Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Did they remove clothing before launch?

evolpcevolpc Wauseon, OHPosts: 72Member Uncommon

Forgive me if this is covered somewhere else, but upon logging in for early access I have noticed that there seem to be much fewer clothing options at character creation than there were in beta. Maybe I am wrong but it really seems to be the case. I can't seem to find clothing I can tolerate seeing my character wear. If they did remove them it seems like a bad move, as one of the primary concerns about this game is character creation. I don't remember having this hard of a time finding a suitable outfit to wear.

Comments

  • CursedseiCursedsei Clarkston, MIPosts: 1,012Member

    It's entirely possible yes. I know Vindictus had many of the hair choices that were available during its beta locked up behind the "rent" shop (at the time) as soon as the game had its cash shop up and running.

    Of course hair styles aren't clothing options, but then again that was Nexon, not Funcom. You'd probably get a more definitive response from them.

  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

    yes they did.. but they moved it all to in game vendors that you use ingame curreny to buy the stuff with and its pretty cheap..

    The actual cash shop has some special sets that ive never seen before.. nothing i would be interested in anyway..

    No idea why they did it.. but i got lucky and they didnt move out the stuff i wanted..

  • MMOSavantMMOSavant NuneatonPosts: 170Member

    This is the first i'd heard of this, it seems an odd thing to do. I noticed the reduced clothing options in beta weekend 4 but assumed it was just beta. It's a shame there aren't the same options at character creations. I wish they'd just created more for the vendors, rather than take away from creation.

  • teakboisteakbois Parlin, NJPosts: 2,154Member

    Its not normal to do this?  i always remove my clothing before a launch...

  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,064Member Uncommon
    I dont mind its not about how you look at the beginning of the journey but at the end ofthe journey, where can i buy this armor in Kingsmouth?

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Puerto OrdazPosts: 1,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MMOSavant

    This is the first i'd heard of this, it seems an odd thing to do. I noticed the reduced clothing options in beta weekend 4 but assumed it was just beta. It's a shame there aren't the same options at character creations. I wish they'd just created more for the vendors, rather than take away from creation.

    The first beta had lots of outfits that were removed, things like shades, trenchcoats and the like. According to the official forums they were meant to be exclusive to the in-game cloth vendors (note, not cash shop, you buy them with in-game money), but were added as options on the CC for the earlier betas to test them out (to look for clipping problems and the like).

    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    I dont mind its not about how you look at the beginning of the journey but at the end ofthe journey, where can i buy this armor in Kingsmouth?

    You can buy them in the Pangaea store in London.

    What can men do against such reckless hate?

  • FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Long Beach, CAPosts: 1,156Member
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    I dont mind its not about how you look at the beginning of the journey but at the end ofthe journey, where can i buy this armor in Kingsmouth?

    If i'm not mistaken, all clothing is sold in London. And the Cash Shop of course.

  • TerronteTerronte Cedar Rapids, IAPosts: 321Member
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    I dont mind its not about how you look at the beginning of the journey but at the end ofthe journey, where can i buy this armor in Kingsmouth?

    I thought you bought clothing in the hubs?

  • DakirnDakirn Kansas City, MOPosts: 374Member Uncommon

    The clothing was moved to Pangea from the CC because the game needs money (Pax) sinks and clothing is one of them.

    Why bother buying any in-game clothing at all if you can get the perfect clothing at character creation?  It's not good for an ecnonomy or a game where your appearance is based on that clothing.

    None of the clothing removed was put into the cash shop, it's all in Pangea.  Only new clothing (created by Artists paid for with money from the cash shop) will be in the cash shop.  This clothing will also eventually make it into the game on the in-game vendors for Pax.

    If you want something now you can buy it or wait for it to eventually make it into Pangea.

  • Sameer1979Sameer1979 ParisPosts: 362Member

    All the clothing earlier avilable at character creation is now moved to npc cloth vendors in london. It was done to increase money sink and differentiate new players from those who have been playing for long.

  • AlienShirtAlienShirt Crashed Flying SaucerPosts: 613Member Uncommon

    Some of the clothing that used to be available at Character Creation was indeed moved to the Cash Shop. One example I can think of the top of my head is the men's shirt (that had several top buttons open) with vest.

