Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kickstarter campaign is now live.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by dangle

I've added my $100 to the kickstarter campaign. I've bought way more than $100 worth of crap in the past and this seems like a solid effort. It's going in the right direction and I want them to be able to finish it.

wish i had that kind of moeny to donate... i put in $20 and glad they met their goal!

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by dangle

I've added my $100 to the kickstarter campaign. I've bought way more than $100 worth of crap in the past and this seems like a solid effort. It's going in the right direction and I want them to be able to finish it.

wish i had that kind of moeny to donate... i put in $20 and glad they met their goal!

Every bit helps A&BT make this game even better

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Member UncommonPosts: 171

AC was started by a small group of motivated people with and idea. Best sandbox to date....

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Soo many gullible people out there.

If the devs cannot gain a playerbase or investment on their own - the laws of business state they should not be allowed to continue, it will only end in disaster.

Originally posted by Vortigon

Soo many gullible people out there.

If the devs cannot gain a playerbase or investment on their own - the laws of business state they should not be allowed to continue, it will only end in disaster.

Maybe you should do some research before you post.

The game has been completely self funded by the Development Team.

The Devs decided that with the increase in interest and the implimentaion of the Kickstarter program that they would see if the fans wanted to contribute to making it better.

It primarily finished and the Kickstarter funds are to used for enhancement to what they have now.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

I have donated, this game has much more potential than GW2

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

This is what I find hard to comprehend really....

Hero Engine....

I can see a couple posters in this thread that have already pledged money to this game, yet over in TES:O forums, when the mention of Hero Engine was used (Not even as release engine, but a scratch board) they seriously went flamant hater on the game and havent turned back since.

So I guess my question really is....

Why is it ok for this game to use Hero Engine when you guys had such a HUGE problem when you thought that's what TES:O was going to use? 

Just seems like hypocrisy to me.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

With TESO people were afraid it would be very similar to SWTOR, and without video to assauge those fears, panic set in.  With The Repopulation, we have gameplay videos and the faq as well as information released is very different from the SWTOR style of game.  The game is more like precu SWG from the sound of it with some diffrences of course. 

So with TESO, I believe there was the fear that it would be similar to SWTOR.  

Apparently, in the right hands the Hero engine can do amazing things.  Only time will tell, but if they can successfully utilize the engine that sounds like much needed pr for the Hero Engine.  Maybe they should help fund the project to show just what their engine is capable of.

Originally posted by Wolvards

Hero Engine....

I can see a couple posters in this thread that have already pledged money to this game, yet over in TES:O forums, when the mention of Hero Engine was used (Not even as release engine, but a scratch board) they seriously went flamant hater on the game and havent turned back since.

Why is it ok for this game to use Hero Engine when you guys had such a HUGE problem when you thought that's what TES:O was going to use? 

Well, for me, I saw how the Hero Engine was used for SWTOR and was very unimpressed.

This was before I found out that Bioware basically bought an unfinished and unsupported version of it and modified it.

Now seeing how a complete and fully supported version works with what they have done in the Repop, I have changed my viewpoint about the Hero Engine.

As for TESO, it wasnt so much that they said they were using the Hero Engine, but that first they said they were using it and then backpeddled and said they werent really using it.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

I pledged my modest $30 and would rather put my money into a game I want to play than the dross thats suposed to be awesome over the last 6 years.In fact I havn't even bought an MMO since Aion.Good luck with this guys it looks really promising :).

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

Hero Engine....

Well, for me, I saw how the Hero Engine was used for SWTOR and was very unimpressed.

This was before I found out that Bioware basically bought an unfinished and unsupported version of it and modified it.

Now seeing how a complete and fully supported version works with what they have done in the Repop, I have changed my viewpoint about the Hero Engine.

As for TESO, it wasnt so much that they said they were using the Hero Engine, but that first they said they were using it and then backpeddled and said they werent really using it.

Have we seen this version of the engine used though? Or is it still just in development with no real gameplay seen yet?

So your assumptions may still be true about the Hero Engine... 

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• KaylettaJadeKaylettaJade Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

Hero Engine....

Have we seen this version of the engine used though? Or is it still just in development with no real gameplay seen yet?

So your assumptions may still be true about the Hero Engine... 

An alpha trailer was just released.  You can view it here: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/738/feature/6524/Learning-More-About-The-Game.html/page/1

As far as the version of HeroEngine goes, I believe they are using the fully updated engine.  If you want an accurate answer from the devs, drop by the Repop website and ask.  The devs are wonderfully interactive.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

If we want to donate after the kickstarter ends, who would we contact? I can't speak for everyone but I get paid 1 time a month which would be a couple days after this ends. I would like to help and the incentives wouldn't hurt either but just wondering if that will still be avilable.

Glad to be able to help keep the game in your hands. So many devs with something that could be wonderful give up too soon and sell their souls to publishers that have no emotional attachment to what they made. It just becomes how much gold can this goose give.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Originally posted by DashiDMV

If we want to donate after the kickstarter ends, who would we contact? I can't speak for everyone but I get paid 1 time a month which would be a couple days after this ends. I would like to help and the incentives wouldn't hurt either but just wondering if that will still be avilable.

Glad to be able to help keep the game in your hands. So many devs with something that could be wonderful give up too soon and sell their souls to publishers that have no emotional attachment to what they made. It just becomes how much gold can this goose give.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

I would recommend PMing Josh or JC on the Repop forums.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

WOW less than 3k away from the 50k and last stretch goal :O truly amazing how people have come out to support the vision and the game being made by this studio all I can say is support for the Repopulation has been growing steadily  hopefully  people will enjoy the final product as I will as well :D

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Less than 7 hours left to donate !!!! Let's reach that last stretch goal !!! /

Lets get that Underwater City!!!!!

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Yay - first time I ever pledged money with Kickstarter and they've close to doubled their goal XD

This project spoke to me far more than Embers of Caerus (supporting a prototype, really?!) it's been a labor of love for years, and they have consistently kept people updated with their progress. I'm so glad to see that the fund-raising has been such a success. 

• RocSekRocSek Member UncommonPosts: 59

About 4 hours left on the Kickstarter. Get in while you can ;)

All I heard was... "Well aren't you just a little lolly pop triple dipped in psycho."

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 454

Can't believe so many are falling for this latest kickstart trend.

We used to pay for bad games, but now we are paying for bad ideas.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• RocSekRocSek Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by Caldicot

We used to pay for bad games, but now we are paying for bad ideas. <--- Opinion, not fact.

Just in case you're confused.

All I heard was... "Well aren't you just a little lolly pop triple dipped in psycho."

Supporting Repop isn't paying for ideas.  The game is already playable, and this money will go to fund more content.

Underwater city - push for it! We're so close!

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Goes to show how sick we are of WoW and it's wannabes

• JC-SmithJC-Smith Member UncommonPosts: 421

Just went over 50k. We're out of stretch goals. Didn't expect it to get that high.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Just amazing just goes to show what this Kickstarter is all about this is what the public want,and with the team and community we have and now the backing,i know this game is going to be rather special image

Just realised that was my 500th post as well nice !!

p>