Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Now I'm worried.

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Somewhere, MIPosts: 7,974Member
    I had some serious performance increases in the hour I played during stress test - after Bwe3 and then another month till release, GW2 will be ready.
  • PuraimaruPuraimaru MelbournePosts: 74Member
    Originally posted by CrunkJuice2

i can already see how gw2 is going to go

everyone will quit there current mmos,whine all day about bugs,etc at release(yeah,because its not exactly out of the ordinary for a mmo at launch to have bugs and stuff)and then they'll just bail it like they did with swtor

i wonder when the mmo community is going to just stop and think.maybe it isnt the companys that are failing when it comes to mmos,but its us

Agreed!

• RoybeRoybe Star, NCPosts: 420Member
    Originally posted by seridan
    Originally posted by Sixpax
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Valid point OP, but I would hold off on your concerns until after BW3.  As in, let's wait to see what has happened between now and July 20.

I agree.  I think the July 20 BWE will really be a good view of what the released version will look like.  If it has tons of bugs, missing content, and stability issues at that time, then I'll be concerned.

I hope BWE3 is not cpu-bound again, otherwise I'll be annoyed.

^^^^ My only major concern...there seemed to be a problem for the 500 series Nvidia cards.  Since 600's had been released a few days, not sure if there was an issue with them.  Since both mine and my wifes computers are running these video cards, and my FPS's never changed with changes to the video settings and the game continuoulsy crashed on my wife's machine I'm hoping Anet and Nvidia get there heads wired together properly and get these problems ironed out soon.

GUI will not be changed for user customizability until after release, if at all.  This will probably be an issue that will be a deal breaker for some, but IMHO, is a necessity for one main reason:  Consoles.

• RCP_utRCP_ut ...Posts: 263Member
    Originally posted by thedarkess

Let's leave something for after launch. We are just tired of waiting. We want to play the dammed game. We can handle some updates after launch too.

This :). For what i saw so far, GW2 is in better shape right now than many games are at release day.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan EastPosts: 2,630Member

I have yet to encounter a single "game breaking" bug in GW2. The game is also way more stable than some games like TSW, which is supposed to use the tested and fixed Age of Conan engine... yet still experiences regular crashes to desktop.

GW2 in beta is more stable and smooth than many MMORPGs after their release. I'm not worried about that.

If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.

• tordurbartordurbar Alexandria, VAPosts: 429Member

I too am worried. My concern is not the 8 pages of bugs but the two missing races. Not having the Asura and the Sylvari part of the BWE is almost frightening. What is going to happen when thousands of players jump into those races startup area on release day - in areas that have not been a part of ANY stress testing? I fear the worse.

I do agree with most of the posters - this game is ready for release (at least for the three races shown so far). GW2 is more ready for release than any game I have tried in the last 3 years. I too am looking forward to it (already bought it). I just don't want my first login (it will be Asura or Sylvari) to be a lag disaster.

• galliard1981galliard1981 warszawaPosts: 256Member

dont worry, be happy mate. even though i stopped playing GW1 immediately after hearing that GW2 is in production (oh how foolish of me, didnt know it will take that long), i will instabuy GW2 simply because how awesome GW1 was. Have faith in them.

I will gladly pay for open beta and wait patiently until they fix everything step by step. i am so into playing ASAP. its all thanks to diablo3 which turned out to be not that awesome, but this is offtop

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

• Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by botrytis

The missing content was due to the fact they didn't want to show much of it early to keep it new and exciting. There will always be bugs in software, don't kid yourself. It is only important if it cuases crashes, etc. My wife always says the last bug in software is fixed when the last user is dead.

That's not "missing content" that's "undisclosed content".  I'm referring to things like no voice-overs on some cutscenes (saw plenty of that).  And I agree on the bugs... minor bugs, meh, but client crashing bugs (which plagued me in BWE2 but not BWE1) need to be ironed out.  Again though, it's better to wait until BWE3 before this topic is even worth discussing.

Well - I had no crashing issues what so ever. Must be your machine. If everyone had the issue then yes it is a problem but since it was you - check what you have running in the background. There might be a 'Blizzard game crash' app running - JOKING!!!

Ok good to know others weren't having the crashing that I experienced.  I won't rule out a problem with my machine, but my wife's computer is completely different hardware wise and she crashed 3 or 4 times a day during BWE2 as well.  Of course it could also be our network, but then I'd expect it to affect at least 1 other online games we play (which it doesn't), and we didn't see the same problem in BWE1.  The only app we have running that's the same is our AV software so I'll try disabling that for the next BWE, but it has never affected any games we play, and again it didn't affect BWE1.  Hopefully it's something simple like that though.

• rankor2rankor2 adelaidePosts: 114Member
    Originally posted by Roybe

Originally posted by seridan
    Valid point OP, but I would hold off on your concerns until after BW3.  As in, let's wait to see what has happened between now and July 20.

I agree.  I think the July 20 BWE will really be a good view of what the released version will look like.  If it has tons of bugs, missing content, and stability issues at that time, then I'll be concerned.

I hope BWE3 is not cpu-bound again, otherwise I'll be annoyed.

