Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Do You Want To Be?

dreldrel Member Posts: 918
Now that we all know the release date of GW2 and the next beta, what class do you plan on playing and why?

Comments

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief are my choices. Now which one of the four I'm not sure yet, I'll continue testing during BWE3 and then decide.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918
    I've tried the ranger, elementist, necromancer, and Mesmer.
    I think with the next beta, I'll try a warrior, thief, possibly guardian.
  • Ranger will be my main, alts are Guardian, Thief, Elementalist, and Mesmer.  Warrior is too much like ranger and guardian.  Necro is too much like ranger and mesmer.  Engineer is too finicky for me.

Now deciding on which race for each of them is the next big decision.

• ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128
    So far I've tried Thief, Warrior, Ranger and Elementalist. Out of those, it was a split between warrior and elementalist.
    I'm probably going to try to play evey class a little bit before I decide thiugh except the Guardian. Just couldn't get used to the style they have.
    And, not critiquing the game, but I do miss dual professions a bit, though I don't think it would fit well on top of the current profession system.
  • korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

I don't know, can't make up my mind :(

After BWE2 I had settled on an engineer but I tried out a thief again in the stress test and quite enjoyed playing that. I'll probably try out a necromance again in the next BWE and see how that goes.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

A pink bunny, but failing that I'll go with my second choice, ranger.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

Probably warrior and engineer.  I enjoyed that classes the most.  Might do a ranger because they are so OP.  Be nice to run one before the nerf. :)

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by kasta

Probably warrior and engineer.  I enjoyed that classes the most.  Might do a ranger because they are so OP.  Be nice to run one before the nerf. :)

They did say they are going to balance things. Yes, ranged they are good but get close up and they are pretty squishy.

• arrgyarrgy Member UncommonPosts: 87

Healthy

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

I've tried all but 2 professions, the mesmer and necro.

I have no idea which profession too be, there all great so far. Since I mainly PvP, the mesmer and necro seem good, from what I've been reading.

We shall see next BWE !!

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

sadly say iwas gonna play mesmer at main but it wasnt what i espect ;/ it still need alot of fixing  and hope clone do somthing healpfull other than being usless, then i decide playing necro but they nerf the dmg wish is not that really bad but DS is not that good and have usless skill in place wish i hope they change it ,and finally ill play elementalist wish i find it more fun  whit lot of option to put on fight and combo.

and of course Asura will be mi races of choice.

• alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Originally posted by dadante666

sadly say iwas gonna play mesmer at main but it wasnt what i espect ;/ it still need alot of fixing  and hope clone do somthing healpfull other than being usless, then i decide playing necro but they nerf the dmg wish is not that really bad but DS is not that good and have usless skill in place wish i hope they change it ,and finally ill play elementalist wish i find it more fun  whit lot of option to put on fight and combo.

What??

(-_-)

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by alancode
    Originally posted by dadante666

What??

I think he was complaining about every class he's played thus far, and then ending by saying he'll be an Asura?

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

Warrior is the only 'definite' I have thus far. My second favorite at this point has been ranger followed by engineer but I hear they are making some changes to engineer so wanting to see what those are. I am always a ranger so really would rather avoid it if possible, heh. But I always seem to play it well in pvp and the animations are what I have been wanting in mmo's for the class for years now.

Engineer is a lot of fun with all the gadgets. Feel like you're building your own little base when guardian an area in pvp. Gotta love when your missle launcher starts going off when someone comes near. Thief was going to be my focus but seems there are a lot of folks that plan on it and I hate being one of the crowd.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

guardian, warrior and ranger to start. then everything else. im least interested in necro and mesmer, so they'll come last.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Pretty much the same archetypes I like in other MMOs.

Thief as main. Warrior, Ranger and Engineer as alts.

• StrangeEyesStrangeEyes Member Posts: 119

Sylvari Necro and Asura Engeneer.

Offcorse races ive not played becouse there not released yet but classes i also avoided so when GW2 launched i have something completely new :)

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770K 4GHz
    GPU:ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP
    MB:ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Case:Cooler Master HAF X
    RAM:Corsair 16GB 1600
    PSU:Corsair gold 850
    HD:SSD OCZ 256 GB vertex4

• BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

Sylvari Necro will be my main. Sylvari because it's my favorite race and Necro because it's my favorite profession, it was lotsa fun to play during BWE.

