Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMITE: Hi Rez Responds to Hindus Upset with Deity Inclusion

13»

Comments

• Swammy22Swammy22 Member UncommonPosts: 64

I think any MMORPG game based on the bible would have to be a sandbox game. That way you could create and then destroy your creations because they do something you don't like! It would be the ulitimate crafting game!

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

I'd actually be more worried if we started seeing the reverse - religious groups actively lobbying games to *include* overtly religious elements.

• PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 134

You wont see Islam/Christian in the game due to one reason really....

The RABID fanatic sects of each.....

the Christians will sue you to heaven and back ...

the Islams will blow-up your house and family.....

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by Politicaldad

You wont see Islam/Christian in the game due to one reason really....

The RABID fanatic sects of each.....

the Christians will sue you to heaven and back ...

the Islams will blow-up your house and family.....

Scientologist will sue to Zenu and back, Christians will just create a negative PR blockade that hits every major broadcasting agency.

~on the other hand, what can hindus possibly do? A song and dance number? /rimshot

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Lumbrales

You know that no one believes in greek mithology, right?

this is untrue.  some religions still revere or respect the old gods.  i'll not weigh on the debate on whether that is acceptable or fathomable to you or this game studio.  but it is what it is.

Originally posted by etlar
    [mod edit]

You're treading dangerous woods atm...

Quick! Tell a joke!

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by GTwander
    Originally posted by etlar
    [mod edit]

You're treading dangerous woods atm...

Quick! Tell a joke!

It had to be said, you cant in  your right mind say: that guy with the thundering hammer 3000 years ago is fantasy,

but that guy who walks on water/can fly 2000 years ago is real.

Just dont make no sense, now theres the joke for you ;)

Quick, Johnny!

Play us out of this mess!

Quick, Johnny!

Play us out of this mess!

Nice one! ;)

• The_emberThe_ember Member UncommonPosts: 56

EDIT: Deleted - religious debate post. Don't want ze Mods on my back.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Imo Hi-Rez are hypocrites here. But I don't care as long as the game is fun.

Edit: and Jesus can be considered a god. He and his "father" were one and the same.

Originally posted by The_ember

EDIT: Deleted - religious debate post. Don't want ze Mods on my back.

Was a very well written post though, was looking forward to how people would respond to it.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300
    Originally posted by WhySoShort
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

I'm still waiting for them to include deities from Abrahamic religions. There's really no reason to exclude them when there's deities from other active religions in the game. Why should Islam and Christianity be exempt?

Mainly because Abrahamic religious figures like Jesus, Muhammad or Allah are too broad in the scope of their powers to fit into the niche neccesary to be a character in a game like this. However, if you dig deeper into Jewish and Islamic mythology (in contrast to religion) you'll find characters like Lillith and the Angel of Death who work brillianly as video game characters.

i smell BS coming from your post and its very stinky

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Lol @ the reply to the Hindus.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Razeekster

I find his response to be very rude. He just basically told the Hindus "screw you and your opinions." Their religion is no less important than anyother religion. If he's going to use their gods he needs to use ALL of the gods, indlucing god and Jesus himself. Otherwise he's being a giant hypocrite.

I don't think anything he said was all that insulting, but trying to philosophise and then say "ponder that a minute" is just asking for it. There wouldn't even be a brief pause before a zealot yells "Rabble! Rabble, Rabble!".

As for Jesus/God being a playable deity, it simply doesn't work because using Jesus would be akind to putting Buddha or Ghandi in a battle arena game. Unless the theme of the game is 'total irony' it simply doesn't work. Plus, all hindu gods have tons of visual representations in books and murals, while the visual ideal of God and angels were ripped from visual representations of Zeus and Nike, respectively. The former already being in-game.

Uh oh, I done it now, ain't I?

Considering I don't believe in any "higher power," your comment doesn't really affect me, but I still think that a religious group has a right to speak up for their religion if they see it as being "trivialized" by other corporations.

Also, Zeus and the whole Greek religion was taken from another religion. All religions in ancient society had common similarities, such as having a diety have a son through a mother virgin. It's how "Jesus" was made up.

And yes I know Jesus could have very well been a  real man, but he was no son of some "god" because god [mod edit] was also taken from many other ancient religions.

Smile