Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Do You Want To Be?

13»

Comments

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

this is by far going to be the hardest thing for me to figure out as I generally always go for a healer first. I also generally go for tank 2nd ..

I guess guardian sounds the most appealing ..

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Warrior.

I tried guardian too, but the class is too "magic" for me (and can't use bows either for ranged).

I always enjoyed playing the typical heroic fantasy warrior (think "Aragorn" in Lord of the Rings), and the GW2 Warrior is exactly that.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Chile267Chile267 Member UncommonPosts: 141

Main-Human Necro

Alt-Norn Ranger

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Buying more slots. All of them.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343
    Originally posted by Magnetia

Buying more slots. All of them.

Well...

THIS IS TRUTH!!! 

lol

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Last time I played I found myself really enjoying warrior, which actually surprised me.

I thought I would go for elementalist because of the insane flexibility they have, or thief because of all the cool teleportation and stealth attacks.  But to my surprise, I found myself preferring warrior to both of them.

It's actually an incredibly versatile class.  It has insane melee DPS with 2H Sword, great CC with hammer, awesome Aoe range with bow, or ST range with rifle, and really good defense with mace and shield.  And that's not even all their weapons!

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• ZoyitaZoyita Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Gamayun
    Originally posted by Zoyita

*snip*

About soloing - in the last BWE and the stress test, it wasn't difficult just for mesmers.

If I remember correctly, before BWE2 some adjustments were made to higher levels in PvE and that broke the balance in lower level areas, but they said they are going to fix that. 

So soloing was frustrating, sometimes not even viable in the last BWE in general, but I believe mesmers and a few other classes felt the change more than some others (guardian still seemed easy, while my thief seemed on nightmare mode when there was nobody around, and I didn't have that problem during BWE1). Skill tiers didn't help with that either. 

I'm not sure if I understood what disappeared in your traits, but there have been some changes to skill and trait tiers between BWE1 and BWE2. You can't unclock all tiers of a trait line right away, if that's what you meant. You need to reach a certain level and buy the training manual to unlock the next tier, only then you can spend your points there. 

I don't like how this makes leveling more important than before, but that's the route they chose. 

As for the mesmer - many players protested about how the class plays and what it can do, and Anet said they'll look into it, but from what I recall they don't plan to change the mechanics drastically. 

We'll really have to wait at least until BWE3 to see what the changes are. 

Not talking about the skills that are by tier now, Im talking about the traits hum for example on mesmer Chaos, Illusions, etc etc like here lookie:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/e/e3/2012_Feb_hero_panel_(traits).jpg

I could only add there 2 of an entire line, the first 2. (The picture is just an example from the wiki those dont belong to mesmer)

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185

I been worried about my favorite class too, Mesmer i was wondering if i was gonna make a post about it but luckyly i found this thread.

Well i played ranger and guardian and i love it!, sincerely what i always wanted to main was a mesmer, i know all we had been playing are betas but i cant help this feeling of frustration and disapointness towards the mesmer. I was planning so many things that i wanted to do, i was happy because i tought i could pve alone having 3 other people with me (my clones and my phantasms) dont get me wrong i enjoy playing with other people but sometimes you want to do something and other people wanna do something different, i liked the idea of this freedom and flexibility but they did changed this on the last betas, now this clones and phantasms are 1-2 hit dead and i cant fight multiple monsters because the pve monsters will always attack me they wont get fooled by my ilusions this doesnt make any sense to me since im a mesmer i should be the master of ilusions, omg guys i dont know what i will do if this doesnt get fixed, what if Arena net simply want it to be like that and they dont fix it. Also in WvW my ilusions are just staring doing anything at first i tought i was lagging but this time i realized is not lag.

Im very sad and im scared that this is everything the mesmer can do. Also this last beta i could only open the first 2 slots of only 2 rows in the traits, maybe was a bug but what if they decreased the ammount of points per lvl...? anyone knows?

before this stress test (last beta weekend) i had 2 rows completetly open (ilusions and something else complete and also 2 first slots of other one). All of that was gone.

Mesmer is being reworked, wait for BWE 3.

Also,  most classes can't take on multiple  mobs in a higher level zone, it's not just mesmers. I had no problems soloing content as mine. Regarding WvW, we have some amazing skills: Chaos storm/Nullfield/ Mirror Feedback/Portal/MassInvis/Time Warp/Temporal Curtain.

• badgererbadgerer Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by Creslin321

Last time I played I found myself really enjoying warrior, which actually surprised me.

I thought I would go for elementalist because of the insane flexibility they have, or thief because of all the cool teleportation and stealth attacks.  But to my surprise, I found myself preferring warrior to both of them.

It's actually an incredibly versatile class.  It has insane melee DPS with 2H Sword, great CC with hammer, awesome Aoe range with bow, or ST range with rifle, and really good defense with mace and shield.  And that's not even all their weapons!

Yeah I had a go with the warrior last time too. There was the one attack in particular with 2H swords which exemplified the game design's mantra of "fail to move out of the way of this and you will terminally regret it." It seemed way too powerful at least in the PvE I was doing since mobs wouldn't get out of the way of it, meaning there was way less incentive to switch to other more sane weapons. I kind of hope they either nerf it or empower mobs to get the fuck out of the way once in a while rather than stand in the vortex of the unholy fuckstorm that was that attack. 

• GoresonGoreson Member Posts: 122

A cheerleader in a short, short skirt and an even short top, all in variations of pink and white, with long pigtails and a huge lollypop I can lick on.

Not sure how this relates to this topic but you asked :-P

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

if they don't do a major rehaul of skills than thief. Currently, thief can be unkillable in pve

• GamayunGamayun Member CommonPosts: 73

Not talking about the skills that are by tier now, Im talking about the traits hum for example on mesmer Chaos, Illusions, etc etc like here lookie:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/e/e3/2012_Feb_hero_panel_(traits).jpg

I could only add there 2 of an entire line, the first 2. (The picture is just an example from the wiki those dont belong to mesmer)

As I was trying to say, traits are tiered too. The tiers are linked to level, unlock through training manual, and points spent. For example, as a mesmer you can't unlock the last, grandmaster tier in the illusion line (or any other, for that matter) before you have first reached lvl 60, bought and used the the grandmaster training manual, and  filled out the previous tiers of the same line. 
  • miramira2miramira2 Member UncommonPosts: 76

I am doing all of them (more slots...), starting with these:

Sylvari Ranger (main)

Asura Mesmer

Human Guardian

Norn Warrior

Charr Engineer

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

Thief to the bone baby :)

Until I can beat the top players, I won't give up on improving my mastering of the class.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

This has me worried, actually, because I've tried a few classes so far, well all except warrior and engineer, but I just can't decide.  I'd like to make a main (Norn) and stick with it right through for storyline, and also to get a good feel of skills/traits/tactics for pvp, and then make alts later. 

So, maybe that first main will be a Guardian.  Reading this thread has me definitely keen to try the warrior, though, which is a class I never usually play, and I might at some point try the engineer.  Overall, still undecided and hoping this last beta will help me make my mind up because I don't want to be farting about with different classes come launch ... I just want to get stuck in and enjoy some immersive play.

• J2theKJ2theK Member Posts: 2

I really want to do Sylvari Ranger, Human Mesmer, Asura Warrior.  But I have a feeling there are going to be like a million Sylvari Rangers running around Pale Tree Land and I always try to not pick the most popular.  Darn, and I didn't make a Ranger in GW1 because it was the most popular when I started that.  I'm sure I'll do it anyway.