a weekend too, not fun.

You might not be banned it could well be your account has been flagged for some other reason, unless of course you sent some less than polite replies to their emails?

The BBB can't really do anything. They'll just contact Funcom and get their side of the story, and nothing will really be done except for maybe filing a public report and affecting their rating.

Were do you people get this info.

Want to know a little secret?  The BBB doesn't call nearly as many people as consumers seem to think.  I ran a small business for many years.  A business that dealt with people when they were at one of the most stressed times of thier lives.  I CONSTANTLY had to deal with people yelling at me, and  threatening me (seriously, the number of times I had to call the cops or go to court because of the people I dealt with was stupid).

I can't even tell you how many times I got, "I'm going to call the BBB on you!"  Eventually I started giving those people a quarter, the number, and then showed them were the payphone was.  NOT ONCE did the BBB ever all me.  I did, however, have a very poor rating with them.

No one but angry consumers, who are usually wrong to begin with, actually cares abut the BBB. 

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Uhwop

Were do you people get this info.

Want to know a little secret?  The BBB doesn't call nearly as many people as consumers seem to think.  I ran a small business for many years.  A business that dealt with people when they were at one of the most stressed times of thier lives.  I CONSTANTLY had to deal with people yelling at me, and  threatening me (seriously, the number of times I had to call the cops or go to court because of the people I dealt with was stupid).

I can't even tell you how many times I got, "I'm going to call the BBB on you!"  Eventually I started giving those people a quarter, the number, and then showed them were the payphone was.  NOT ONCE did the BBB ever all me.  I did, however, have a very poor rating with them.

No one but angry consumers, who are usually wrong to begin with, actually cares abut the BBB. 

Yeah, I guess I should have said "If they actually decide to do something, they'll just contact Funcom blah blah etc". I agree that the BBB is generally useless and companies don't usually give a damn about them or their rating.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

If a company promise me"A" I will deamand that. If they refuse to give me "A" I will continue to demand it. It makes no difference what they say or why they claim the cant give me "A". I will not listen or think about it at all. I will just continue to demand "A".

The company will probanly be forced to call the police eventually. Because I will continue and will  get very nasty if they continue to refuse to give me what I demand.

People should never give up if they are entitled. You have rights! Individual rights! If a company fails attack them hard...

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

Does not suprise me that Funcom are grabing as that's what they do best. I will never buy another funcom game as long as I have a hole in my @ss....

Asbo

Originally posted by Lethionn

Let me guess. 

Every time they sent you an email saying that you weren't getting the points, you sent in a new petition.  How many times did you petition the exact same thing? 

That's a bannable offense in basically every MMO I've played.

Let me guess. 

Every time they sent you an email saying that you weren't getting the points, you sent in a new petition.  How many times did you petition the exact same thing? 

I only petitioned once, if you check the email screenshots you will notice the ticket number at the top is the same in each one.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Don't give Funcom your money from now on. I used to play AoC and they still never added most of the features they said they were going to.

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

Let me guess. 

But if the customer is right and the company is wrong he should do that anyway. Why should anyone accept fraud or unfair treatment? If they think it is a bannable offense they should have to deal with the customers lawyers. Why should he give up if he knows he is right?

Let me guess. 

I only petitioned once, if you check the email screenshots you will notice the ticket number at the top is the same in each one.

So what did they ban you for? 

Let me guess. 

I have no idea i just recieved the last email saying the problem was resolved, then tried to log into the game and when i couldnt i loged into account page and was banned.

I havent recieved enything since that last email.

Let me guess. 

I have no idea i just recieved the last email saying the problem was resolved, then tried to log into the game and when i couldnt i loged into account page and was banned.

I havent recieved enything since that last email.

I think I would probably call them at this point.

• KumateKumate Member Posts: 69

I was wrong..so edited this post.

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

Wow, you're actually getting devs to handle your account problems?  You must have the hookup.

Originally posted by Kumate

Here, Ill be straight to the point.  YOU ARE LIEING OR you where the only person to this typo e-mail .

Heres what I know.  The DEVS I have talk to have told me more the once that if you have issue and can provide screenshots they will fix the issue basically no questions asked if you have proof.  Your email would be proof.  They also keep a log of what day they sent your email to you so if it was really sent on the 5th, so they would correct themseleves if they were wrong.

HERES WHY I AM SURE YOUR LIEING.  I have 3 closed beta accounts.  ALL THREE OF THEM got an email on June 1st.  ALL THREE OF MY EMAILS LOOK LIKE YOURS, except they say JUNE 6TH as the end date.  I also had to go into customer service and talk to them about my points and the Dev clearly stated to me it was June 6th. 

You can't get robbed of free bonus points.

Nice photoshop job thou. 

I will provide said email once I erase my user name from the screen shot because I am not photoshop talented and do not know how.

You are missing one small detail here, yes there were emails sent on the 1st but your overlooking 1 thing, my account wasnt made until 3rd where i got my key which is why i got the 2nd batch of the offer not the 1st one.

You can see the creation date in the banned screenshot i provided.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

wow  im feel soo sorry abouth you ,getting robed by Failcom and after that you just get banned  because of theyr bad suport...so sad.

and thats the reason im not buying or paying anithing from this companny TSW soon will be f2p tho thast why they are trying make enough money band lifetime sub before it gos f2p ,mi opinion the game dont  have the quality and content to be a sussesfull sub game .

and then again im soo sorry .

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

You are missing one small detail here, yes there were emails sent on the 1st but your overlooking 1 thing, my account wasnt made until 3rd where i got my key which is why i got the 2nd batch of the offer not the 1st one.

You can see the creation date in the banned screenshot i provided.

Sounds like a bug in the e-mail system.  Second batch of e-mails went out with a different date, and despite it being their error Funcom is denying it (or doesn't have a clue that there even was a bug).

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

Lethion, is there no consumer protection organisation in Denmark you can all, or threaten to call if you contact Funcom? I know from experience that in the UK when you tell a company your going to contact the Ombudsmen they get VERY co-operative, VERY quickly.

This one's at the stage where you really need to get someone involved with consumer protection at the end of the phone and tell them exactly what's going on. Once you get a firm legal stance you can then ring Funcom and let them know you mean business.

Don't take this shit.

This discussion has been closed.