Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you still playing D3?

Comments

• TorqiaTorqia Member UncommonPosts: 73

Patch last night (or was it today?) was godsend. huge improvement on drops and repair costs..

I dont touch the RMAH but i do occationaly enjoy a quick run at act 2 inferno on my monk

I agree that this game for alot of reasons doesnt come close to d2 but i am still have a decent time waiting for some better game to come along and sweep me of my feet. (Its been quite a while since that happend and i think im not alone in that regard..)

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Hell no

Hope they take another 12 or more years to make D4 as I might forget how bad D3 was by then.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Yeah, this is by far my most played single player game ever, as far as hours played goes that is.  

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789

No. Played a lot for about two or three weeks but it became extremely repetitive. First time through I found it fun and interesting. Now, I just don't see the point. I even told people that I didn't think the game would last long just because of the repetitiveness to it.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

I stopped sometime last week,  made it through hell, started inferno and just lost interest, enjoyed the first couple run throughs though

onward and upward

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Palebane
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    Originally posted by Rednecksith
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

I quit playing.

I wasn't looking for a game that turns everyone into gold farmers. I wanted a game where I could find loot for myself, not find loot then AH or vender 99.9% of it.

The loot drops are a joke, the crafting is a joke, and the RMAH is a joke. Unfortunately, I'm not laughing.

Gambling in D2 was perfectly acceptable, yet crafting in D3 is constantly bitched about, even though its almost exactly the same mechanic (a bit less random though).

People love to forget the fact that 99% of the drops in D2 were vendor trash, if they were even worth picking up in the first place. Same goes for Torchlight 1 & 2, Diablo 1, NOX, Titan Quest, and pretty much every other ARPG ever made. Yet only D3 gets flak for it, go figure right?

People bitch about having to farm for gear, but had absolutely no problems whatsoever doing 500000000 Baal / Andy / Nithalak runs in a row to *gasp* GET GEAR. Wow, imagine that, farming for gear was fine and fun in D2 for some reason, yet in D3 it's considered a bad thing.

The hypocrisy shown by most critics of D3 is simply astounding. Most are great examples of the, "But mommy, I want to win  NOW!!!", generation of gamers.

Oh, and I do still play and enjoy the game.

Yawn.

The tired old "gamers" who tell everyone grinding for hours and hours and hours for nothing is the fun are no better than those of use who want to play for a few hours and have something to show for it. I don't want to have to play for 10 hours straight in order to get one or if im lucky two items that are somewhat useful.

Isn't that still the basis of a large majority of online multiplayer RPGs at endgame? Some games still take weeks or even months before you get an upgrade, and people still find them enjoyable.

Hmm, this would be  a good point if the game was made to be a MMO, but its not, so meh. Playing multiplayer in D3 leads to yer acct. getting compromised.

Lolipops !

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Fun ended after a week, the blizzard fail boat goes on...

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

nope.   I wanted to play Diablo 3 and have fun, not be forced to be a gold farmer.         

Loot drops are pathic and insulting and there's no reason to play once you get to Inferno unless you are ok with becoming a gold farmer.       This is no exaduration.  In order to get by in Inferno, you HAVE to:

1) re-spec your character to a FOTM build that everyone else will be using (all that "Viability over Optimization" crap was a straight out LIE)

2) re-gear your character with gold find, regardless if that's your interest or not

3) Sometimes (most of the time) be forced to "leave game" and start a new one because some elite-packs spawn that have unbeatable affixes that stand in between you and victory (progression) -- This is by design.  It's a cheap attempt at "difficulty".   Literally, some shit in the game is there just to cause insta-deaths.   

4) No matter what gear you are wearing, there are plenty of ways to get 1-shotted.       No more gratification.  No more feeling like you're character will ever be overpowered, because Blizzard consistantly nerfs anything the players start to do to make the game playable.

5) the point of the game, even clearly explained by blizzard, is to farm elite-packs to get a 5stack goldfinding buff so that you can kill more elite-packs and make more gold so you can buy new gear from the AH.... drops are only there to slow you down, as once your bag is full, you have to stop to vendor it all because it's all TRASH.    All of it.  

6) drops AND crafting supposedly use a RNG (random number generator) --- I do not believe it is truely random, otherwise, you would RANDOMLY get a useful item from time to time...    Nothing random about getting the same useless stats over and over.

7) Every class plays the same once you get to Inferno.  Every elite pack encounter forces all classes to play like a demon hunter.   Run... Run.... shoot.  run run run shoot.  die.    start over.        This is disgusting to try and swallow if you're a melee class who was never interested in the Kiting approach to combat.

