Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Omfg ... I love this game ! ( Except for Out of Memory crashes )

Sorry I felt I just had to say it :-) 

on a side note any one else had the Out of memory crashes , is there anything I can do about it ? 

Comments

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by andreawales

on a side note any one else had the Out of memory crashes , is there anything I can do about it ? 

What version are you using?  DX9 or DX11?  Video Card?  Tesselation?  Anti-Alias?

Second, what other programs do you have running?

Third, most important - What OS and how much ram?

• andreawalesandreawales Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by jdnyc

What version are you using?  DX9 or DX11?  Video Card?  Tesselation?  Anti-Alias?

I'm using DX9 , GT 8800 no Anti-Alias ( dont know about Tesselation ) Windows 7 32 and 4 Gig Ram  :-)

• Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128

I'm using DX9 , GT 8800 no Anti-Alias ( dont know about Tesselation ) Windows 7 32 and 4 Gig Ram  :-)

Well your video card is getting a little old. Not that TWS requires high end graphic card, but you could use an upgrade.

Rest should be fine.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Out of memory? hmmm....its probably those 4 gigs...

• FraugnutzFraugnutz Member Posts: 69

I would says its probably the 32 bit OS and the 4 gigs RAM...the game utilizes lots of RAM and I had the same issue until i upgraded my OS to 64 bit and added 4 more g's. Kinda tough upgrading everytime a new mmo comes out I know, but I guess thats just the nature of the beast that is PC gaming. :( 

• AdokaumAdokaum Member UncommonPosts: 84

Sounds like Age of Conan all over again. They still haven't fixed memory leaks on that and it is mostly to do with a 32bit OS. As soon as I got a win7 64bit it solved all the problems. 4Gb was fine to run AoC and TSW is technically inferior so there is no need to upgrade that.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Are you also coming from the in-game browser? image

Originally posted by Method01

Well your video card is getting a little old. Not that TWS requires high end graphic card

Completely wrong about that.  That card can run the game, but for full options you're going to need a new card.

To the OP - make sure your drivers are up to date.  see if you can upgrade to a higher OS with 64 bit.

I would say upgrade the ram, but that caps at 4gb for 32 bit doesn't it?

Originally posted by Adokaum

TSW is technically inferior so there is no need to upgrade that.

LOL....wait wait.....LOL

Oh thanks, best most misinformed troll post I found all week.

• MouthMouth Member Posts: 113

Yes: it really helps with 64 bit OS. a lot! and worth it - TSW is probably the best MMO ever made the last 6 years, it's innovative, awesome combats systems and awesome story. I'm enjoying it like I did wow at launch.

LOL....wait wait.....LOL

Oh thanks, best most misinformed troll post I found all week.

How exactly is that trolling? Are you saying TSW is far more resource hungry than age of conan ever was with its poor optimization? Did you even play that game?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

this is an issue with 32bit operating systems..

Try the following in this link

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/qaID.asp?tip=5551

Your OS is limited to the amount of ram it can allocate to software, doing what the guy says in the above link might help a bit..

Im suprised people still use 32bit operating systems... 64bit has been around and working fine for ages..

Anyway hope the above link helps.. game is bloody awesome :)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Inferior to what?

You do realise its probally one of the most advanced MMORPGs out on the market graphics wise.. technically that is..

Cant think of any other that supports tesselation and other dx11 features..

Only one that comes close is Entropia Universe

Pretty much my whole post I was comparing TSW to funcoms previous mmo (Age of Conan) because of the same memory issues present there, so if it wasn't clear enough what i was comparing it to then you need to l2read.

• AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621

TSW still has memory leak issues. Even with Windows 7 x64 and 8GB memory I encountered it multiple times while closed beta testing.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I do remember that AoC had a lot of problem with 32 bits OS and they do have the same engine so it is not impossible that it have the same issue.

OP: A new videocard and upgrading to Win 7 64 bits would help a lot. Some more memory wouldn´t hurt either but you need to upgrade windows to 64 bits for that.

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Errgghh! I was going to wait til next week to buy but i caved in! Haha.

Templars 4 lyfe INIT!!!

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353

Ugh I thought you were going to elaborate on your experience.. I am dissapoint.

Eat me!

• andreawalesandreawales Member Posts: 44

Thanks for all the awesome advice guys , seems an upgrade required is the majority of the advice ... so I'll have to struggle through until I get paid again and maybe upgrade .. worst part is I get paid monthly ! Sob :(

On the plus side if there has ever been a game worthy of an upgrade this is it ! :-)

Thanks again :)