• Valgar1Valgar1 Member UncommonPosts: 324

Stuck between warrior and rogue typ. Tried them bolth in beta weekend leaning twords the rogue.

• ZoyitaZoyita Member Posts: 119

I been worried about my favorite class too, Mesmer i was wondering if i was gonna make a post about it but luckyly i found this thread.

Well i played ranger and guardian and i love it!, sincerely what i always wanted to main was a mesmer, i know all we had been playing are betas but i cant help this feeling of frustration and disapointness towards the mesmer. I was planning so many things that i wanted to do, i was happy because i tought i could pve alone having 3 other people with me (my clones and my phantasms) dont get me wrong i enjoy playing with other people but sometimes you want to do something and other people wanna do something different, i liked the idea of this freedom and flexibility but they did changed this on the last betas, now this clones and phantasms are 1-2 hit dead and i cant fight multiple monsters because the pve monsters will always attack me they wont get fooled by my ilusions this doesnt make any sense to me since im a mesmer i should be the master of ilusions, omg guys i dont know what i will do if this doesnt get fixed, what if Arena net simply want it to be like that and they dont fix it. Also in WvW my ilusions are just staring doing anything at first i tought i was lagging but this time i realized is not lag.

Im very sad and im scared that this is everything the mesmer can do. Also this last beta i could only open the first 2 slots of only 2 rows in the traits, maybe was a bug but what if they decreased the ammount of points per lvl...? anyone knows?

before this stress test (last beta weekend) i had 2 rows completetly open (ilusions and something else complete and also 2 first slots of other one). All of that was gone.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

The first 2 I'll roll are Sylvaro Elementalist and Asura Engineer. But I like all classes in a way so it won't be long before I got all character slots filled.

• KetillKetill Member Posts: 19

Before playing any of the classes I had planned to role a Necro. But after getting some time with them and some of the classes, I've decided I'll definitely be playing an Elementalist and Warrior. I'm probably still rolling a Necro as well, but I don't love it as much as the other two. I'm on the fence right now with the Engineer. I liked his weapons and their ablities but found the weapon kits and turrets less exciting. I liked the Ranger too, but I haven't had enough time with it yet. I also really need to check out the Guardian next BWE, as that is the only class I haven't tried and it seems to be one that some try and seem to end up really enjoying.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Ketill

Before playing any of the classes I had planned to role a Necro. But after getting some time with them and some of the classes, I've decided I'll definitely be playing an Elementalist and Warrior. I'm probably still rolling a Necro as well, but I don't love it as much as the other two. I'm on the fence right now with the Engineer. I liked his weapons and their ablities but found the weapon kits and turrets less exciting. I liked the Ranger too, but I haven't had enough time with it yet. I also really need to check out the Guardian next BWE, as that is the only class I haven't tried and it seems to be one that some try and seem to end up really enjoying.

I feel exactly the same as you, except I played guardian and it rocks.  Necro is fine, but they work best when they are played in a precise and efficient way, using conditions to never let your enemies gain momentum.  They are just not the masters or AoE that Ele seems to be.

I'm probably going to play around with the character creator and PvP next BWE.  I am not touching the story side of sylvari or asura until release...if I can keep myself from it...it is going to be hard.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

Human Guardian, Charr Warrior. I've always been a tank (I know I know), so these two will still be the closest to my favorite play style. I've played a Guardian in the beta events up to about 27 now and still love it. The caster classes have been meh for me (but I always feel that way about casters, it's NOT the game mechanics that turn me off to them).

I also have spent about 12 hours with a ranger, and have really gotten to like it (even if the pet seems to stand around a lot before actually doing anything).

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574
    Originally posted by Adalwulff

I've tried all but 2 professions, the mesmer and necro.

I have no idea which profession too be, there all great so far. Since I mainly PvP, the mesmer and necro seem good, from what I've been reading.

We shall see next BWE !!

I am absolutely thrilled with the Guardian. I'd like to get to know the Ranger and Necro more as well. I'm sure i will try Elementalist soon too. After release, I'm sure those will be the four professions I play.