8)   BLIZZARD has it's hands in everyone's pocket that plays.    Too much control.   I don't like having to log in and stay connected to my single player game, and even if I did, I don't like that every week, Blizzard decides to nerf something or change the way I'm supposed to do things in my single player game all because they get to decide what's fun and what isn't.     I'm tired of being punished because Blizzard thinks they can stop people that exploit in their own game.   

D3 is ridiculous, and it's not deserving the title of Diablo.       

OP, do the world a favor and support a real dungeon crawler and buy Torchlight 2.

• TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274

I'm waiting til 1.1. If that doesn't fix things, I'll wait until the first expansion or something. If the game isn't good by then, I'll likely never play it again.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

this is the only purchase i regretted over the last 10 years of gaming. i got to inferno in a couple of days, at which point i realized what Blizz's scheme was with the RMT. they jacked up repair costs as a gold dump to force people to use the RMT. this was the most epic of fails ive ever seen in a game. i uninstalled the game instantly once i heard that announcement. in addition, the campaign seemed much too short, so i was grinding the same content over and over again. for some reason, D2/LoD felt a lot longer.

not that it matters, but im basically done with Blizz and will be selling my entire account. theyre not getting a single cent out of me. all my money will be going to ANet and small up-and-coming companies with amazing products, like MWO and Hawken. im very close to boycotting BW as well, we will see where they heading in the near future.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

Still playing, still having fun solo, still making money selling items

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by gimmesome

Loot drops are pathic and insulting and there's no reason to play once you get to Inferno unless you are ok with becoming a gold farmer.       This is no exaduration.  In order to get by in Inferno, you HAVE to:

Definitely not an exaggeration they changed it entirely so they could make it more difficult for when the RMAH opened, thinking wrongly that it would make a difference with gold farmers when all it really did was hurt the players.

3) Sometimes (most of the time) be forced to "leave game" and start a new one because some elite-packs spawn that have unbeatable affixes that stand in between you and victory (progression) -- This is by design.  It's a cheap attempt at "difficulty".   Literally, some shit in the game is there just to cause insta-deaths.   

Definitely a typical Blizzard design, instead of making it challenging they make it impossible.

5) the point of the game, even clearly explained by blizzard, is to farm elite-packs to get a 5stack goldfinding buff so that you can kill more elite-packs and make more gold so you can buy new gear from the AH.... drops are only there to slow you down, as once your bag is full, you have to stop to vendor it all because it's all TRASH.    All of it.

Another typical design by Blizzard, progression by forced grouping is never a good design especially in a game one can play single player and no it's not an mmo so it shouldn't have this as it's design. 

6) drops AND crafting supposedly use a RNG (random number generator) --- I do not believe it is truely random, otherwise, you would RANDOMLY get a useful item from time to time...    Nothing random about getting the same useless stats over and over.

Another thing they did on purpose, to force you to have to use the AH whether you liked it or not.

7) Every class plays the same once you get to Inferno.  Every elite pack encounter forces all classes to play like a demon hunter.   Run... Run.... shoot.  run run run shoot.  die.    start over.        This is disgusting to try and swallow if you're a melee class who was never interested in the Kiting approach to combat.

I too thought this was the most retarded design since the endless gear treadmill.

8)   BLIZZARD has it's hands in everyone's pocket that plays.    Too much control.   I don't like having to log in and stay connected to my single player game, and even if I did, I don't like that every week, Blizzard decides to nerf something or change the way I'm supposed to do things in my single player game all because they get to decide what's fun and what isn't.     I'm tired of being punished because Blizzard thinks they can stop people that exploit in their own game.  

This right here is why i don't play it anymore.

OP, do the world a favor and support a real dungeon crawler and buy Torchlight 2.

Think this was the best part of your whole post LOL !

Originally posted by Chrisbox

Fun ended after a week, the blizzard fail boat goes on...

It does doesn't it, one would think that the bloated egos of the execs would learn by now, but no they are being supported by the people buying their games, and sadly, i was stupid enough to follow friends into this one as well. Never again.

• Lucid10Lucid10 Member Posts: 3

Beat it the first time.  No replayability. 

Originally posted by sonoggi

not that it matters, but im basically done with Blizz and will be selling my entire account. theyre not getting a single cent out of me. all my money will be going to ANet and small up-and-coming companies with amazing products, like MWO and Hawken. im very close to boycotting BW as well, we will see where they heading in the near future.

This.