^^^^ My only major concern...there seemed to be a problem for the 500 series Nvidia cards.  Since 600's had been released a few days, not sure if there was an issue with them.  Since both mine and my wifes computers are running these video cards, and my FPS's never changed with changes to the video settings and the game continuoulsy crashed on my wife's machine I'm hoping Anet and Nvidia get there heads wired together properly and get these problems ironed out soon.

GUI will not be changed for user customizability until after release, if at all.  This will probably be an issue that will be a deal breaker for some, but IMHO, is a necessity for one main reason:  Consoles.

The game has a problem with all gpu's right now because it is CPU bound atm so where did u get the nvidea 500 series problem from?
  • BridgerBridger South Windsor, CTPosts: 77Member
    Originally posted by tordurbar

I too am worried. My concern is not the 8 pages of bugs but the two missing races. Not having the Asura and the Sylvari part of the BWE is almost frightening. What is going to happen when thousands of players jump into those races startup area on release day - in areas that have not been a part of ANY stress testing? I fear the worse.

I do agree with most of the posters - this game is ready for release (at least for the three races shown so far). GW2 is more ready for release than any game I have tried in the last 3 years. I too am looking forward to it (already bought it). I just don't want my first login (it will be Asura or Sylvari) to be a lag disaster.

They do have a core group of internal testers numbering in the thousands if I'm not mistaken.  So I would imagine they've tested the Asura/Sylvari areas just about as much.

Also, I think the stress test is more for the server code/infrastructure, not for the software "zones."  As long as the servers can keep up (which they can test with any zone), the zons will work the same for everyone.

• botrytisbotrytis In Flux, MIPosts: 2,567Member

Just an FYI - ~120 MB patch for GW2 streaming down if you start your client.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
    by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

• dadante666dadante666 buford, GAPosts: 404Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by goemoe

Guild Wars 2 is not just the next MMO, like so many before, it is B2P. Loads of people will buy it, many already did. They will start to play and currently I doubt many things will go worng. But even it if is the case. The money has been earned by ArenaNet and they will continue to fix it, to create more stuff for the game and everyone who bought the game can reenter, whenever they want to.  There is no more payment in any form as it is with all the other major titles.

If SWTOR would be B2P, perhaps I would play it again next year or so, but I won't resub it. But I have faith ;) I think GW 2 will have much more content, much more hooks for me and others to play on after the first toon hits 80. The release is 2 months away, they will have time to fix this and that even before the release hits the shelves...

True, people will play it a while, take a break, try again and so on. Or at least that was how it was with GW1.

and still like that ,telling you for experiance like miself  .

i play gw1 for 4 and half years  then quit like a year playing aion ,and came back like 4 month later doing mi full HOM once i finish mi HOM wish it took me like 2 and half month (it wasnt in 0 ihave already lot of point then finish) i play skyrim then swtor just 1 month,then back again to do mi title (god walking amore mere mortals) wish took me really 2 weeks after come back on game cause i dint have it planned .

its still pretty good and best pvp ever made and a balance game .

• ZhauricZhauric Houston, TXPosts: 293Member
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw

I'd like to see this 8 page bug report... link please? After beta testing the last BWE which had far less issues than another game I just beta tested which launches tomorrow, I'm not in the least bit concerned. Than again, some game companies don't care about releasing unfinished or broken products. So even if GW2 for some reason had a bum launch, at least they aren't the only ones.

It wasn't 8 pages of bugs. He's exaggerating. It was the only forum topic available so folks were using it to talk about anything and everything. Some bug reports, of course, but not some entire eight pages. Not to mention since as many stated in this thread they had better performance in BWE2 than the stress test then simple logic tells you a simple build was utilized for the stress test so he shouldn't even have made that such an intense barometer for his concerns. Folks have said that here as well but he seems to be ignoring it even though it is very much logical. Not like the build suddenly regressed after a bout of depression or something.

So if these issues were big in BWE2 I could understand concern but they weren't. In fact, gameplay improved from BWE1 to BWE2. That means they addressed concerns, bugs and known issues. So why would I suddenly be concerned if they already display the quality needed to be assertive in addressing issues? If they ignored them it would be a different story.

In any case let's be real. They could have made no announcement and December roll around and a post like this would still be tossed up. There will always...always be 'IT'S TOO SOON!' posts when it comes to releases. I've seen some with TSW and that release was actually pushed back. There will always be someone to do these things.

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Grand Junction, COPosts: 91Member
    Originally posted by Bridger
    Originally posted by tordurbar

They do have a core group of internal testers numbering in the thousands if I'm not mistaken.  So I would imagine they've tested the Asura/Sylvari areas just about as much.

Also, I think the stress test is more for the server code/infrastructure, not for the software "zones."  As long as the servers can keep up (which they can test with any zone), the zons will work the same for everyone.

That's what the overflow servers are there for? They will just push the extra onto those servers to spread out the load.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Philadelpihia, PAPosts: 426Member

Just as I thought... Just another post from a person with misplaced rage towards a game still in beta.

Nothing to see here folks... Keep it moving!

