Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: New Promotion Incentives Detailed

2»

Comments

• LukainLukain Member UncommonPosts: 591

Am I missing something here? If you had previously purchased the game you can come back for 2 days free, really & thats an incentive . didnt Rift offer any returning players all the time they like  up to level 20  so you could play 8 characters to 20 ..

Droping the sub cost is a start  & a free client is good " I think all clients should be Free" , but FTP would be better , FTP dosent allways meen you get a bunch of moochers  if done right you can get people to spend more than the current monthly sub , ask the people at EQ2  who now have a 1 year sub & $100 in the Cash shop from me  lol :)

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Promotion sounds good, I'll be picking it back up at least for awhile for sure.

A few people in this thread have posted things that arnt true/misinformed, their is not going to be a wipe, it has been said quite a few times, there is going to be a skill cap/restrictions in 2.0 and its not 'FTP', their dropping the box price alltogther and reducing the monthy fee until the launch of 2.0.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

I'll be going back as soon as the free account option is available.

Nothing else has been as immersive as this game.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

Unless I can log in to a max skill character, I just dont see going back. The skill grind (and bad combat) runs me off every time.

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

Im not paying to go back when my character is going to be wiped.

They still havent changed any of the issues for me, no skill caps being the number one issue from day one. There is no way you can ever compete with the afk macro'ers and exploiters this late in the game. I agree those playing a long time should be strong, but with this system youre nothing but free kills no matter what amount of time you put in. Its impossible now to make any ground, even exploiting your skills constantly around the clock.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

they'd have to pay me 9.95 a month to play that game.

• grumbagzgrumbagz Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by mCalvert

Unless I can log in to a max skill character, I just dont see going back. The skill grind (and bad combat) runs me off every time.

honestely youll be able to max your character in a day or less with these gains. after the last exp weekend which was 4x gains, you could get pretty close if not maxed in the 3 days. this will be pretty close to use the spell/skill 1 time and max it.

• alf2oooalf2ooo Member UncommonPosts: 139

The promotion is actually really good, kudos AV

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by alakram
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by Caldrin

It would have to be really cheap to bring me back at the moment..

"Starting Friday the 29th, the client purchase will be removed, the monthly subscription will drop and skill gains, while diminished compared to the two previous days, will still be substantially higher than what they are now."

The way I'm reading that quote, DF is going to be F2P from the 29th. No purchase required and no sub fee. Can't get cheaper than that image

You misunderstood it. No game purchase is needed to create a new account and the sub fee will be lower. Also they will let old players play for free from the 27 to the 28. So:

New players only need to pay the sube and are good to go.

Old players can play for free for 2 days.

Always wanted to give DF a semi-serious try. With no client price and a 9.95 monthly sub I might as well jump in today ;-)

[EDIT]

...give DF a try after July 3rd when box prices are dropped ;)

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Messy article, it was editted and bumped, so a lot of the comments are about the initial post.

You want to be reading this one: http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3247

The entire thing starts on Monday, July 2nd (14:00 GMT, 07:00 PST). It lasts up till 2.0's release (which still has no release date and is likely months away).

• fonoifonoi Member UncommonPosts: 56

Yeah I was hoping to finally pickup this game for $9.99.  Guess ill have to wait a few more days?  Or maybe not I hate people who move deadlines!!

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

This is going to be EPIC!  I can;t wait to jump on my guy again and start owning some face!  There will be so many newbies to slaughter!

Then in a week they will have their skills maxed... and if they are good at FPS then I will get my face smashed.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Originally posted by alakram
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by Caldrin

It would have to be really cheap to bring me back at the moment..

"Starting Friday the 29th, the client purchase will be removed, the monthly subscription will drop and skill gains, while diminished compared to the two previous days, will still be substantially higher than what they are now."

The way I'm reading that quote, DF is going to be F2P from the 29th. No purchase required and no sub fee. Can't get cheaper than that image

You misunderstood it. No game purchase is needed to create a new account and the sub fee will be lower. Also they will let old players play for free from the 27 to the 28. So:

New players only need to pay the sube and are good to go.

Old players can play for free for 2 days.

Old players need about 2 days to adjust their autohotkey scripts just so they're able to use the UI and compete in DF's unbalanced world of PVP that's an utter waste of player  time investment just to be viable to PVP. Not to mention you'll need two days of resource gathering downtime for your flash in the pan pvping moments. DF 1 is too long in the tooth to not just  be a meat shield for two days of play time.

It's not so difficult to copy your old bindings to your char folder; stop the bullshit :)

• urthal22urthal22 Member UncommonPosts: 108

if you have friends who can feed you Regs, this promotion might be worth it.... otherwise the time farming your regs, ull be out of 20x exp gain by the time you have enough regs for everything

You guys cannot read it seems, the skill gain and loot multiplier are permanent.

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141

was there from the first beta, all the following betas, after launch,........................you couldn't pay me to go back to this crap.