Well said, sir.    Cheers to MWO and Hawken for sure!     I agree to the fullest on your point here.   I'm on boycott mode in regards to Blizzard.    It's not just about bad choices in game design anymore, or catering to the lowest common denominator, it's now an issue of ethics and morality.     They don't even try to hide their greed anymore and people just let that slide...

We both feel the same in our regret for giving Blizzard money when we bought D3.    I feel so bad for giving them the false message that I support them by opening my wallet for them.     

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Yeah i still play when the mood takes me, it's F2P afterall.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by sonoggi

this is the only purchase i regretted over the last 10 years of gaming.

Agreed, completely.

I've bought games that I didn't like all that much but this piece of junk was a huge let down. It's the only game that I've purchased where I wanted do-overs. It's just simply a pathetic game, sadly.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

The games are to mainstream. All blizzard games. And also to much focus on money grabs and short term greed. With D3 they are not even trying to hide it. Probably because they think people today will accept anything and just continue spending.

• DrWookieDrWookie Member UncommonPosts: 263

I log in about once a week for maybe an hour. I don't even have a tune in inferno! I'm in nightmare. For whatever reason the alure of playing through the acts isn't quite the same as it was with Diablo 2...I just lose interest really quickly during each play session.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

I've put about 40 hours into my monk and around 10 into my wizard. It's just not fun playing through the same content that many times, especially when it's not as open world as an MMO. I'm sure I will play more, but I am not heavily into it right now.

Reptition isn't the main issue for me, tbh.

Diablo 2 was repetitive as well... but that wasn't such a bad thing since we were rewarded for our time spent repeating content...

That's the point.   You redo content to get more rewards.   So what that you run a certain act or boss 5 times today when you got 2-3 loot drops that you could use?

There's no reason to do that in Diablo 3 because in the end, you end up with no gear upgrades, less gold than you started with  (because some sneaky bastard decided it was good to make repair bills deplete your wallet), and a higher blood pressure and stress level since you died 10x trying to beat 1 randomly spawned elite-pack that Blizzard doesn't expect you to beat in the first place.   

I finally gave up on this game when i realized it felt like trying to squeeze "fun" and "enjoyment" out of a tooth ache.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by gimmesome

Reptition isn't the main issue for me, tbh.

Diablo 2 was repetitive as well... but that wasn't such a bad thing since we were rewarded for our time spent repeating content...

That's the point.   You redo content to get more rewards.   So what that you run a certain act or boss 5 times today when you got 2-3 loot drops that you could use?

There's no reason to do that in Diablo 3 because in the end, you end up with no gear upgrades, less gold than you started with  (because some sneaky bastard decided it was good to make repair bills deplete your wallet), and a higher blood pressure and stress level since you died 10x trying to beat 1 randomly spawned elite-pack that Blizzard doesn't expect you to beat in the first place.   

I finally gave up on this game when i realized it felt like trying to squeeze "fun" and "enjoyment" out of a tooth ache.

Diablo 2 had a carrot, Diablo 3 is all stick.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• Crunchy22Crunchy22 Member Posts: 51

I really liked D3 and will be back.  New MMORPG launched and im somewhat burned out after getting mid way through inferno act 2.  As much as i like farming the butcher to continue progress, at this point ive already done all the content several time.

Trying not to burn out, once that happens ill never come back.  Hopefully a new expansion soon...hell id like just to have a 100% random dungeon option..pick your difficulty and get random look bosses and mabey if your lucky a "act like" endboss.

Something like that would really make farming all the better...because again...ive farmed the butcher so many times ive lost count, for weeks...and im farming him so that i can progress past content ive alwady done twice.

I dont agree with most of the D3 haters however, i think its a good game, i like the rune system better than i liked the D2 skill system, i like the AH, i dont use the RMTAH but it doesnt effect me so i dont care, and overall i think it was a good game (with a very lame storyline however, but thats not why i play a game like this)

And i did like infernos difficulty, id have quit  if i was able to complete inferno my first time through which would have occured weeks before i decided to take an extended break.

• Carrotsan85Carrotsan85 Member Posts: 39

d3 is horridly boring ... where's the pvp btw ... I was done with the game after beating it less than 5 days to inferno Act 2.  Uniques not to mention is nearly unfarmable.

• alf2oooalf2ooo Member UncommonPosts: 139

No, i see no point in playing Diablo with no pvp.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646
    AH ruined D3 for me.

I play HC only so I don't even have RMAH.

Game is too easy and drops aren't special anymore. It's all about getting gold to buy better gear. I miss the times when finding a drop was exciting.