• ThorbrandThorbrand West Palm Beach, FLPosts: 1,198Member
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

I have yet to encounter a single "game breaking" bug in GW2. The game is also way more stable than some games like TSW, which is supposed to use the tested and fixed Age of Conan engine... yet still experiences regular crashes to desktop.

GW2 in beta is more stable and smooth than many MMORPGs after their release. I'm not worried about that.

Upgrade your computer!

My experience 2 BWE each and TSW is more stable less lag and less bugs.

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Grand Junction, COPosts: 91Member
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

Upgrade your computer!

My experience 2 BWE each and IMO TSW is more stable less lag and less bugs.

When does early access start....gotta get rid of the fanbois. Fixed that for you Thor.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan EastPosts: 2,630Member

Upgrade your computer!

My experience 2 BWE each and TSW is more stable less lag and less bugs.

My computer runs a dozen of different games flawlessly, including GW2 beta. Never a crash, I can max out setting, it runs well... except TSW beta, with its random crashes to desktop. No other game does that. Oh, TSW runs quite well too performance wise with everything maxed in DX11, but it's the typical Funcom bugged stuff.

Guild Wars 2 is definitely more stable than TSW on my computer. Actually, any game is more stable than TSW for now, since it's the only game I have which occasionally crashes. I'm in TSW closed beta since long enough to know that I'm not the only one with that issue, too, so it's definitely not a problem with my computer.

If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.

• joker007mojoker007mo joplin, MOPosts: 712Member
    Originally posted by galliard1981

dont worry, be happy mate. even though i stopped playing GW1 immediately after hearing that GW2 is in production (oh how foolish of me, didnt know it will take that long), i will instabuy GW2 simply because how awesome GW1 was. Have faith in them.

I will gladly pay for open beta and wait patiently until they fix everything step by step. i am so into playing ASAP. its all thanks to diablo3 which turned out to be not that awesome, but this is offtop

i wouldnt stop playing gw every title you gain in gw ties into your hall of monuments even after release of gw2

so it still has its worth unless you dont have eye of the north ...

• RizelStarRizelStar Raleigh, NCPosts: 2,773Member

Bingo! Knuff said.

Badabing

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• StrangeEyesStrangeEyes vlaardingenPosts: 119Member

So far tested content lvl35, but no sylvari or asura tested yet?

Hope they know what there doing or it will hurt them nomatter how polished first 25lvls are.

Also worry about WvWvW AND SCALING.

But overal my experience over the 2 beta weekends and 2 stress test is positive and don't see many problems, its polished enough.

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770K 4GHz
    GPU:ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP
    MB:ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Case:Cooler Master HAF X
    RAM:Corsair 16GB 1600
    PSU:Corsair gold 850
    HD:SSD OCZ 256 GB vertex4

• Truth is, these boards have taken a negative turn as more people have had some time to try out the beta. It's worrying, but I hope ANet will be able to fix things before the launch. I'm still considering if I should preorder or not, or just wait until the storm settles and see whether the game lands on its feet or its face.

• DjinnAjitDjinnAjit Newington, CTPosts: 16Member
    Originally posted by Axxar

Truth is, these boards have taken a negative turn as more people have had some time to try out the beta. It's worrying, but I hope ANet will be able to fix things before the launch. I'm still considering if I should preorder or not, or just wait until the storm settles and see whether the game lands on its feet or its face.

Boards taken a turn for the worst...here?  no...

I cannot wait for the "I knew this game would fail...because it didn't have <insert random function only the OP wanted>" posts...

sigh.

As for preordering...just wait a couple of weeks, if you know someone in RL who is going to play ask their opinion.  NEVER go by the opinion of these boards, almost everyone here hates all MMOs.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCPosts: 6,255Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Vutar

This game had better have spectacular improvement in the next BWE or this will be just one more MMO in a long line that fails to meet expectations. The same people demanding the game be released are those who will be here a month later bashing it or moving on to the next hyped game. I really thought Anet was going to take their time and make sure the game was "ready." as they said. Having been in tons of beta tests for MMOs, I cannot fathom how they are going to fix all the problems this game still has by 28 August.

There were over 8 pages of just "bugs." in the few hour stress test yesterday. That does not even take into account things like the UI not being customizable. They would not allow any discussion yesterday in regard to improvements. All threads on that were locked. Likely they will be concentrating on squashing bugs for the next two months.  While good to get those taken care of, it is bad for anyone wanting any type significant improvment in gameplay systems. They will not want to implement anything major knowing that more bugs could come up before release.

I really like GW2 and think it could be a great game. However, if they release without implementing many of the improvements that were all over the forums during/after last BWE, it simply will not be a great game.

/sadface

no mmo game is bug free, just like no PvP game with classes is balanced.

• botrytisbotrytis In Flux, MIPosts: 2,567Member
    Originally posted by VagabondLife

Upgrade your computer!

My experience 2 BWE each and IMO TSW is more stable less lag and less bugs.

When does early access start....gotta get rid of the fanbois. Fixed that for you Thor.

In the BWE I was playing TSW WAS NOT more stable - it crashed alot and lagged alot. It was one month from release and GW2 release date wasn't even announced yet. GW2 was so much more stable for me - TSW just looked like a game thrown toegether.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
    by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum