Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Legacy Perks and Group Finder Thoughts

2»

Comments

• kazeenkazeen Member UncommonPosts: 13

Group finder is annoying so far tried it for black hole dailies. 

Had guy who was just afk the whole time so we kicked him and it reset the instance on us. 

Then we couldnt leave the que.  We had another guild mate to inv but no matter what we tried it wouldnt let us invite him. Had to remake the group without the tool. 

Not sure if it resets ops but if it and reset bosses. Boss farming here we come. 

Ranked Warzones is nice to finally have. Still need to be able to que 8 for regulars though. 

Legacy stuff is a rip off. Get all these legacy levels and still have to pay alot of credits per toon to unlock stuff. Currently at legacy lvl 34 and i havnt bought anything from it. 

Their are still tons of bugs and performance issue they have yet to address.  Ticket response is still worse i have seen.  Make a bug report with details about the issue and they either say they need more info or post on the forums.  Or i just get a generic response telling to watch patch notes.  They never actually address or fix an issuess i have had.  Still waiting over a month for them to give me the augmented battlemasters chest a guild mate made for me and it wouldnt let us trade with each other. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Originally posted by erictlewis

1.3 = more legacy crap, other than the lfg tool that 1.3 has the patch offers nothing.  How bioware can continue to miss the mark with this type of crap is behond me.

Oh well waiting for tsw to come out and see what happens to the sub numbers.

Well they need these additions badly, they basically needed them at release.  Something has to give for them to add this stuff.  I'm sure 1.4 will be a content patch.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by MikeB

...well the Group Finder is a home-run so far...

IMHO either you have been deceived or you have low expectatons.

Group finder:

I'd say finally! However the tool isn't even as convenient or as good as what we have in others AAA MMO.

• First it does not port you back to your origin point. It will be added in the future but did you know the devs prevented this intentionally. WTH?
    • If you queue for planetary content, you have to actually go there. And you can't queue for specific heroic quests either.
    • By the way don't expect to queue for lower level content. You can't
    • Then the system doesn't even check your build. Meaning if you doesn't pay attention you can queue as Healer with a DPS build.
    • There not either a gear check nor matching system. So we're seeing outgeared players storming through content and ruining the experience of others, or ungeared players in hard mode making players /rage_kick.
    • If you are in a PvP WZ and you queued for PvE, the system will propose you to leave your current PvP mates to jump into PvP??...scratches head.
    • BTW they even broke the PvP queues and removed the requeue automatically checkbox.
    • Also don't expect to have a timer to give you an estimate of the queue time.
    • Finaly the UI is a bit clunky too, like you have to mouse over to see the levels of the quests and entries are not well sorted but kind of lay out in a messy way.
    • Almost forgot, there isn't either a /ready_check function.

If you’ve rolled a new character and you want to level up doing nothing but Space and Class missions? Go for it!

Deceived, twice? In short no you can't or should I say it's not going to be as good (fast) as you're suggesting.

Legacy Perks

The name should be characters perks not legacy as there's nothing legacy wide in any of them.

• The XP legacy perks are supposed to let you level the way you want to for your alts. It doesn't do that at all. It just smooth out a bit the requirements.
    • Ex: They said you could level conveniently through PvP. At best you can buy out a 30% PvP increase so in no way leveling as fast as with doing PvE content nor getting enough credits to buy out gear. The interesting part here is they lowered the PvP xp by +40% in 1.2
    • For fresh characters, the time you'll spend grinding to earn the credits to buy Xp perks, is close to the time you would have saved doing content be it PvE, PvP or Space Missions.
    • For maxed out characters there's only the port options that are worth it and even they are on a such high and shared cooldown that's making them not really worth it.
    • The companions perks aren't that much worth it either, as the cost to buy them is either very close or higher than what you can get from the AH to buy gifts to your companions.
    • The only things that are interesting are mostly the portable mai box (still not as good as SWG datapad), the portable droid, and being able to get mounts at level 10.

Development wise the new legacy perks are just a few database entries tied to a new UI frame and icons.

The allies patch is, all things related very very thin. Thing is there was quite a lot feedback on the PTS and, as they put the patch on the server too late, they had no time to tweak the code nor the functionnalities.

I wish SWTOR was made by RIFT or GW2 teams, at least we would have people that have a clue about MMO and do listen to the playebase.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Originally posted by Deewe

...well the Group Finder is a home-run so far...

IMHO either you have been deceived or you have low expectatons.

Group finder:

I'd say finally! However the tool isn't even as convenient or as good as what we have in others AAA MMO.

• First it does not port you back to your origin point. It will be added in the future but di you know the devs prevented this intentionally. WTH?
    • If you queue for planetary content you have to actually go there. And you can't queue for specific heroic quests either.
    • By the way don't expect to queue for lower level content. You can't
    • Then the system doesn't even check your build. Meaning if you doesn't pay attention you can queue as Healer with a DPS build.
    • There not either a gear check nor matching system. So we're seeing outgeared players storming through content and ruining the experience of others or ungeared players in hard mode making players /rage_kick.
    • If you are in a PvP WZ and you queued for PvE the system will propose you to leave your current PvP mates to jump into PvP??...scratches head.
    • BTW they even broke the PvP queues and removed the requeue automatically checkbox.
    • Also don't expect to have a timer to give you an estimate of the queue time.
    • Finaly the UI is a bit clunky too, like you have to mouse over to see the levels of the quests and entries ares not well sorted but kind of lay out in a messy way.
    • Almost forgot, there isn't either a /ready_check function.

Damn.  That's a horrible implementation.  A big part of group finding tools is to be anywhere and port there.  Once the instance is done you should port back where you were to continue what you were doing.  Sounds like clueless devs and/or a rushed release.

MMORPG just tries to help sell games to get advertisers.  I no longer hope for critical analysis.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Saddening to see how few people even post on TOR articles anymore.

Seems everybody already moved to new horizons and well GW2 is not even out. :(