  • DakirnDakirn Kansas City, MOPosts: 374Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by AlienShirt

    Some of the clothing that used to be available at Character Creation was indeed moved to the Cash Shop. One example I can think of the top of my head is the men's shirt (that had several top buttons open) with vest.

    It's also in Pangea.  If not, write a bug report because it's incorrect.

  • AlienShirtAlienShirt Crashed Flying SaucerPosts: 613Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Dakirn
    Originally posted by AlienShirt

    Some of the clothing that used to be available at Character Creation was indeed moved to the Cash Shop. One example I can think of the top of my head is the men's shirt (that had several top buttons open) with vest.

    It's also in Pangea.  If not, write a bug report because it's incorrect.

    Are you referring to the T-Shirt with Vest? I am a talking about the button-up shirt (that the top few buttons aren't buttoned) with vest. I saw it myself in the Cash Shop last night during testing.

  • Artair83Artair83 Canton, OHPosts: 48Member Uncommon

    Actually all the clothes are not in London unless they moved them back again, not played in a little while they split clothes out among a bunch of vendors a while back. You'll find clothes at:

    - London: Pangaea (Business and Casual and Shoes)

    - London: Haitian Market ("Vintage")

    - NYC: Vendor on the street (Street clothes)

    - Seoul: Vendors in front of the Kumiho Hotel ("Couture")

    - Egypt: Al-Merya (Eyewear)

    - Egypt: Al-Merya (Random clothes that are pricier than the othesr vendors)

  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Puerto OrdazPosts: 1,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ahall1983

    Actually all the clothes are not in London unless they moved them back again, not played in a little while they split clothes out among a bunch of vendors a while back. You'll find clothes at:

    - London: Pangaea (Business and Casual and Shoes)

    - London: Haitian Market ("Vintage")

    - NYC: Vendor on the street (Street clothes)

    - Seoul: Vendors in front of the Kumiho Hotel ("Couture")

    - Egypt: Al-Merya (Eyewear)

    - Egypt: Al-Merya (Random clothes that are pricier than the othesr vendors)

    Haven't played much myself (at work right now) but I did read on the forums that they're all now in London (not sure about the egypt ones, though).

    What can men do against such reckless hate?

  • DanitaKusorDanitaKusor AdelaidePosts: 549Member Uncommon

    None of the clothes that were in the beta weekends have appeared in the cash shop. However, some of the vendors in London seem to have vanished (vintage clothing for example) so I assume they have moved to another area.

    The Enlightened take things Lightly

  • Artair83Artair83 Canton, OHPosts: 48Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by L0C0Man
    Originally posted by ahall1983

    Actually all the clothes are not in London unless they moved them back again, not played in a little while they split clothes out among a bunch of vendors a while back. You'll find clothes at:

    - London: Pangaea (Business and Casual and Shoes)

    - London: Haitian Market ("Vintage")

    - NYC: Vendor on the street (Street clothes)

    - Seoul: Vendors in front of the Kumiho Hotel ("Couture")

    - Egypt: Al-Merya (Eyewear)

    - Egypt: Al-Merya (Random clothes that are pricier than the othesr vendors)

    Haven't played much myself (at work right now) but I did read on the forums that they're all now in London (not sure about the egypt ones, though).

    Just went back to look (they wiped our beta chars so not played in a bit too) looks like the shop in NYC is gone maybe they did all go back to London, not sure why they keep doing that it really makes all the cities but London pretty pointless.

  • DanitaKusorDanitaKusor AdelaidePosts: 549Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ahall1983

    Just went back to look (they wiped our beta chars so not played in a bit too) looks like the shop in NYC is gone maybe they did all go back to London, not sure why they keep doing that it really makes all the cities but London pretty pointless.

    Well I'm heading to New York for my rank 3 quest atm, I'll take a good look around and see if I can find the clothing vendors.

    Edit: It does look like the vendors that were in NY are now in the shop in London.  There are now 7 vendors per gender in London instead of 3.

    The Enlightened take things Lightly

Sign In or Register to comment.